Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Point of Cartel Titles?

AshlaBoga
02.01.2013 , 11:47 AM | #1
Is there a point to Cartel titles other than parting us from our CCs?

Stuff like "The Blockade Runner" or "The Skip Tracer" doesn't make me want to buy it - it makes me wonder why people do buy it. The people I've asked say they do it for completion (they have all the other titles or are working on them) but couldn't they just get all the non-CM titles?

There's something tacky about titles you bought, feels too much like real life
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Rankyn
02.01.2013 , 11:50 AM | #2
Not everybody plays the game the way that you do.

Some people like to collect all things that are collectible.
This is an item for them.

Icestar
02.01.2013 , 12:02 PM | #3
I have bought lots of those packs but not for the titles.

However I have activated the "crime lord" titles that dropped on some of my characters though.

The other titles collect dust in the bank

Caelith
02.01.2013 , 12:07 PM | #4
The titles seem good for smugglers.
The siege of Coruscant was in fact brought to an end after the republic agreed to give the Empire a Shrubbery, one that looked nice and wasn't too expensive.

Izorii
02.01.2013 , 12:14 PM | #5
My guess is they are junk to fill up the packs. If the packs only had good things people would stop buying them when they got what they want. However fill them with junk and a few gems and people will keep buying them.

SnoggyMack
02.01.2013 , 12:32 PM | #6
Can't you just buy the titles for credits on the GTN anyways and not waste your own cartel coins on them?
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

Caelith
02.01.2013 , 12:34 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
My guess is they are junk to fill up the packs. If the packs only had good things people would stop buying them when they got what they want. However fill them with junk and a few gems and people will keep buying them.
This ^

They bait you in with the prospect of a big win.
The siege of Coruscant was in fact brought to an end after the republic agreed to give the Empire a Shrubbery, one that looked nice and wasn't too expensive.

Thundergulch
02.01.2013 , 12:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Is there a point to Cartel titles other than parting us from our CCs?
Fluff? Filler? Some people are completionists and like to collect every title in the game.
That's my guess.

Estelindis
02.01.2013 , 12:56 PM | #9
I'm not entirely sure what a skip tracer is even supposed to be.

Jeweledleah
02.01.2013 , 01:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
I'm not entirely sure what a skip tracer is even supposed to be.
well in a vernacular - its a bounty hunter that catches accused of crime, who posted a bail using bail bonds service, and then didn't show up for court date - skipping it. so you are literally tracing a skip.

one of my bounty hunters is most likely will be spotting that title, just because

but in general, the point of titles is fun. but I doubt anyone buys cartel packs specifically for titles.