Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Relics of the Gree Event – Sneak Peek Video

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Relics of the Gree Event – Sneak Peek Video
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MidnyteTragedy
02.11.2013 , 01:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Illum is a level 50 planet. Even if the event is scalable, unless there is a "protected path" to get you to the event, your character's "threat radius" would attract the attention of the NPCs.
I was afraid of that. I just hit 42, unless I do a massive grind, I won't hit 50 before the event ends.
Member of Arch Presidium on The Ebon Hawk
Mídnyte - lvl 55 Sith Assassin / Ta-Khara - lvl 50 Mercenary
Felyn'dril - lvl 49 Jedi Sentinel / Majidah - lvl 45 Marauder

Aries_cz
02.11.2013 , 01:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Is it just the event or the entire patch 1.7?
Should be the whole Patch 1.7, as the event is part of it:
http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/1.7-return-of-the-gree
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Screaming_Ziva
02.11.2013 , 01:33 PM | #23
Illum is a level 50 planet. Even if the event is scalable, unless there is a "protected path" to get you to the event, your character's "threat radius" would attract the attention of the NPCs.
There already is. The speeder right outside the imperial base (I'm assuming the republic speeder is just as accessible) can take you directly to the western PvP area and you don't encounter any NPCs on your way there.

DarthVengeant
02.11.2013 , 01:35 PM | #24
This looks more than an event, as it looks more like an Ops with Bosses. If it is only going to be for 2 weeks, I find that disconcerting. This should be for at least a month so that guilds can Ops and fight the bosses together. All the time and effort put into this and it's only up for 2 weeks? What a waste. It's going to take people a few days just to figure thins stuff out. Allow more than 2 weeks Bioware.

I really hope this isn't a PVP only event. If it is...i'm very unhappy.

Furthermore, upon looking at the new armor. The design looks horrible. Yes, a Tron look is cool, but the actual armor you put it on is UGLY! WHy not allow the Tron look on what you are already wearing? Why can't Bioware design good armor? Dunce hats, cyborg, and 2 ft long spikes? Seriously? 90% of the armor in this game is ugly. Half the stuff that actually could look decent is only blue or green level, not mod-able. Why is it always some hogwash you cant COLOR THE WAY YOU WANT IT!!! Good armor would be: Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Darth Talon, Dark Side Luke, Ventress. Get the idea now? Yes, stuff that actually looks good.

Also, I found it strange that the video had a Sexual Content warning, yet there was none in the video.

Urael
02.11.2013 , 01:55 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
There already is. The speeder right outside the imperial base (I'm assuming the republic speeder is just as accessible) can take you directly to the western PvP area and you don't encounter any NPCs on your way there.
Unless they "enable" the PvP scaling of PvP levels 10-49, it will be next to impossible for lowbies. It will still be difficult for lowbies even if they do, due to the level of gear of many of the hardcore PvPers. We need, as usual, more information.

TheBBP
02.11.2013 , 02:09 PM | #26
Has it been confirmed that we will be forced to PVP in order to partake in this event and content? If not, some confirmation would be super.
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

Costello
02.11.2013 , 02:13 PM | #27
Can we get an official response, is this going to be a PvP, PvE or PvPvE event?

It looks like it is going to be PvE from the small bits of info we have seen, but the western shelf is where PvP has been known to take place. So is this the PvP revamp or a 2 week event and open world PvP or however PvP on ilum is going to change is going to be something different?

Alec_Fortescue
02.11.2013 , 02:21 PM | #28
I stand corrected. Still it would have been more informative if this event is "the repeatable rep grind gree illum event" to have said ... "The start of uncovering what the Gree are up to ..." or words to that effect to indicate that this will in fact be part of the new rep grind system.
Relics of the Gree was said to be a recurring event, huh? there is no specified time frame. Could be next year, could be 2 months. Could be every month. Afterall there is nothing else to do on the Western Ice Shelf if the even is not up. The event is the "ilum revamp", no?
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

Urael
02.11.2013 , 02:33 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Relics of the Gree was said to be a recurring event, huh? there is no specified time frame. Could be next year, could be 2 months. Could be every month. Afterall there is nothing else to do on the Western Ice Shelf if the even is not up. The event is the "ilum revamp", no?
Unknown. Would be nice of them to say.

Also, would be nice to know if this event is tied to the repeatable monthly Gree rep grind or a one off.

DarthOvertone
02.11.2013 , 02:46 PM | #30
Finally! The Reboot of Ilum!

*crosses sabers*

please do it right BW...please do it right BW...please do it right BW...
Alphabolt - Alphanoob - Alphawood - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - #1 Stronk PvP Server
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!