Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unicorn Stampede Superque Stalemate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Unicorn Stampede Superque Stalemate

totherkins
02.15.2013 , 03:24 AM | #41
Yea vas and that's the issue with the bubble hybrid your heals output is still pretty beastly 800-1k+ range and you can pretty much make all melee dps want to throw their keyboard out the window it's overpowered and it makes pretty much every sorc and sage run it since its an easier spec and helps out your team A LOT to OP atm does that mean sages and sorcs shouldn't use it? Nope, ufortunately we have lots of people that love to see consistent 6k crits aka smash spec aka "oooo shiny" spec. BW is doing a decent job for the most part though in balancing issues and what not hopefully 2.0 or earlier makes a lot more people happy rather than upset.
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

Carter_Mathis
02.15.2013 , 07:57 AM | #42
I wouldn't say bubble spec is necessarily easier than full salv. If a bubble sage blows more than 2 of his cooldowns at any time while trying to get away, I know that I can kill him. However, I'd bet that a bubble sage can kill any scrapper as long as he only uses the appropriate escape at the perfect time. I think of it kinda like a healing sentinel, you have a lot of tricks, but if you're too bad to know how to use them, you die.
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Partygurl
02.15.2013 , 11:31 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
I wouldn't say bubble spec is necessarily easier than full salv. If a bubble sage blows more than 2 of his cooldowns at any time while trying to get away, I know that I can kill him. However, I'd bet that a bubble sage can kill any scrapper as long as he only uses the appropriate escape at the perfect time. I think of it kinda like a healing sentinel, you have a lot of tricks, but if you're too bad to know how to use them, you die.
Vasyel bubble stun are for noobs! Sheesh who would use it? Come on! anyways, I agree it can be harder healing as single target bubble stun because you do not have your salv to save multiple people at once. It is all about placement and even if you are stun bubble you should still not face tank... I see some sages who do that and I ../face palm. Honestly I was always salv/reviv all the time also and it helps your team where you can survive longer than trying to have high numbers. It also helps reduce incoming damage. But each to their own. Also stun bubble healer can still do good heals for output. But this is just my thought on this
Prime-Defense
Post Mortem-DUH

foxmob
02.15.2013 , 03:26 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Partygurl View Post
Vasyel bubble stun are for noobs! Sheesh who would use it? Come on! anyways, I agree it can be harder healing as single target bubble stun because you do not have your salv to save multiple people at once. It is all about placement and even if you are stun bubble you should still not face tank... I see some sages who do that and I ../face palm. Honestly I was always salv/reviv all the time also and it helps your team where you can survive longer than trying to have high numbers. It also helps reduce incoming damage. But each to their own. Also stun bubble healer can still do good heals for output. But this is just my thought on this
you sure they aren't just rooted or full lightning spec?
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

SuarezCarrol
02.15.2013 , 04:05 PM | #45
Ive played both specs extensively and, in my opinion, the numbers youll put out are pretty close no matter which sorc spec you play. In ranked, especially against good teams,, you arent going to be able to drop your aoe heal on a significant group of people because no one wants to stack up and get smashed. On top of that, people tend to interupt the aoe more often than not. You tend to have more time to cast as bubble stun so it makes up for the 6-8% healing that you are missing out on and the aoe heal. I did ranked about a month ago with combatmedic. He picked my pub sage and his guildmate, xeosage. We swapped specs each match so that we would always have 1 aoe and 1 bubble. Our healing was near identical each match.
{} Klinsmann {} Agger {} Hyppia {}

UNCENSORED

Cowflab
02.17.2013 , 10:19 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
I have recently become a tank on my jug and can tell the good healers from the bad. You sir sound ignorant.

If you are one of those who think face tanking works as a healer, you are wrong. It pains me (literally) to guard a healer who is standing in front of the door in VS while defending. You may have a guard on you, but, guess what? I die first .

I spam AoE snares, utilize my AoE mez when i know the situation is getting hairy, and taunt DPS off Cool down.

On a lighter note, well done simple! I would love to see you flashing around that IBG guild tag every once and a while .
I have guarded HER many a time and she is far from ignorant. She does a great job staying out of the fray if it is possible. I saw nothing in that post that would imply any of the accusations you threw out in your post. It was moreso stating the obvious than anything else.

What ever happened to civil disagreement in the course of normal conversation?
"I fear no evil. The shadow is mine and so is the valley."

-Seal of Honor

SuarezCarrol
02.17.2013 , 10:55 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
The ability to hide behind a computer screen of course. Nothing new here.
{} Klinsmann {} Agger {} Hyppia {}

UNCENSORED

Krayshawn
02.18.2013 , 01:03 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
I have guarded HER many a time and she is far from ignorant. She does a great job staying out of the fray if it is possible. I saw nothing in that post that would imply any of the accusations you threw out in your post. It was moreso stating the obvious than anything else.

My post was in defense of simple, especially due to the lack of a signature at the time, I redact my comment; it was primarily directed toward the notion that someone was belittling simple with out owning up to who they were.
The Krayshawn Legacy:
Krayshawn - Vanguard El'Diablo - 29/12/0 Jug
Mufasa, GM : <Hakuna Matata> - Jedi Covenant

RxRobo
02.18.2013 , 01:24 AM | #49
Sabbrina isn't hiding who she is.

If you click on her forum avatar it shows exactly who she is!

"ELE"...Jackie Moon
Raab Jugg
B'oss Sage

Chaotic Pixels J.C.

Partygurl
02.18.2013 , 10:18 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by RxRobo View Post
Sabbrina isn't hiding who she is.

If you click on her forum avatar it shows exactly who she is!

"ELE"...Jackie Moon
Who is Sabrina? Never seen them heal before in pvp. Are they mainly a pve healer?
Prime-Defense
Post Mortem-DUH