Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

"grd plz"


RandomXChance's Avatar


RandomXChance
02.11.2013 , 11:58 AM | #1
This happens all the time, but this one really made me laugh. Using my full Dread Guard Assasin tank with the Warstalker title. Right at the start of the FP a DPS in Columi and the healer both pop out "grd plz". Good thing people try and keep the flashpoints entertaining.

Mavery's Avatar


Mavery
02.11.2013 , 12:04 PM | #2
That's when you guard no one. =)
Elidibs Draconis, Kinetic Shadow
Yup, I'm back. Miss me?

jeniyagyu's Avatar


jeniyagyu
02.11.2013 , 12:28 PM | #3
That's when you go, "No" and when they ask why, you say:

"No is shorter then Yes, just like PLX/PLZ is shorter then please."

lol

bigheadbrandon's Avatar


bigheadbrandon
02.11.2013 , 12:29 PM | #4
guard yourself

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
02.11.2013 , 02:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomXChance View Post
This happens all the time, but this one really made me laugh. Using my full Dread Guard Assasin tank with the Warstalker title. Right at the start of the FP a DPS in Columi and the healer both pop out "grd plz". Good thing people try and keep the flashpoints entertaining.
Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if your dps as a Shadow tank was higher than his ...

RendValor's Avatar


RendValor
02.11.2013 , 03:00 PM | #6
Question: what is particularly wrong about a DPS asking for a guard? and since there's such a huge widespread misconception that healers need guard in PvE, I wouldn't say that's particularly wrong either, au contraire, it's pretty much expected behaviour.
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Mavery's Avatar


Mavery
02.11.2013 , 03:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RendValor View Post
Question: what is particularly wrong about a DPS asking for a guard? and since there's such a huge widespread misconception that healers need guard in PvE, I wouldn't say that's particularly wrong either, au contraire, it's pretty much expected behaviour.
It's akin to telling a healer who to shield.

Past that, in the OPs case, no columi geared DPSer -- regardless of how good they are -- is going to pull off a geared Assassin.
Elidibs Draconis, Kinetic Shadow
Yup, I'm back. Miss me?

bsbrad's Avatar


bsbrad
02.11.2013 , 03:22 PM | #8
You always guard the person who is likely to pull the most threat of the tank. If you cannot figure that out by the first fight just guard the healer and be done with it.

Most likely the DPS with the best gear will pull off the tank the most although that is a big assumption as they may not know their rotations.

Plus pulling off a well geared sin may take some effort.

GalaxyStrong's Avatar


GalaxyStrong
02.11.2013 , 03:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
You always guard the person who is likely to pull the most threat of the tank. If you cannot figure that out by the first fight just guard the healer and be done with it.

Most likely the DPS with the best gear will pull off the tank the most although that is a big assumption as they may not know their rotations.

Plus pulling off a well geared sin may take some effort.
This^

Are we really having this conversation, lol.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

bbare's Avatar


bbare
02.11.2013 , 04:40 PM | #10
With the amount of bad tanks in fp's, I would ask for a guard immediately as a dps too. Maybe he didn't realize you were geared and/or didn't see the title that confirms you are an experienced tank. I've seen plenty of tanks who seemed geared due to having some dread guard gear due to legacy smuggling. Heck, I have a healer at lvl 38 who is going to be full black hole/campaign once he reaches 50, but that doesn't make me a good healer.
The Vanity Legacy