Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando changes link here

Furiel
02.05.2013 , 08:59 AM | #2
My initial impressions is that we're actually going to get worse come RotHC if this is accurate and I'm reading this right...

5% nerf to DR hurts our already long-windup burst, so that hurts us for PvP and PvE.
Increase to GR max damage and but reducing the min damage means the damage will be more variable, but depending on how much the min and max change could just end up being a wash.
Reserve round being gone I assume means reserve power cell is gone, which is another nerf that means I know I will be rarely using plasma grenade because the ammo cost will be too prohibitive usually.
The couple defensive CDs and the shrap satchel slow look like they will bring some nice utility and finally give us some increased suvivability in WZs, which is needed.

Overall we got increased survivability and WZ utility, but it cost us DPS, and if you look through the JK changes it's just a long list of damage buffs and increased in focus gain for them... So now I'm worried because it's looking like the changes have us starting to lag behind in the damage department and we still aren't fixed for PvP. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not optimistic.
Furiel Plush
Cardinal and Raid Coordinator of The Church of Alvis

PanzerJagdhund
02.05.2013 , 09:31 AM | #3
Commandos - Gunnery
new ability: advance the line (no idea what it does)
- curious to see what this could possibly result in. Most likely the very top of the Gunnery Tree. Could be a support ability like the Sents Inspiration.

new ability: charge net - modifies some stat by 2%
-interesting. maybe some form of damage stat increase, but 2% kinda seems low for that.

new ability: decoy abosorbs next incoming direct force or tech attack (lasts 6 sec)
-a defensive ability put into decoy...pretty good.

5% dmg nerf on demolition round
-thanks BioAustin, because we really needed another damage nerf

Damage on grav round - minimum damage reduced, maximum damage increased (more rng)
-so our GR has a high chance to do less damage, but also a high chance to do more damage, I am game.

reserve round is gone
-not sure if this was supposed to be reserve power cell, or it is a new ability. Hopefully it isn't reserve powercell.

new one: overclock - Reduces casting time (i think) by 7.5/15% depending on rank
-One thing we do not need is increased cast time. I hope this is wrong and instead increases damage output, as since it is called Overclock, it most likely involves using our generator to increase something.

another defensive cd - reflexive shield - abosrobs dmg (6secs)
-Hmmm. So we now how 2 shields...

that's it for gunnery, some other abilities are tagged as changed but i can't spot the cahnge (could be just animation or something like that)
-If there are more changes, I am both scared and curious as to what BioAustin has for the future of the Commando. Just need to wait and see.
<Redemption> (Republic) on The Shadowlands
Totenhelfen - Assault Mando Totenkrieger - Assault Vanguard
Focus/Vig Guardian - Sharpshooter Slinger - Scrapper Scoundrel
Proud Alpha tester of the Parsec Combat Parser for SWTOR

ArchangelLBC
02.05.2013 , 09:49 AM | #4
I'm hoping that the change to Reserve Round is they're taking the cooldown reduction away from the tree rather than just removing the ability altogether, because that ability is pretty crucial for proper ammo management (I more or less use it on cooldown with Full Auto)

A 5% nerf to Demo Round is absolutely horrible. I hate you so much bioware and hope everyone involved with class balance dies a slow and unnatural death.

Reducing of Cast time talent may be the reason for the nerf to DR damage since a 15% reduction in the cast time of Grav Round would be very very significant when it comes to looking at overall DPS, but then I start seriously worrying about ammo issues.

Diversion absorbing one Force/Tech attack is kind of crap.

Reflexive Shield absorbing all damage (if we're understanding it right) for 6 seconds is pretty nice though. I like that. If it only absorbs a set amount of damage and the effect only lasts 6 seconds though that's kind of meh.

Advance the Line could be VERY good depending on what it is. I know what I hope it is. We'll see if its enough to make up for a nerf to Demo Round (seriously BW die in a fire all of you).

The trooper unclassified stuff could be potentially interesting but we need more info.

I'm shocked there aren't sorc changes.

Focus Sents got a huge nerf if zen no longer gives full stacks of singularity, but otherwise the spec seems to have been hugely redesigned and I'm not sure yet if that's good or bad.

Nothing exactly blowing up my skirts BW, and any kind of damage nerf to us at this point should be considered a war crime.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Danapa
02.05.2013 , 10:03 AM | #5
this is reserve round so dont worry http://www.torhead.com/ability/aZUes4K/reserve-round

Furiel
02.05.2013 , 10:28 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Danapa View Post
this is reserve round so dont worry http://www.torhead.com/ability/aZUes4K/reserve-round
Well I'm not AS worried now, but it's still a nerf. The loss of the CD reduction on the CC is a mild annoyance but easy to work around. Adding 30 sec to the CD on reserve power cell though is an ammo management nerf. A mild one, but still, it's another nerf to a class that was already barely keeping up...
Furiel Plush

Gyronamics
02.05.2013 , 11:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by PanzerJagdhund View Post
new one: overclock - Reduces casting time (i think) by 7.5/15% depending on rank
-One thing we do not need is increased cast time. I hope this is wrong and instead increases damage output, as since it is called Overclock, it most likely involves using our generator to increase something.
Overclocking is increasing the rate something works at.

Making casts channel faster would be logical. Increases damage by getting the casts off in less time.

There are issues with casting faster on a limited energy regen range but that's a different matter.
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE

Furiel
02.05.2013 , 12:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post

Making casts channel faster would be logical. Increases damage by getting the casts off in less time.

There are issues with casting faster on a limited energy regen range but that's a different matter.
My gut tells me it's FA. Not sure why but with the change they made to pulse cannon as well something tells me Overclock is going to be a talent to reduce the channel time of FA. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It would give us a bit more mobility, but it seems like alot of these changes are going to have a negative effect on our ammo regen/maintenance as well.
Furiel Plush

nbayer
02.05.2013 , 12:07 PM | #9
I don't think we should make any judgements of the changes based on datamining. Use it to get a general idea of where changes will likely occur but wait until you can actually try it before deciding if it's a nerf or buff.

ArchangelLBC
02.05.2013 , 03:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post

This is my concern as well. The DR nerf may be because of the increased damage potential from 15% faster firing grav rounds, but you can only cast so much given the ammo and I worry that in practice the net result will be a big old nerf.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd