Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sokee
01.30.2013 , 09:12 PM | #801
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
All the info posted points to an issue outside of biowares control, there wording was poor in their response.
I'm still going with a BW employee pee'd on something he shouldn't have!

SpankyOTG
01.30.2013 , 09:16 PM | #802
Just started having this problem tonight 1-30-2013. Played every night for the last couple weeks with no issues. Tonight, I can log in, run around for about 1-2 minutes and then my latency meter starts climbing, getting to huge numbers before giving me the X and then switches to a load screen forever.

Shadowlands
ISP: Comcast

East Coast Servers (my guild is on this server, but typically 90-95ms latency)

Tracert:
Spoiler

PathPing:
Spoiler

Please fix this. TY!
Spanky
Live to play, play to live.
The Old Timers Guild
Laid Back, Not Too Serious, No Drama..... All About The Fun!

OwenBrooks
01.30.2013 , 09:20 PM | #803
Quote: Originally Posted by SpankyOTG View Post
Just started having this problem tonight 1-30-2013. Played every night for the last couple weeks with no issues. Tonight, I can log in, run around for about 1-2 minutes and then my latency meter starts climbing, getting to huge numbers before giving me the X and then switches to a load screen forever.
.as6453.net [66.198.144.50] likely here or on the reverse path but something appears to be happening as the results are getting better.

lordmazley
01.30.2013 , 09:23 PM | #804
still going up and down

and no BW it is not our ISP issues...it is your end so stop saying it is

lobstah_rofls
01.30.2013 , 09:25 PM | #805
.as6453.net [66.198.144.50] likely here or on the reverse path but something appears to be happening as the results are getting better.
I forgot to delete my local IPs out of my original post, and you quoted it before I could edit it out. So please go back and remove that info if you would.

your post is #676

and wouldn't it be nice if this forum had basic PM capability...or does it and I'm just missing it?

evilmikewwe
01.30.2013 , 09:28 PM | #806
played for few hours on bastion no problems so far

OwenBrooks
01.30.2013 , 09:37 PM | #807
Quote: Originally Posted by lobstah_rofls View Post
I forgot to delete my local IPs out of my original post, and you quoted it before I could edit it out. So please go back and remove that info if you would.

your post is #676

and wouldn't it be nice if this forum had basic PM capability...or does it and I'm just missing it?
Done, and yes you can PM at the top of the page with a pull down

SenaZane
01.30.2013 , 09:38 PM | #808
Ugh I really hope they fixed it and I need to see if its just my account or something at this point since someone who lives with me isn't having these issues and was using the same computer as I was earlier. I don't even know what to tell my ISP if I call them since I can not even tell if it really IS an ISP issue. I don't know the first thing about servers and stuff like this but here is what I do know.
FACTS:
-On Ebon Hawk and Prophecy of the 5 (east coast) I incur lag spikes occasionally which while they are annoying don't affect too much of my game play. The thing affecting it is the random boot you to a loading screen that loads nothing.
-Friends with Charter, Time Warner and Comcast all incur the lag spikes and random boot to loading screen which essentially crashes the game.
-I have spent the evening leveling a toon on Harbinger (a west coast server) and have not experienced ANY of the issues I have on the East Coast Servers

OTHER MATTERS:
-I am not sure but I would assume that they don't house the east and west coast servers in different places so how do I get the issue and one and not the other?
-Its obviously not just a Comcast thing because Charter is unaffiliated with them I believe
-My guild master uses a small and not very well known ISP and was fine so it COULD be an ISP issue for all I know.

RESOLUTIONS:
-After a friend refreshed his IP it worked just fine for him so try it maybe?
-At the time of this post someone else who play swtor in my home (same server ISP and same computer I was on earlier so same IP as well) had no issues for 10 minutes so maybe they fixed it... I wont pretend to know yet.

lobstah_rofls
01.30.2013 , 09:40 PM | #809
Done, and yes you can PM at the top of the page with a pull down

Excellent, thanks man.

lordmazley
01.30.2013 , 09:46 PM | #810
Quote: Originally Posted by SenaZane View Post
Ugh I really hope they fixed it and I need to see if its just my account or something at this point since someone who lives with me isn't having these issues and was using the same computer as I was earlier. I don't even know what to tell my ISP if I call them since I can not even tell if it really IS an ISP issue. I don't know the first thing about servers and stuff like this but here is what I do know.
FACTS:
-On Ebon Hawk and Prophecy of the 5 (east coast) I incur lag spikes occasionally which while they are annoying don't affect too much of my game play. The thing affecting it is the random boot you to a loading screen that loads nothing.
-Friends with Charter, Time Warner and Comcast all incur the lag spikes and random boot to loading screen which essentially crashes the game.
-I have spent the evening leveling a toon on Harbinger (a west coast server) and have not experienced ANY of the issues I have on the East Coast Servers

OTHER MATTERS:
-I am not sure but I would assume that they don't house the east and west coast servers in different places so how do I get the issue and one and not the other?
-Its obviously not just a Comcast thing because Charter is unaffiliated with them I believe
-My guild master uses a small and not very well known ISP and was fine so it COULD be an ISP issue for all I know.

RESOLUTIONS:
-After a friend refreshed his IP it worked just fine for him so try it maybe?
-At the time of this post someone else who play swtor in my home (same server ISP and same computer I was on earlier so same IP as well) had no issues for 10 minutes so maybe they fixed it... I wont pretend to know yet.
I just refreshed my IP i'll let you know if that works for me.