Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lucasarts/Disney announce new Star Wars films! Good or bad ideas?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Lucasarts/Disney announce new Star Wars films! Good or bad ideas?

DarthVitrial
02.06.2013 , 06:49 PM | #11
Honestly, I much prefer spinoff, character-specific films to full sequel (VII, VIII, IX...) films. Sequels are likely to cause a lot of problems for the EU, while spinoffs will just expand it. Just my feelings.

Sentinel-Jordal
02.06.2013 , 07:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
They could make a new movie with an animated Mickey Mouse and it would still be less stupid than Jar Jar.
Lol that's true
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 60
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

Sentinel-Jordal
02.06.2013 , 07:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Katano View Post
People who keep mentioning Mickey mouse and such obviously don't know much about Disney, they are responsible for the following movies:

Pulp Fiction
Pirates of the Carribbean series
John Carter
Prince of Perisa: Sands in Time
TRON
Chronicles of Narnia movies
National Treasure
The Three Musketeers

and many more that have nothing to do with the classic "Disney is animated, Disney is for kids" Micky mouse& Tinkerbell. They are perfectly capable of making serious movies. Action,drama,adventure,comedy,kids,romance, suspense. They can do it and i think they will do fine with Starwars.
Hehe you're right
But just admit you want as much as me to see Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck have a lightsaber battle
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 60
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

chuixupu
02.06.2013 , 07:25 PM | #14
I still want my Thrawn movie, darnit.

Unfortunately we'll probably have a Jar-Jar movie before that ever happens.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Taleek
02.06.2013 , 07:37 PM | #15
Sounds good to me.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

odonoghuet
02.06.2013 , 08:11 PM | #16
IF anyone has the potential to do it right, Disney and JJ Abrams have proven they "can". They can also screw it up.

What gets me is why EA is sitting on its hands. Thier biggest named MMO and RPG set in the franchise that will only get bigger as a market over the next two years yet they are not showing reinvestment to expand this game to take advantage of that.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

AshenK
02.06.2013 , 08:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
IF anyone has the potential to do it right, Disney and JJ Abrams have proven they "can". They can also screw it up.

What gets me is why EA is sitting on its hands. Thier biggest named MMO and RPG set in the franchise that will only get bigger as a market over the next two years yet they are not showing reinvestment to expand this game to take advantage of that.
This pile will be shut down LONG before the new movies come out. If Disney is smart they will hit Raph Koster up for him to do a new Star Wars MMO.

jgelling
02.06.2013 , 08:27 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post

Disney is nothing if not masters of ancillary merchandising.

You can expect them to accompany the launch of a new film with action figures, DVD re-releases, a fast-food tie in, and yes, a slew of new video games set around the movie.

I'd think SWTOR's setting of "a long time before a long time ago" with characters dead for thousands of years would have a lot less stock compared to the events surrounding the New Republic.

So basically, yeah, I'd think SWTOR isn't going to be helped by the movies when they come out, which is still a long time away. The game barely survived its first year. It may be in maintenance mode in 3 years.

If Disney judges the MMO market to be viable for them, expect them to launch a SWTNR game - and we can be damn sure they won't be putting that project in the hands of EA or BW after how they handled SWTOR.

Katano
02.06.2013 , 09:26 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel-Jordal View Post
Hehe you're right
But just admit you want as much as me to see Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck have a lightsaber battle
Throw in Goofy as a Sith Lord and i'm in

Jonoku
02.06.2013 , 09:40 PM | #20
I'm going to the movies to see 7,8,9 regardless how bad or how good the quality will be for the movies.