Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Relics of the Gree Event – Sneak Peek Video

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Relics of the Gree Event – Sneak Peek Video
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Urael
02.11.2013 , 12:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
It already says it lasts 2 weeks , but it should come back at some point yes.
I stand corrected. Still it would have been more informative if this event is "the repeatable rep grind gree illum event" to have said ... "The start of uncovering what the Gree are up to ..." or words to that effect to indicate that this will in fact be part of the new rep grind system.

odericko
02.11.2013 , 12:54 PM | #12
Looking forward to it. Anyone else think "Coming February 12th" should have been replaced with "Coming tomorrow"? :P
Hiltar - Bounty Hunter - Jung Ma

AzuthTheHighOne
02.11.2013 , 12:59 PM | #13
I only have 1 level 38 character and have not gotten to Ilum yet. I wonder if I am powerful enough for this event or I would I be wasting my time because I am too squishy.

Urael
02.11.2013 , 01:01 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AzuthTheHighOne View Post
I only have 1 level 38 character and have not gotten to Ilum yet. I wonder if I am powerful enough for this event or I would I be wasting my time because I am too squishy.
Illum is a level 50 planet. Even if the event is scalable, unless there is a "protected path" to get you to the event, your character's "threat radius" would attract the attention of the NPCs.

Elminster_cs
02.11.2013 , 01:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by courtneywoods View Post
between february 12 and february 26, visit the in-game news terminal, located on carrick station or vaiken spacedock, to begin your adventure in an all new in-game event, relics of the gree!

Uncover the real mission of the gray secant, an enormous ancient gree starship that has mysteriously appeared over ilum’s western ice shelf. The gree have promised advanced technology, including highly-advanced weapons and armor, to anyone who is brave enough to aid them by taking on an action-packed mission.

watch now
i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *____________________*
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

AzuthTheHighOne
02.11.2013 , 01:05 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Illum is a level 50 planet. Even if the event is scalable, unless there is a "protected path" to get you to the event, your character's "threat radius" would attract the attention of the NPCs.

Oh well, maybe I can make it to level 50 before the event is up. However, I am just now in the interlude between chapter 1 and 2.

Voren_Kurn
02.11.2013 , 01:07 PM | #17
Pause the trailer at 0:50

Is that the OLD Dread Guard / Hazmat gear that the shadow is wearing? Back when it was Ketchup and Mustard colors? I mean, even the trooper in back and the soundrel on the left are colors I think were changed long ago. If I'm right, then how long has Bioware been sitting on this stuff.... >.>
<RELIC>
(Prophecy of the Five)
Republic US East PVE/PVP Guild
Official Guild Site

Jamus_Divinus
02.11.2013 , 01:08 PM | #18
Looking forward to the event and the new reputation system.
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
200,000,000+ Mounts:192/206 Pets:170/178
Achievement points:26700 Ships mastered: 21/24

Screaming_Ziva
02.11.2013 , 01:14 PM | #19
A lot of the characters in the video seemed to be wearing PvP armor (I know I saw the inquisitor Battlemaster armor there). I wonder just how much PvP is going to be required.

DaRoamer
02.11.2013 , 01:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
A lot of the characters in the video seemed to be wearing PvP armor (I know I saw the inquisitor Battlemaster armor there). I wonder just how much PvP is going to be required.
Well, I enjoy both styles of play but there had better be some PVP content in there considering that Ilum was originally designed as a PVP zone (aside from the daily areas) and this was supposed to include a revamp of that area. If it's PVE only I personally won't care but the forums will explode.