Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lucasarts/Disney announce new Star Wars films! Good or bad ideas?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Lucasarts/Disney announce new Star Wars films! Good or bad ideas?

LeonBraun
02.06.2013 , 10:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Katano View Post
People who keep mentioning Mickey mouse and such obviously don't know much about Disney, they are responsible for the following movies:

Pulp Fiction
Pirates of the Carribbean series
John Carter
Prince of Perisa: Sands in Time
TRON
Chronicles of Narnia movies
National Treasure
The Three Musketeers

and many more that have nothing to do with the classic "Disney is animated, Disney is for kids" Micky mouse& Tinkerbell. They are perfectly capable of making serious movies. Action,drama,adventure,comedy,kids,romance, suspense. They can do it and i think they will do fine with Starwars.
They also did the sic-fi "The Black Hole" which to this day is still a friggin' fun movie to watch, and definitely had lots of good action, dramatic, scary moments in the film... Not to mention a very cool musical score =)
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan

kevlarto
02.06.2013 , 11:08 PM | #22
As a Star Wars fan, I am thrilled, to be getting new Star Wars, I enjoyed all 6 movies, I watch the Clone wars animated show, seen Star Wars in Concert, own a few things Star Wars, played almost every Star Wars game ever made, I think Disney will do a good job, as they have shown they know how to make good action movies. This is my opnion only, but I have enjoyed Star Wars since I seen a New Hope at the drive in, on opening day in May 25th 1977, There was a time when Star Wars really did rule the universe.
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

Vitas
02.06.2013 , 11:22 PM | #23
Like with what they did in SWG, the SWTOR devs could release some new content which coincides with the films. Maybe a world which is featured in one of them or a mission chain which serves as a background to a event or object which is presented there.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

TheNegotiator
02.07.2013 , 12:03 AM | #24
Mark Hammil/Carrie Fisher are supposed to have significant roles in episodes 7-9 so that in itself is a good enough reason to make them.

Emned
02.07.2013 , 12:48 AM | #25
I'm curious as well what Disney is going to do with the new movies. It can't get much worse than Ep 2 anyway. And with some of the old actors already saying they would be willing to star in the movies it could be great.

lucotas
02.07.2013 , 01:35 AM | #26
you mean Lucasfilm, there is a different between lucasfilm (movies, tv shows...) and lucasarts (games)
Working on my english.
PLEASE SUPORT THIS THREAD ABOUT ANIMAL MOUNTS!
Animal Mounts in the cartel market

Vigilanis
02.07.2013 , 03:11 AM | #27
Well we get more Star Wars films, that is all that matters....Really hope it focuses on the 'Legacy Of The Force' novel series from the expanded universe, would love to see that on the big screen!
The Legend of Vigi

Vigilanis Level 60 Shadow - Vengalis Level 60 Sage -O'Phelia Level 60 Seer
Nepheru Level 60 Sentinel - Phallanx Level 60 Vanguard - Ric'in Level 60 Gunslinger

grombrinda
02.07.2013 , 05:11 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Desolaytore View Post
Rather have peter jackson.
Or...Or....Tim Burton!!!!

No i am just kidding!!!!
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

Kalfear
02.07.2013 , 05:22 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel-Jordal View Post
http://starwars.com/news/new-spinoff...rs-galaxy.html

What do you think of this?
Was it a mistake to sell Star wars to Disney?
Will we see master Mickey and darth Donald in a Star wars movie?
Dont see anything wrong,
Why? Disney has put out some amazing movies and Id expect no less from them for Star Wars franchise. And if you read who are inked to direct the spin offs, Disney is NOT grabbing bottom feeders to do quick hack jobs of the films.

Yeah cause Donald and Mickey are the only franchises Disney have so have to be in everything

Listen, Lucas hurt this franchise with his kid friendly pandering in the lastest trilogy
So Disney could do no worse
But based on John Carter of Mars, Pirates of Carribean franchise, and more, they can do much much much better

Disney will always be about kids and Mickey and Donald first and formost.
But that doesnt mean they dont do darker more adult stuff as well
Yeah you will probably never see Chewie rip someones arm off and beat them to death with it under Disneys guideing light.
But you were not going to see that from Lucas either
and frankly we dont really need it.

If Disney projects return Star Wars to the style of Episodes 4 and 5

This long time fan will be a happy happy camper!
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

jgelling
02.07.2013 , 05:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
Dont see anything wrong,
Why? Disney has put out some amazing movies and Id expect no less from them for Star Wars franchise. And if you read who are inked to direct the spin offs, Disney is NOT grabbing bottom feeders to do quick hack jobs of the films.

Yeah cause Donald and Mickey are the only franchises Disney have so have to be in everything

Listen, Lucas hurt this franchise with his kid friendly pandering in the lastest trilogy
So Disney could do no worse
But based on John Carter of Mars, Pirates of Carribean franchise, and more, they can do much much much better

Disney will always be about kids and Mickey and Donald first and formost.
But that doesnt mean they dont do darker more adult stuff as well
Yeah you will probably never see Chewie rip someones arm off and beat them to death with it under Disneys guideing light.
But you were not going to see that from Lucas either
and frankly we dont really need it.

If Disney projects return Star Wars to the style of Episodes 4 and 5

This long time fan will be a happy happy camper!
Kalfear is right.

Say what you will, but Disney has almost always been very good at appealing to both kids and adults at the same time. They don't always make the best business decisions, but there's a tradition of quality there that LucasArts got away from decades ago.