Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was dual spec never added?

jgelling
01.30.2013 , 04:56 PM | #1
Google doesn't seem to be helping me here.

Dual spec was supposed to be in 1.2, then 1.3, then 1.4 - was it ever added or are there plans to ever add dual spec?

renoxodus
01.30.2013 , 04:58 PM | #2
It was never added and I don't recall them ever saying it would be.

Links please.

jgelling
01.30.2013 , 05:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by renoxodus View Post
It was never added and I don't recall them ever saying it would be.

Links please.
http://www.gamefront.com/swtor-1-2-u...-legacy-races/

That's actually very surprising they never added dual spec in a game like this. What a pain to reconfigure talent trees.

SnoggyMack
01.30.2013 , 05:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
Google doesn't seem to be helping me here.

Dual spec was supposed to be in 1.2, then 1.3, then 1.4 - was it ever added or are there plans to ever add dual spec?
Instead of Dual Spec they added two things:

1- FREE respec cost for subscribers.
2- A summonable respec person through your legacy.

So, for absolutely free, you can swap your spec at will.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

DirgeZombie
01.30.2013 , 05:01 PM | #5
It was never added and isn't needed. Everyone has the option to unlock the ability to respec at any time.

jgelling
01.30.2013 , 05:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DirgeZombie View Post
It was never added and isn't needed. Everyone has the option to unlock the ability to respec at any time.
You seriously think that's the same as dual spec? Oh well, it's not surprising this wasn't done really.

Manifoldgodhead
01.30.2013 , 05:08 PM | #7
The Legacy field respec almost allows dual/any spec. What we need is a gear swap system and a way to save our keybindings/hotbar setups.
ITS THE FUTURE

jgelling
01.30.2013 , 05:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Manifoldgodhead View Post
The Legacy field respec almost allows dual/any spec. What we need is a gear swap system and a way to save our keybindings/hotbar setups.
Well yeah, which is what a dual spec does - saves your build, saves your bindings and quickbars. Redoing all that manually every time you want to switch from DPS to heal and back is silly.

SnoggyMack
01.30.2013 , 05:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
You seriously think that's the same as dual spec? Oh well, it's not surprising this wasn't done really.
Apparently you were away from the game for awhile. Hence why you'd even ask the questions you did. So, have you tried the legacy respec? Do you even know how it works? Your complaint about dual spec is so 2011. The game and the playerbase have moved on from that. Why haven't you?
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

jgelling
01.30.2013 , 05:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SnoggyMack View Post
Apparently you were away from the game for awhile. Hence why you'd even ask the questions you did. So, have you tried the legacy respec? Do you even know how it works? Your complaint about dual spec is so 2011. The game and the playerbase have moved on from that. Why haven't you?
"We've learned to accept mediocrity and broken promises." Whatever dude. It was a legitimate question and it's not unreasonable to think they might have fixed this situation after a year.