Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Point of Cartel Titles?

Estelindis
02.01.2013 , 01:34 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
well in a vernacular - its a bounty hunter that catches accused of crime, who posted a bail using bail bonds service, and then didn't show up for court date - skipping it. so you are literally tracing a skip.

one of my bounty hunters is most likely will be spotting that title, just because
Oh thank you! I had visions of some prized diamond necklace ending up in a skip - in a large bin / garbage container - and people hunting all over for that valuable skip. Your version makes a lot more sense.

Eurynamous
02.01.2013 , 02:21 PM | #12
It's another way to display your digital bling to everybody. You have a cartel title, which cost you either cash or a large portion of in-game credits. It's a bit of a reflection on how titles became purchasable in our history, abandoning the idea of earning it and rising throug the ranks.

There is nothing wrong with it, just an interesting observation.
The Red Zone
Amadus Starcrusher
I will take your light, force you into darkness and give you true freedom and power

DiabloDoom
02.01.2013 , 02:24 PM | #13
I got The Cartel Collector or something. I don't use any titles anyway though.

AshlaBoga
02.01.2013 , 02:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Eurynamous View Post
It's a bit of a reflection on how titles became purchasable in our history, abandoning the idea of earning it and rising through the ranks.

There is somethingwrong with it.
I fixed your post for you.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

demotivator
02.01.2013 , 02:50 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Is there a point to Cartel titles other than parting us from our CCs?

Stuff like "The Blockade Runner" or "The Skip Tracer" doesn't make me want to buy it - it makes me wonder why people do buy it. The people I've asked say they do it for completion (they have all the other titles or are working on them) but couldn't they just get all the non-CM titles?

There's something tacky about titles you bought, feels too much like real life
The whole title thing is kinda useless and it's a shame. I like collecting stuffs, such as titles, you know for show-off. But since there is no way for people to actually see the other titles you have acquired, it's pointless. Except for gear there's no way to show your achievement to the world in this game.

I miss my badges from SWG and the whole Collection deal.
Randomizing your forums.

Eurynamous
02.01.2013 , 03:31 PM | #16
I fixed your post for you.
Lol, thanks!
The Red Zone
Amadus Starcrusher
I will take your light, force you into darkness and give you true freedom and power

Urael
02.01.2013 , 03:34 PM | #17
Is there a point to Cartel titles other than parting us from our CCs?
No. Self branding for being foolish enough to play with gambling boxes.

AshlaBoga
02.01.2013 , 03:49 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
No. Self branding for being foolish enough to play with gambling boxes.
So it's a good way to identify the people with more credits/CCs than sense? In that case, kudos to BW for making it easy to know who to avoid.

/thread
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

ElitehunterDS
02.01.2013 , 03:52 PM | #19
So it's a good way to identify the people with more credits/CCs than sense? In that case, kudos to BW for making it easy to know who to avoid.

/thread
Most titles sells under 100k, if you think thats a lot of credits you might want to start playing the game lol.
Havent used my CC since the initial starter boost we get in November, its not worth it when i can buy everything on the GTN.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

BrianDavion
02.01.2013 , 03:56 PM | #20
you'd avoid people simply because they may have (or may not the titles sell pretty cheap) bought a cartel pack?

wow shallow much?