Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please Remove Tank, DPS and Heal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please Remove Tank, DPS and Heal

CrazyOldMystic's Avatar


CrazyOldMystic
02.04.2013 , 10:43 PM | #181
I can not believe some one brought this bad idea/post back up. Like the poster above me pointed out, removing the trinity, does not change human nature. On average people do not want to work, do not want to work with other people, and certainly do not want to apply thought to what they are doing. This attitude in the gaming world has only gotten worse. The problem is no dev team, no gaming company can change who people are. Going with the ops idea will only turn every class into, as I said before, a generic boring class.

EpicBloood's Avatar


EpicBloood
02.04.2013 , 11:02 PM | #182
This is the stupidest thing I have read in my entire life.
basically comes down to this:
"I am tired of having to work, try, and think during fights. I want to be able to run into a fight push some buttons and get rewarded. Please make the game easier so that people like me can get gear without having to be a skilled player."

Zangaboing's Avatar


Zangaboing
02.05.2013 , 02:18 AM | #183
I wont even bother reading the first post, not even going to argue about whether the holy trinity is good or bad for mmos... I only want to say one thing to the OP:

You're asking for the dps / tank / healer roles to be removed from the game. In other words a complete rewrite of the game's combat mechanics (gear included) and possibly the need to modify every single boss encounter... You're asking this from developers that waited for at least 1 full year to fix the infamous "Companion lightsaber bug" and havent touched the skill trees to fix PvP and PvE balance for, what... 6 months at least?

Can i have some of what you're smoking please?

CaptRavenous's Avatar


CaptRavenous
02.05.2013 , 02:32 AM | #184
That''s right!

Keep whipping that dead horse!

While we're all here, let's all talk about how old and tired it is that Bioware made us play this game on the old school PC.

GET WITH THE TIMES, BIOWARE!!!

You SHOULD have released this MMO on the iphone / ipad / video-watch / PS10!

FREAKIN' DINOSAURS!!!

Seriously, this thread still exists?
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

Atlanis's Avatar


Atlanis
02.05.2013 , 02:57 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by ShatteredVision View Post
Go play GW2 if you're so interested in this. Oh wait, that game is boring as hell after a couple of weeks.

The trinity works fine for this game. QQ somewhere else.
Go play ****** GW2^^
Watchman Sentinel 2011- 2015 "Murdered by Devplaque"
Vigilance Guardian 2015 -

"Expect Flame, Hate and unreasonable Posts"

well's Avatar


well
02.05.2013 , 03:16 AM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Manifoldgodhead View Post
If you meet an ******e, he's just an ******e. But if everyone you meet is an ******e, then your the ******e.
That is very poetic.Two thumbs up

amnie's Avatar


amnie
02.05.2013 , 07:43 AM | #187
it's funny how I look at it exaclty the opposite.


I too was never a fan of the 'holy trinity'


HOWEVER

I am a huge fan of having MORE set roles.


I'm a huge fan of being forced to have more than three roles a must in a raid


I want raids that need:

tank
offtank
group-healer
single-target-healer
buffer/resource-management
melee who also takes care of dots and similar effects
ranged dps

most of these things are already obsolete because some game (...) decided to get rid of it and give us the holy trinity instead, and you want it even more easy-mode? ugh.


am I the only one who also sorely misses the times where you had to run around with 3-4 different sets of gear just for endgame pve content for one role because you needed different elemental dmg/resistances?



the holy triniy is what works best. the 'old system' with the supporter role is no longer 'in', most people are turned off by it...

but as latest game developements have shown no set roles isn't working, either. you can't have a 'serious' MMO where everyone is just a dps turning into the hulk 'smash smash smash'. if I wanted to play a marauder, I would...

SOULCASTER's Avatar


SOULCASTER
02.05.2013 , 09:16 AM | #188
In no way shape or form can you really delete the trinity. And I'm not just talking for PVE. Im talking for PvP. If you got rid of tanking healing and dps and just meshed it into every class, it would just turn into each class having 1 viable build. PERIOD. Where they have a mix of dps, heals and tankiness.

You simply can't delete the trinity, now matter how old or boring it is. Besides, I think this game does a nice job of mixing Tanks + DPS builds together and Heals + DPS builds together, as well as offering the straight tank, dps or healer.

I also happen to like healing, which few do. But I do realize the OP is correct in saying that literally 90% of an MMO community just wants to dps their face off and doesn't care at all about survivability or healing. But the other 10% of us do, and we like our group roles. The other 90% of face rollers only are able to do what they do becasue of the 10% healing and protecting them.
Pot5 & now the Shadowlands
Live Stream @ twitch.tv/CidxPvP
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
(5x) Season 1 All-Star Season 2 All-Star Season 3 Furious All-Star

thomasbaxter's Avatar


thomasbaxter
02.05.2013 , 09:22 AM | #189
You need some variety. There's a lot of bad players out there and the roles are a way of sorta making sure they don't f**k up lol

jasonthelamb's Avatar


jasonthelamb
02.05.2013 , 10:22 AM | #190
Quote: Originally Posted by ShatteredVision View Post
Go play GW2 if you're so interested in this. Oh wait, that game is boring as hell after a couple of weeks.

The trinity works fine for this game. QQ somewhere else.
EXACTLY what I was going to say.

MMOs need the "roles" to play or else it just gets boring, believe it or not some people like to heal, tank, and DPS.

2/3 of my original TOR guild left to go play GW2 and they all like 'AHAHHAHA SWTOR NUBS C U LAYTA," two months later they're a guild on WoW because GW2 was boring.