Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wiki

DuntaCoral
02.06.2013 , 02:03 PM | #1
Hello all,

So I was looking through the Master Crafter section and saw that someone thought a Wiki would be the best option to keep that particular part of our Server going. I have laid the ground work on getting those up and am working with the former OP of the Master Crafter section to do that. My question for you all is this...

Quote:
Should we open the wiki to more then just master crafters?
By this I mostly mean letting guilds make pages for themselves, and clearing a lot of the clutter on our boards from that. Could also keep up our Raid Progressions as well, and just streamline a lot of the processes we have here.

Just looking for thoughts on it before I share the Wiki out (Still not fully ready for viewing yet sry). Even if you have other thoughts on how to utilize the tech in other ways.

-Ev/Dunta

-Edit-

The Wiki is now open!
Come check it out, add your input and lets get this started off. To ensure new players to the server can find their way to the wiki, every time you edit feel free to post on this forum to keep the topic up top! Thanks to everyone in advance who hopefully will help make this a critical part of our Server Community.

http://swtorshadowlands.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
“The mind can weave itself warmly in the cocoon of its own thoughts, and dwell a hermit anywhere.” -Selonian Proverb
- Dunta Coral (Seer) JvS See You In Hell
-Ev'an (Sawbones)V-Squad

CaptianFordo
02.06.2013 , 02:06 PM | #2
I'd be open to supporting this, I think it's a very good idea.

+1 supporter

hyperdragon
02.06.2013 , 03:40 PM | #3
Just an idea: you could prolly put a page of links to various streams in this server.

Other ideas come to mind but I doubt they'd be used at all.

I'd love to see us have a wiki though!

Windfox
02.06.2013 , 06:32 PM | #4
Can't wait for the Crafting part of this wiki

Kytea
02.06.2013 , 09:33 PM | #5
Great idea
It's not impossible. It's just improbable.

DuntaCoral
02.06.2013 , 11:25 PM | #6
Alright, well here is the Wiki that I made. It is still very much bare bones since I don't have a lot on there and am working on the coding for the crafters. Please feel free to add comments, make statements, add pictures, just all around make it look pretty. Also feel free to throw your Guild up there and give them their own page to help get the word out.

Just to keep this up at the top of the server, every time you make an edit how about we post here, that will ensure we get the flow needed to keep the wiki up and running.

Without further adieu

“The mind can weave itself warmly in the cocoon of its own thoughts, and dwell a hermit anywhere.” -Selonian Proverb
-Ev'an (Sawbones)V-Squad

Xiij
02.06.2013 , 11:50 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DuntaCoral View Post
Alright, well here is the Wiki that I made. It is still very much bare bones since I don't have a lot on there and am working on the coding for the crafters. Please feel free to add comments, make statements, add pictures, just all around make it look pretty. Also feel free to throw your Guild up there and give them their own page to help get the word out.

Just to keep this up at the top of the server, every time you make an edit how about we post here, that will ensure we get the flow needed to keep the wiki up and running.

Without further adieu

Hey glad you decided to go with a wiki. Easily the best thing for the crafting and the guild information. If you don't mind, I'm going to take a look at the wiki this weekend and try to help format the wiki a bit better (I know its just in infancy right now, but the sooner it's organized the easier it is to maintain).

But most importantly, bravo to taking on such an endeavor as to create the wiki for the server. *golf clap*

Now to find out if people will use it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiij View Post
[W]e really shouldn't feed trolls. They are like stray cats. Once you feed them once they come back. When you continue to feed them, they grow in numbers.

DuntaCoral
02.07.2013 , 12:09 AM | #8
Thank a lot for the support! I know a little about how to use and set one up from past experience but I would love any help I can get. Also a shout out to whoever was the original idea wo/man on this, since I saw it in a previous forum.

Also I have the first 2 sections of Crafting done so check them out and tell me how they look. Unfortunately the code is different from SWTOR forum code so I have had to make some changes but it still appears to be functional.

-Ev/Dunta
-Ev'an (Sawbones)V-Squad

Darevsool
02.07.2013 , 08:21 AM | #9
I added my armstech toon's name for adv skill barrel 27. Using the template you had for that category I created an entry in cybertech for adv skill armoring 27.

Is the intention of this list to keep it to the 27's only, or is it expanded to 26's as well?

"Endgame" schematics are a relatively new thing to me here.

DuntaCoral
02.07.2013 , 09:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darevsool View Post
I added my armstech toon's name for adv skill barrel 27. Using the template you had for that category I created an entry in cybertech for adv skill armoring 27.

Is the intention of this list to keep it to the 27's only, or is it expanded to 26's as well?

"Endgame" schematics are a relatively new thing to me here.
26's as well. Blackhole level stuff just in case people are looking for it. Also are you Republic or Empire just so we can seperate.
-Ev'an (Sawbones)V-Squad