Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kraxxus
02.14.2013 , 10:53 PM | #101
Gray Helix Components should be legacy bound, not bind on pickup if we're doing all the dailies with multiple characters within the legacy.

Nicolettexiv
02.15.2013 , 01:50 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Arthuriuan View Post
Everyone griping and complaining about their particular favorite item of the game (PVP/PVE, etc.). But, I have yet to see a single comment about what will really toast your wheat bread. Have you looked at the levels required to buy the Bind to Legacy weapons from the vendor? Short answer...Champion level. You are limited to 12k rep per week, the first four levels to become a "Friend of the Gree" take a total of 15k going up in increments of 2500. So, the next level should be somewhere around 10k to finish (not, Champion, BTW). Sooo, in two weeks you can earn 24k, but 25k is going to be required to hit that 5th level....you won't be able to buy any of those nice, pretty weapons that they hung out there as teasers until BioWare decides to have the Gree return for the next episode of their "recurring event." Nice, thanks for the Dirty Kick BioWare.
I am completely OK with not being able to get Champion level rewards during the event's first appearance. Otherwise, what's the point of making it repeat? We can't complain about lack of content, and then complain when we can't render it obsolete immediately. You're not intended to be able to get it in the first two weeks. If games continually hand you things with minimal time invested, players will continue to get bored, and the game will continue to lose their player base. To freak out that you don't get to obtain Champion reputation gear within the first two weeks of the event is a bit overkill.

Not only that, but they also want to balance out the rate of accruing reputation, so the players who, say, aren't fond of running dailies all day (jobs, school, families) on multiple characters, still have a fair shot of getting their reputation rewards as well. I have 33,660 points in rep sitting in my bags, I capped on the first day, but I also have multiple alts and have farmed world bosses. I have ample time on my hands during my vacation. Someone without that amount of time would be here in the forums, ranting, that they felt shafted that someone could have all of the rewards already (were there no cap). Bioware has to choose a middle ground to attempt to keep the various types of players happy.

ALSO, the vendors will be present even when the event is not. So, you can utilize your trophies to meet the caps even while the event is gone, and still be able to visit the vendor.

Guild Wars 2: To get your dungeon gear, you would have to run approximately 54 instances. Of the same instance. For your first set. The best weapons take a major grind and gold sink.
World of Warcraft: Faction rep grinds took forever without tabards. Their latest xpac factions take at least a month to grind up enough rep. Accumulating valor points for raiding gear is capped, and takes ages. About a piece/week.
SWTOR: faction takes around 4-5 weeks to reach LEGEND if you use your trophies wisely, to exceed the cap. Gives you full set of tier gear upon hitting 50. Full set of recruit/Battlemaster gear when you hit 50. Easy as hell to get columi and rakata. 159 Black Hole comms/week are available to get 3 major pieces of gear/week. Are we really complaining about how long things take in SWTOR?

If a game makes things too quickly and easily attainable with minimal investment, they lose their players. If content can be rolled over and progressed through immediately upon release, they lose their players. God forbid they try to put some lifespan into an event, and thus their game...

Raiders
02.15.2013 , 03:09 AM | #103
Hey all Dev, time to wake up !!!

Your 1.7 repair cost fixe is creating a lot of problems, Thread 4 stars, nearly 25k and I guess you've still have not read it.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...&page=38&pp=10

Eillack
02.15.2013 , 02:40 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
I don't play on a PvE Server, but I'm pretty sure there are no PvE quests in the FFA zone. The two quests for that area are PvP quests. So if you don't want to PvP, then don't do them. They are labeled PvP for a reason.
Funny...because walking an orb and tossing it into a power node that does literally nothing objetive / faction wise sounds a lot like PvE...killing droids in that area sounds PvE....the only thing "PvP" about it are the campers that have been griefing for days now.

If it was a "Kill X" or "take control of XYZ for a certain time to gain points," then it would be PvP.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Jonoku
02.15.2013 , 02:44 PM | #105
1.7 is a good update but EAware is pulling me down the mountain I'm trying to climb
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

rywokast
02.15.2013 , 05:27 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Funny...because walking an orb and tossing it into a power node that does literally nothing objetive / faction wise sounds a lot like PvE...killing droids in that area sounds PvE....the only thing "PvP" about it are the campers that have been griefing for days now.

If it was a "Kill X" or "take control of XYZ for a certain time to gain points," then it would be PvP.
I agree, it is not PvP at all, it is simply griefers with no life sitting around trying to ruin it for others, NOTHING to do with PvP there, get a life, fight me 1v1 not wait until i have 50% health then gank me with your squad of d-bags.

Kellorion
02.16.2013 , 01:27 AM | #107
To increase purple parallel from orange obtuse please consult with Gree enclave to add green tangent mailboxes white bi-sectors.

Also black bi-sectors should make Gree Salene Blue Salene conclave gear equip-able level 1, Red Salene equip-able level 31, and White Salene as is towards white parallel.
Lashon Orion'Nuruodo Tiran-Ori Ken
Eagerly waiting for Cathar, Cereans, Natoluans, Nikto, Togruta's, Voss & Weequay.
I got a bad feeling about this.....post.

keimox
02.16.2013 , 11:29 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by jedislayer5000 View Post
I agree, it is not PvP at all, it is simply griefers with no life sitting around trying to ruin it for others, NOTHING to do with PvP there, get a life, fight me 1v1 not wait until i have 50% health then gank me with your squad of d-bags.
Best part this is that imperials are ganking imperials and leaving republic's mostly alone.

rywokast
02.16.2013 , 05:41 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by keimox View Post
Best part this is that imperials are ganking imperials and leaving republic's mostly alone.
Ya I know, like why the hell would you attack your own side, and not just go after the enemy lol.

Alezzandro
02.16.2013 , 08:55 PM | #110
I was wondering if there will be an alternate colour version of the sniper rifle (I haven't looked too closely at the other guns) as the one that is currently available seems to match the black and blue armor set, but doesn't really fit with the black and red. It would be amazing to have a red-lit version of the rifle to go with the red armor set.

If anyone knows of a thread related to this topic, I would love to see it.