Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Choose warzone

Monoth
02.10.2013 , 07:44 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by lucotas View Post
wz cross server means 20 server= enough people for play wzs. that's is more than 50k people (pvpers)
Doesn't matter, in Counter-Strike there was a lot more then 50k people playing it and Dust was the map on almost all the servers.... I guarantee you that if they allow people to choose their WZ we will be stuck playing just 1 or 2 maps forever... PvP guilds will stack the decks (Class wise) for the popular maps since they can choose the warzone and make face rolling an even bigger problem...

It's a bad idea... If you don't like a map just quit and re-que again...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

lucotas
02.10.2013 , 09:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
Doesn't matter, in Counter-Strike there was a lot more then 50k people playing it and Dust was the map on almost all the servers.... I guarantee you that if they allow people to choose their WZ we will be stuck playing just 1 or 2 maps forever... PvP guilds will stack the decks (Class wise) for the popular maps since they can choose the warzone and make face rolling an even bigger problem...

many people hate alderaan (me) many people hate hutball, hypergates, novare,voidstar

this is not counter strike. counter strike was different with the maps
Working on my english.
PLEASE SUPORT THIS THREAD ABOUT ANIMAL MOUNTS!
Animal Mounts in the cartel market

lucotas
02.10.2013 , 09:25 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Caid_Baraka View Post
Giving people the option to pick the warzone they want would lead to stacked decks for certain warzones (huttball) and longer queues. On the other hand, giving us the option to pick one warzone NOT to queue into would probably have a minimal effect.
i am talking about choose 1 wz or more than 1 (maybe all of them lol)
Working on my english.

Stenrik
02.10.2013 , 10:05 PM | #14
I would also be worried about a "polarized faction" thing arising in PUGs.

Example: Even if if the Republic perceives that the Empire usually wins Voidstar, the Rep's "good players" will just decide not to play Voidstar. After all, they won't gear/level up as quickly if they think they have a better chance of losing. As a result, it this would CAUSE the Republic to lose Voidstar more for sure. And it would get worse and worse.
And if the Republic's "better players" all decided to queue for Alderaan and Novarre instead, then the Empire's better players would decided not to queue for those as much because it's so much easier for them to just win with the other ones, and it would just compound.

lucotas
02.10.2013 , 10:18 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Stenrik View Post
I would also be worried about a "polarized faction" thing arising in PUGs.

Example: Even if if the Republic perceives that the Empire usually wins Voidstar, the Rep's "good players" will just decide not to play Voidstar. After all, they won't gear/level up as quickly if they think they have a better chance of losing. As a result, it this would CAUSE the Republic to lose Voidstar more for sure. And it would get worse and worse.
And if the Republic's "better players" all decided to queue for Alderaan and Novarre instead, then the Empire's better players would decided not to queue for those as much because it's so much easier for them to just win with the other ones, and it would just compound.
sorry but that makes no sense. where have you seen that in other game?
Working on my english.

TommyDe
02.10.2013 , 11:23 PM | #16

I second this. A part of me would like to pick, but it wouldn't be worth the cost.

I could easily see something like Mass Effect 3's multiplayer happen where entire strategies are built around 1 map and 1 map only (white/geth/gold anyone?) to the point where only that map is popular.

Plus if some classes are having trouble getting into ranked game before when you can't plan around 1 map, imagine what it would be after.

If I really want/don't want to play one map on a certain night I'll have a rule where I can leave at the beginning of a WZ as long as its there's at least 1:30 till it starts. I don't mind doing it this way.

Knockerz
02.10.2013 , 11:40 PM | #17
If they allow people to choose the warzone they want to play, we would all be stuck playing Alderaan all the time... Reminds me of Counter-Strike, because the majority only liked Dust that was the map that were stuck playing like 80% of the time.... it sucked.. So no to allowing players to choose...
Dust and Dust2 were great. I see no problem with the majority of players playing one or two maps most of the time.

If it becomes a problem like one faction only playing one side I would just get rid of faction and mix reps and imps in matches. Thus, completely eliminating the problem.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Stenrik
02.11.2013 , 12:33 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by lucotas View Post
sorry but that makes no sense. where have you seen that in other game?
I haven't. This is the first game where I really followed/participated in instanced PVP. I'm just trying to think it through based on other, similar player behavior. The same "if-you-can't-beat-'em,-join-'em" attitude.
I still think it makes sense, though possibly only for lowbie PVP. Why? Because obviously if someone queues for a warzone that their faction has a history of winning, then their queues would be longer since they have to wait for enough scrubs to join the opposing team. What might just end up happening would be lots of same faction warzones if the balance gets too bad.

I'm only speculating. Note the use of "I think."

Monoth
02.11.2013 , 01:06 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
Dust and Dust2 were great. I see no problem with the majority of players playing one or two maps most of the time.

If it becomes a problem like one faction only playing one side I would just get rid of faction and mix reps and imps in matches. Thus, completely eliminating the problem.
Ok lets say for example, 60% of the pvp player base will only play Alderann, 15% Novare Coast, 15% Hutball, 5% like's Void Star and 5% Hypergate , that means the 5% who try queing up for Voidstar or Hypergate could have wait 2-3 hours to get a pop.... 1-2 hrs for a hutball or Novare Coast match.... now these people will get sick of the waiting and quit warzones meaning SWTOR just lost 40% of their pvp player base....

Of course those #'s are just an example, but i'm sure you see what i'm getting at.

Also putting Imperials and Republic players on the same team will never happen....

As for Counter-Strike, that was one of the main reason I quit playing that game was because I was bored of playing the same couple maps all the time
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

lucotas
02.11.2013 , 01:20 AM | #20
this is nto counter strike. this is a mmo
Working on my english.