Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patcher stuck at 56%

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tiandrah
02.04.2013 , 10:09 AM | #1
Getting really sick of this issue. I left the game because of my school load last year, and wanted to come back now, but now I can't even get the newest patch to go through. Constantly gets stuck at 56% no matter what.

Patch folder...deleted
Launcher...deleted
Launcher settings...deleted
Launcher reloaded...done

Nothing I have read anywhere on the forums has worked and I am getting ZERO response from anyone to try to get this issue fixed. It almost seems like BioWare/EA has little interest in helping players and nothing but interest in getting money from us for every little thing they can think of. I dare someone to prove to me otherwise though.

Beesodd
02.04.2013 , 10:20 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello tiandrah,

Which assets is freezing? Does it stall while downloading the patch or installing?

Also, just to try something, please try moving the game folder to the desktop, run the setup file to "reinstall" there, and see if that gets any further.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Tiandrah
02.04.2013 , 03:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hello tiandrah,

Which assets is freezing? Does it stall while downloading the patch or installing?

Also, just to try something, please try moving the game folder to the desktop, run the setup file to "reinstall" there, and see if that gets any further.

Thanks.
It freezes at "Installing Main Assets 101" every single time. Will try moving to desktop to see if that fixes it....but not holding my breath.

Tiandrah
02.04.2013 , 05:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hello tiandrah,

Thanks.
Well....tried both of your suggestions, and now I am stuck at "downloading Main Assets 1". Should I just wipe the game off my system and reinstall it from my CD at this point and pray that somehow it works properly then? Getting rather tired of this not working.

Bronholz
02.04.2013 , 05:54 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Tiandrah,

Thanks for trying those

Please try starting your computer in Safe Mode with Networking to see if this will help it progress.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

MikeTheDuke
02.04.2013 , 09:25 PM | #6
Am curious, do you use, SWTOR unleashed? I had problems patching when I used that because it seems to create shortcuts into the RAM disk that it creates for the game.

If you are, switch the SWTOR unleased back to retail which will remove the shortcuts and then try and patch again.

If you aren't then don't know, I hope you can get it running again.
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube

Tiandrah
02.04.2013 , 11:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeTheDuke View Post
Am curious, do you use, SWTOR unleashed? I had problems patching when I used that because it seems to create shortcuts into the RAM disk that it creates for the game.

If you are, switch the SWTOR unleased back to retail which will remove the shortcuts and then try and patch again.

If you aren't then don't know, I hope you can get it running again.
Ok....not to sound like a total nubsausage here, but what is SWTOR unleashed? I've only used the retail CD installation for SWTOR. I've never heard of unleashed before.

Although now I am running into a new issue. I deleted SWTOR from my system and did a clean reinstall. Now I am stuck at "Installing English Assets 101 (0%)" and haven't moved from there for over 6 hours. Apparently the game no longer loves me. Nothing has worked, including trying it in safe mode.

OwenBrooks
02.05.2013 , 12:53 AM | #8
If using disks to install, after main install is done it is best to download the setup and run it over the top and select restore. www.swtor.com/download

If it fails ensure no patch folder exists when the launcher is closed including any folders marked patch 1-63 and similar etc.

Hope this helps.

Tiandrah
02.05.2013 , 05:28 PM | #9
Ok....did a fresh install from the CD, still messed up patching. Ran the SWTOR_setup download and used the repair tool on it which finally worked. I can get in and see all my characters now.

But that's all.

Now, after I pick a toon to log in on, I get the loading screen, it gets to about 20% and then crashes and goes to the desktop. No error log or anything pops up. Just POOF!

Way beyond irritated now.

MikeTheDuke
02.05.2013 , 05:34 PM | #10
Well I can say if you are asking what SWTOR unleased is, then you aren't using it.
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube