Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
OK Bioware, what's with the lag and crashes??

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Agelmar
01.30.2013 , 04:06 PM | #301
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
I've looked through many of the tracert's people have posted, and the only common thread is alter.net, which shows up as the domain of the last few stops before your servers. That seems the most likely location of the problem.
Yep. I blame Assburn Virginia where this is located. Boo!

This also allows us to blame another large company with historically awful customer service... Verizon!

Stealthfire
01.30.2013 , 04:07 PM | #302
Server: Shadowlands
ISP: Comcast

Spoiler

Spoiler

Lu-Wan
01.30.2013 , 04:09 PM | #303
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Thanks for your patience.

From looking at the information that has been provided the issue appears to be related to how you are being routed to our servers, this is why those of you who are connected to the European servers are currently not experiencing the same issue.

We would strongly advise you to contact your ISP so that they can also investigate the root of the issue from their end.

Thank you.
Alright, I'm going to say what no one else will. I'm sure some of you are thinking it, but don't want to say it, so I will:

Just how thorough, Bioware, have you guys been with banning hackers/cheaters? Is it possible that one or more of them is lashing out by introducing a bug into the servers that overloads everyone's VPN with information and then forces a shut down? I am saying this because after going through all the steps of the cleaning process and resets, I logged on using my VPN blocker (this enables by VPN to become hidden to that it looks like I'm logging in from somewhere else). I have logged in using this program before and it's not practical because it lags very badly, however it was able to maintain my connection to the servers. I know it sounds crazy, but I would take it into great consideration that someone you have banned may be trying to get "payback" against you by forcing the player's computers to shut down the game, via bad routing. I know it sounds pathetic of someone to do, and it really is, but more importantly, it's possible and something that I hope you all are taking into consideration.

I would also like to point out that when I tried to submit and ingame help ticket, I was unable to do so. Not sure if it's connected in anyway, but thought you should know.
What if Firefly and Star Wars had a kid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvmHI4Snjgc

Priiest
01.30.2013 , 04:14 PM | #304
Quote: Originally Posted by Lu-Wan View Post
Alright, I'm going to say what no one else will. I'm sure some of you are thinking it, but don't want to say it, so I will:

Just how thorough, Bioware, have you guys been with banning hackers/cheaters? Is it possible that one or more of them is lashing out by introducing a bug into the servers that overloads everyone's VPN with information and then forces a shut down? I am saying this because after going through all the steps of the cleaning process and resets, I logged on using my VPN blocker (this enables by VPN to become hidden to that it looks like I'm logging in from somewhere else). I have logged in using this program before and it's not practical because it lags very badly, however it was able to maintain my connection to the servers. I know it sounds crazy, but I would take it into great consideration that someone you have banned may be trying to get "payback" against you by forcing the player's computers to shut down the game, via bad routing. I know it sounds pathetic of someone to do, and it really is, but more importantly, it's possible and something that I hope you all are taking into consideration.

I would also like to point out that when I tried to submit and ingame help ticket, I was unable to do so. Not sure if it's connected in anyway, but thought you should know.
That wouldn't be practical as the "Hacker" would have to a tunnel / backdoor inside each server to cause a remote disconnect. More than likely it's comcast's fault (Charter = Comcast) , from what I understand from contacting the ISP they are performing Net Code Maintenance. Which may cause random disconnects and bad routing issues.

monsewer
01.30.2013 , 04:14 PM | #305
I think this is an issue with AlterNet.

In the link below, traffic flows in from the right first row of pings down to the second row (green arrow.) You'll see the first hop of 64.86.123.46 is fine, but the next AlterNet hop of 152.63.40.62 stops responding and all the pings downstream of that stop as well.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...aptureihf.png/

Evastard
01.30.2013 , 04:16 PM | #306
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post

There's a few details that I'd like you to provide us with.
  • Server
  • ISP
Comcast
Savannah, GA USA

snazzmasterj
01.30.2013 , 04:17 PM | #307
Prophecy of the Five
Comcast
Richmond, Indiana, USA

JoeBlank
01.30.2013 , 04:19 PM | #308
Prophecy of the Five
Bell Canada
Ontario

Traceroute:

Spoiler

Pathping:
Spoiler

Phyltr
01.30.2013 , 04:19 PM | #309
Quote: Originally Posted by Lu-Wan View Post

You've watched too many TV shows.

RythD
01.30.2013 , 04:20 PM | #310
Server: Prophecy of the Five
ISP: Bell Canada

After being logged in 2-3 minutes, game goes to a loading screen where it stays in perpetuity at about 1/6 progress.
I've tried about 5 times.

Please fix.
Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion.