Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark Charge Needs a Change / Buff!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Dark Charge Needs a Change / Buff!

Grumpftard
02.02.2013 , 01:24 PM | #41
Apparently I have ****** luck or bad RNG or something. The healing relic doesn't proc all that much for me. But compared to the alternatives, it still gets it's fair share of use from me. About the only fight I swap it out on is on Keph.
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc

Berronaxftw
02.02.2013 , 08:49 PM | #42
Very interesting replies guys, thurough and informative i look forward to reading more

ckoneful
02.03.2013 , 08:58 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Grumpftard View Post
Apparently I have ****** luck or bad RNG or something. The healing relic doesn't proc all that much for me. But compared to the alternatives, it still gets it's fair share of use from me. About the only fight I swap it out on is on Keph.
It procs off of Combat Technique heals IIRC as well, you must have terrible RNG for it not to be decent. It's pretty much 10% minimum of my self healing over the course of a fight generally.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

Griad
02.05.2013 , 07:15 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Get the Dread Guard healing relic. It works wonders as a Shadow/Assassin tank and is our best relic overall.
This.

My HPS have gone from around 200hps to around 300-350hps which is quite alot more healing again as it is a proc it will be different from fight to fight but it is a very nice boost to your general survival
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

JP_Legatus
02.07.2013 , 04:04 AM | #45
Dark charge is fine as it is. Please do not touch it.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

Grumpftard
02.07.2013 , 10:36 AM | #46
UPDATE: last night we decided to mess with DT @10 stacks and after looking at those logs.... The healing relic was sitting at just over 12% of my heals. So apparently I just haven't paid enough attention to it or it's proc'ing more than the buff bar graphic would suggest. 12% is pretty damn good and looks to be on par with what others are saying.
This just proves that the only issue was I need to quit slacking on my log reviews.
RNG is still a ***** though
TORVA NEX! (The Site) (The Video)
"You don't have to say more than that!!"
Grumpf =Tankasin / G'rumpf =Mara / Gru'mpf =Jugg / Grum'pf =P-Tech
Grump'f =Shadow / G'rump'f =Scoundrel / Gr'umpf =Operative / Jei'Dahl =Merc

Omophorus
02.07.2013 , 03:53 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Grumpftard View Post
UPDATE: last night we decided to mess with DT @10 stacks and after looking at those logs.... The healing relic was sitting at just over 12% of my heals. So apparently I just haven't paid enough attention to it or it's proc'ing more than the buff bar graphic would suggest. 12% is pretty damn good and looks to be on par with what others are saying.
This just proves that the only issue was I need to quit slacking on my log reviews.
RNG is still a ***** though
Truth.

The animation frequently fails to play, but it nearly always procs to the CD.

And whilst the HPS it provides isn't *massive*, if compared to DTPS, it has more impact than any other relic it could be replaced with.

And most importantly of all, Assassins need to not slack on log reviews! We have the most reliance on active mitigation. We have the most reliance on self-healing. Figuring out what we're doing wrong or could do more right on both fronts to reduce HPS requirements is part of our job as tanks.
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

ElitehunterDS
02.07.2013 , 04:54 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
In my opinion Assassin Tanks should be focused more around self healing than basic forms of mitigation, so taking a nerf in other aspects in trade for a healing buff would be great i think
It would probably be fine for pve, but horribly OP for pvp, like 6-8 month ago.

Tanking sin are doing fine in good hands.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Rynis
02.07.2013 , 05:59 PM | #49
The only thing I think DC needs is the heal needs to be a percent.

In the next tier or two of gear the tiny heal it gives now will be obsolete. So now or later it'll have to be adjusted
<Poos>

Philelectric
02.07.2013 , 06:05 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
In my opinion the healing provided by dark charge is absolutely pathetic.. i have a few ideas for some changes.

1). Increase the healing it provides by 300%.

2). Remove the cooldown on the effect.

3). Change it so that instead of it healing a set amount it now heals you for 3% of your maximum health.

4). Change it so that it now heals for 2% of all damage you deal for 2 seconds every 6 seconds.

5). Change the talent Swelling Shadows so that it now increases healing provided by dark charge by 150/300%.

Well those are my ideas for it, some may be overpowered but i do believe they need to make one of the changes above.

What's your thoughts on this idea? or do you have any ideas of your own?
Dude...Dark charge have been nerfed in the past because it was too strong and It was not the half of the buff you ask. The nerf was needed at this time and Dark charge is fine.

I'm sorry but the problem is not Dark charge. The problem is behing the keyboard. I'm an assassin and the nerf we got on dark charge in the past was needed.

If its a troll 8/10
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.