Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When you are playing and you Disconnect = Feature of the Game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
When you are playing and you Disconnect = Feature of the Game?

Count_Midnite
01.29.2013 , 10:26 PM | #1
Honestly, I have had this happen over a month now. I'm doing a WZ or even an Operation and it just kicks me to desktop screen. My hardware can run it, it's just after a wonky patch I am starting to get booted to desktop very frequently. Am I the only one who is experiencing this? Can someone help me fix it? I'm just tired of getting DCed from Ranked WZs/Operations. Thanks.

iPvP
01.29.2013 , 10:49 PM | #2
been happening to me aswell, my game just stops than closes its self
P h y t z - C a r r i e s
@ Pot5
I Am Legend

Count_Midnite
01.29.2013 , 11:32 PM | #3
Well I'm reassured I am not the only one, still I'm sure Bioware does know about this issue, it's been going on for a while. It would be nice to pay my sub without having to disconnect at crucial moments. Such as a boss fight or rated WZ. I know my hardware can run the game properly, I even set my graphics at low just for good measure. I do feel that this should be addressed... It's kind of hindering to people and their gameplay experience.

fresnosmokey
01.29.2013 , 11:57 PM | #4
Happens to me as well, but very infrequently. The game just closes itself for no reason. But it only happens to me once a week or two, and thankfully it hasn't yet happened when I was doing something important. At first I thought it may have been my computer as it was a couple of years old and even with scans and sweeps sometimes you just get some hidden error that just won't go away, but I just got a new computer that I've had less than a week and it happened again just the other day.

CharonInferar
01.30.2013 , 01:56 AM | #5
You might wanna try the bcdedit method.
It helped very frequent DC issues for me. It would be welcome though, if this issue could be fixed from BW's side, because the memory leak might also deteriorate overall performance unnecessarily.
See also here:
http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...d.php?t=427820

Knockerz
01.30.2013 , 02:08 AM | #6
Only happens to me in long swtor sessions. I tend to go afk a lot so it's annoying when when the game suddenly shutdowns on me, especially after getting into a warzone that were are winning.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

DarkSaberMaster
01.30.2013 , 03:05 AM | #7
Yep. It is a game feature.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow)
D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
Referral link for free stuff

Stenrik
01.30.2013 , 03:21 AM | #8
It's a way to, um... like, help ensure the health of its users.
Advanced algorithms in the game code detect listlessness, sleepiness, and fluttering heart rate based on users' mouse movements, and shuts down in order to help induce healthy balance.

LordRahlik
01.30.2013 , 03:44 AM | #9
I have several computers who run the game and on some I have the problem, on some I don't.

This is the only conclusions I can draw:

1 - Have a 64-bit windows installed.
This is absolutely prio 1. You want to run on a 64-bit OS. If you have a 32-bit OS (Win XP or Vista/7 in 32-bit mode, win 8 is only 64-bit afaik) then try to upgrade. Will help.

2 - LOTS of internal memory.
Less than 8 gb means that you'll have to restart once every 1-2 hours for the game to fully function. 8-12 gb the game should work, but not run perfect at all times, more than 12 gb internal men = smooth sailing.
Now - people who know something about the client will say "Hey, it's a 32-bit client, it cannot use more than 2 gb internal mem anyway!! He's full of ****!" this is partially true. The game cannot USE more than 2 gb internal men, but it's coded so badly that it leaks memory quite a lot. This is the reason you want tons of internal memory.

If you have the chance to fix the two above then you should be golden.
If not - don't despair - BW is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it. They even have a thread up asking for help.
Societies in decline tend not to innovate. I just wish we had cellphones to report quests. Guess light speed tech and cell phone tech are mutually exclusive.
I know this image is supposed to be an insult, but it's not.
Two similar games and yet SW:ToR is so much better.

darklordpotter
01.30.2013 , 04:05 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_Midnite View Post
Honestly, I have had this happen over a month now. I'm doing a WZ or even an Operation and it just kicks me to desktop screen. My hardware can run it, it's just after a wonky patch I am starting to get booted to desktop very frequently. Am I the only one who is experiencing this? Can someone help me fix it? I'm just tired of getting DCed from Ranked WZs/Operations. Thanks.
It's a memory leak that is more obvious on 32 bit systems though it does get you on 64 bit as well it just takes longer. It was (re)introduced with 1.4 along with a whole load of other game breaking bugs and they seem either incapable or disinclined to fix it given it has been over 4 months. There is as pointed out a thread asking for information - it has been there since September and they haven't even posted in it since the original information request 11.01.2012.