Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does Dark Side Corruption Make Sense?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Does Dark Side Corruption Make Sense?

Spetulhu
02.02.2013 , 06:43 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tattari View Post
I will disagree with you on thing: Not every darkside option in the game is considered "evil" and not every lightside option is considered "good."
Still, I've found that quite a lot of the Dark Side options for Imperials is making people suffer or die because you can, not because it's necessary. Imperial LS is often more about what's good for the Empire than individuals and would actually net you DS points if it was a Republic choice.

AlexDougherty
02.03.2013 , 05:12 AM | #12
There is plenty of evidence in the StarWars universe of DarkSide corruption, on various planets area's rich in the DarkSide of the force have mutated plants and animals into stronger more vicious versions of themselves. The Sith Pureblood's colour is not affected because their ancestors were mutated by the DDarkside, and their red colouring might be an inherited Darkside mutation, and so would just get reinforced rather than altered.

However the Darkside corruption in agents and bountyhunters makes no sense, they have no force ability, so their being Evil would not induce any corruption.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

SithKoriandr
02.03.2013 , 09:59 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
There is plenty of evidence in the StarWars universe of DarkSide corruption, on various planets area's rich in the DarkSide of the force have mutated plants and animals into stronger more vicious versions of themselves. The Sith Pureblood's colour is not affected because their ancestors were mutated by the DDarkside, and their red colouring might be an inherited Darkside mutation, and so would just get reinforced rather than altered.

However the Darkside corruption in agents and bountyhunters makes no sense, they have no force ability, so their being Evil would not induce any corruption.
Agreed. I wonder that about the non force using classes, maybe the idea is that the non-force using classes have some force sensitive abilities, which get backed up by Legacy Abilities. Just a thought.