Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was dual spec never added?

LodSock
01.30.2013 , 05:22 PM | #11
I don't think their coders are competent enough to code it into the game. aha!

myolinyr
01.30.2013 , 05:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SnoggyMack View Post
Apparently you were away from the game for awhile. Hence why you'd even ask the questions you did. So, have you tried the legacy respec? Do you even know how it works? Your complaint about dual spec is so 2011. The game and the playerbase have moved on from that. Why haven't you?
sounds like he's just crying to cry. obviously dual spec wasn't added and if he played the game for more than 3 seconds instead of running here to cry under the guise of asking a question, he would have known the answer.

mattjgibson
01.30.2013 , 05:47 PM | #13
Legacy perk: Field Respecialization
And respeccing is free for subscribers.

Basically, subscribers can have whatever spec they want at any time for no credit cost. It'd be nice if we could save hotbar layouts, though.
The Galaxy Legacy: Cargo Kazeon Aventail
Jeddit Sithit - The Shadowlands (US)

AshlaBoga
01.30.2013 , 05:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by mattjgibson View Post
Basically, subscribers can have whatever spec they want at any time for no credit cost. It'd be nice if we could save hotbar layouts, though.
Yeah, after the 10th time I've swapped between heals and dps I've gotten real fast and putting my skills in the slots I prefer, but the first couple times it took me 2 minutes to redo my UI to my liking. Still, since it falls under quality of life I don't think we're going to see this anytime soon.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

chuixupu
01.30.2013 , 05:58 PM | #15
Instead of Dual Spec they added two things:

1- FREE respec cost for subscribers.
2- A summonable respec person through your legacy.

So, for absolutely free, you can swap your spec at will.
It's actually not a "summonable respec person".

It's just a button on your talent tree that you push and it resets it.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SnoggyMack
01.30.2013 , 06:12 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
It was a legitimate question and it's not unreasonable to think they might have fixed this situation after a year.
They did fix the situation. They just didn't use the solution you wanted them to use. Check back in another year and see if they added a DPS parser to the UI?
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

UltimateKrucible
01.30.2013 , 06:20 PM | #17
So many things were promised ... but now those claims lie as dust in the ruins of once-mighty edifice, shifted only by the blowing whispers of the wind ..... '

'what happened to ....' .... 'what happened to....' those whispers seem to say. But it is just the wind.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

DirgeZombie
01.30.2013 , 09:54 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
You seriously think that's the same as dual spec? Oh well, it's not surprising this wasn't done really.
I guess what it boils down to is I'm just not as slow and lazy as you are. As I have no issue with swapping out a few abilities and all my gear in under a minute.

Xenaul
01.30.2013 , 10:25 PM | #19
They did fix the situation. They just didn't use the solution you wanted them to use. Check back in another year and see if they added a DPS parser to the UI?
That is not "fixing" the situation that improving it. This "solutions" is about half way to where it should be. The other half is not having to reconfigure 30 buttons whenever you change the spec, but having the game remember them, just like it remembers Interface profiles. It is not unreasonable request.

Drudenfusz
01.31.2013 , 12:00 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LodSock View Post
I don't think their coders are competent enough to code it into the game. aha!
And if they would try it it would surely just mess up many things.

I would like to have a true multispec, so that I just switch without having to spend everytime all the points anew. Sure, the legacy respec and the respecing for free as a subscriber are nice, but BioWare could have done more or better.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version