Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 "Stand Alone" character Star Wars films announced!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
2 "Stand Alone" character Star Wars films announced!

Leonick
02.08.2013 , 08:10 AM | #21
Well, if they are to do spin-off movies I certainly wouldn't mind something in the spirit of the Agent of the Empire comics, that is, spy thriller or 'James Bond meats Star Wars'.

Seems likely they'd plan to do a spinoff with some minor character from the new trilogy or possibly just go with an older already established character. Would be easier I supposed.
My Characters on the Progenitor
Raiah - Jedi Consular (Sage), Nesalia - Smuggler (Scoundrel)
Guild: The Kestrel Minority

SmugglersLuck
02.08.2013 , 12:01 PM | #22
I'm thinking an Avengers-style story where heroes from the Republic and the Empire come together to face an epic threat, like a Sith with an immense power who's gone rogue. Have engrossing characters, a tight plot and lots of explosions. Instant money maker.
Darth Zumiya
The Keeper of Light Walker of Dreams

Diablo_Cow
02.08.2013 , 03:08 PM | #23
I'd like to see a movie on what happens to the clones after the Clone War, in between the trilogies, and what happens to them during the Galactic Civil War. I feel there has been enough content (Republic Commando, TCW, Battlefront games, and books) to make the clones into individual and memorable characters. But bring plagued by rapid aging, I'd also want the clone story to represent the story of all clones.

DAWUSS
02.08.2013 , 04:53 PM | #24
If they're going to do standalone films, I hope they branch out beyond the time period between 50BBY and 50ABY.

Darth_Precursor
02.08.2013 , 06:03 PM | #25
Bane Trilogy, please.
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

wargonglok
02.08.2013 , 08:32 PM | #26
what we probably will have
young han solo + Chewie
yong boba

what i want
boba fett
rogue squadron
new jedi order
somehting to do with thrawn
splinter of minds eye

what i dont want

yoda movie. jabba movie, any movie based on an alien will flop/be bad
Sniper, 'nough said

Bird_of_Thunder
02.08.2013 , 10:14 PM | #27
spy thriller in Star Wars? YES PLEASE!!!

also I would like to see Thrawn Trilogy or Bane Trilogy if not a Star Wars spy-thriller.

Spy-thrillers are awesome. I LOVE James Bond series.
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Brent-Starkiller
02.09.2013 , 11:10 AM | #28
James Bond meats Star Wars?... Yoda movie??.... jabba movie??
/major facepalm
-spy movie really? come on. i really don't think i need to explain why this would be bad for star wars.
-Yoda really, doing any movie on yoda would diminish the mystery of his life even more, But GL has already ruined all of Yoda's wise sayings from Empire in ep. 2. oh and thanks for the **** cartoons. bet the toy sales went up!
-jabba, you people really want to explore this mob boss and his indolence? WHILE speaking Huttese the whole movie? wait i think i know why.... you Fett fan boys just want to see him in the movie!, haha i see what you did there. you sneaky Fett fans.

what i want, what 1,2, and 3 never had, i know that's asking alot. and what 4, 5, 6, had. wouldn't really want to see old characters, maybe a few but only under the right conditions... i.e if their already dead don't bring them back. no poop jokes and talking rabbits, or any other racial stereotypes that was all over the prequels. also i wish they would take their time writing the movies and making them i can wait i don't want to see them come out in one year, oh and try making the movies with NO GREEN SCREEN.

Jeffor
02.11.2013 , 01:20 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroOneNine View Post
Star Wars Holiday Special 2: Jar-Jar Binks Saves Life-Day on Endor with Singing Ewoks
Corrected to add awesomeness.
LotRO: Jeffaman/Lilnooblet/Jeffrandir/Cephus-Brandywine Server
SWG: Cephus/Herodotus Tchuck'Tchuck'aachoo-Ahazi Server (At one with the force)
SWTOR: Cephus TchukTchukAchoo-Jedi Sentinel-The Swiftsure Server
Farewell SWG Gone but not forgotten S238

AHierophant
02.14.2013 , 10:37 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
I doubt it will be about any character or story that has already been written, but rather something entirely new that fits the action in the new movies, rather than the existing extended universe.

Of the things listed a re-appearance of Boba Fet seems most unlikely. As far as the movies were concerned, Boba Fet fell into the Sarlacc and that's it. That he survived it and cut himself free out of the belly of the dragon is an EU thing, but I don't think that they really have to succumb to recycling already defeated villains to make up a good story - doing so is actually a pretty cheap trick of the trade.

The most likely thing is that a newly introduced character that only appears briefly in Star Wars 7. Like in the matrix video games that take place between Matrix 2 and 3, Ghost and Niobe were the protaginists.

As to what I wish for - that is hard to say. Not another adventure movie maybe. Something that toys with the concept of the Force and its implication, but maybe is rather a detective movie. Or a drama of a falling knight. Maybe something that is not so heavy with action.

Or it may be the story of a war ship or so (recently seen "Das Boot" and "The Caine Mutiny" again - I like those). Action, but darker and limited to a very confined space....

However, it should have a smaller scope, not this gigantic, galactic spanning plot, but, compared to the actual Star Movies present a "small picture".
Boba Fett is a tremendous hinge character. I mean, without him, Jaina doesn't learn how to fight so Darth Caedus (her brother Jacen) can counter her, which likely means she loses. He has a tremendous impact on the Yuuzhan Vong by leading Mandalore during the invasion. If what you want happens, then the entire EU would likely need to be ejected. Boba Fett, being dead, doesn't challenge Han Solo and allow him to live, so Solo doesn't straighten up and court Leia, the Solo children are not born, end of EU. It really is as simple as that.

Whatever the new movies are, you can bet your bottom dollar they won't stray from established characters. Myself, I would be okay with Hier to the Empire, even though that is extremely unlikely. I would dearly love a focus on Rogue Squandron, particularly the Bacta Wars and Isard, with leading roles for Wedge Antilles and Tycho Clechu, but there won't be enough Force **** for mainstream audiences.
Looking to rer-roll from your graveyard to a healthy PvE-East Server?

Try Juyo!