Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unacceptable Customer Service.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unacceptable Customer Service.

Niaymh
01.29.2013 , 07:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by -GateKeeper- View Post
I started having issues paying for cartel coins. So I figured I would call customer service and get it sorted out. It probably wouldn't be such a huge deal. This is where the problems began. I called the number provided on the customer support page Here -> http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=489911
That link you put is a forum thread which hasn't been posted in since June last year, I don't know why you would expect up to date information from it :\

Phone numbers are here: http://www.swtor.com/support/form

Leonick
01.29.2013 , 08:04 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
Not buying it. I've read horror story after horror story about customer service ranging from this to five hour waits on the phone for them, yet I've never experienced any of it, nor has anyone that I know in game.

I've had no less then 18 tickets submitted, and two character restorations. All except the space missions (a known issue that had already been escalated and is now fixed) were resolved within 24 hours. One character restoration was done in 6 hours, on a Saturday, the other in four hours in the early AM.
I'm going have to say this has been my experience as well for the most part. I've never called them seeing as how it's not a local number and I know that most companies don't want you to call them (that's why phone support is always bad and with long waits). I've submitted several tickets and I've only gotten the automatic/pre-made answers for bug reports, for all actual issues I've either gotten proper written response or in several occasions a live chat just minutes after the ticket was submitted.
My Characters on the Progenitor
Raiah - Jedi Consular (Sage), Nesalia - Smuggler (Scoundrel)
Guild: The Kestrel Minority

Baalie
01.29.2013 , 09:17 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Prabhunath View Post
From my experience there's almost no point in contacting them via email, all you're going to get is an automated reply telling you that the problem is on your end, not theirs.

Been a loyal subscriber since March last year but I've almost given up now, just waiting for the new Elder Scrolls Online game and hoping that they would do what EA-inspired Bioware failed to do with an established franchise.
Only time I've had an automated response using that form was when I had an account problem, they replied to tell me to phone cust service, all other responses have been none automated answering my problem.
I've lost St. George in the Union Jack, it's my flag too and I want it BACK!!!

Fiction Zone - My Stories / Poems

KillMrTumble
01.29.2013 , 09:22 AM | #14
to be fair they answered me quick enough . I have no complaints

-GateKeeper-
01.29.2013 , 05:23 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Niaymh View Post
That link you put is a forum thread which hasn't been posted in since June last year, I don't know why you would expect up to date information from it :\

Phone numbers are here: http://www.swtor.com/support/form
Just wanted to say that your statement while true on that that post is old is still invalid as the number is still unlisted in their official FAQ. Hence the original reaction.

SWTOR FAQ with lack of current numbers. -> http://www.swtor.com/info/faq

Issues still unresolved. Will update post if it ever is. In the mean time thank you to anyone that's posted, as well as thank you to any that may post in the future.
"Two there should be. No more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
- Darth Bane to Zannah

Simbr
01.29.2013 , 05:25 PM | #16
The customer service isn't unacceptable because the customer service doesn't exist, there is no customer service on this game.

Propane
01.29.2013 , 05:54 PM | #17
2 weeks later, Bioware still has my money and I don't have my cartel coins

Monkeyskullz
01.29.2013 , 05:54 PM | #18
I reported a issue with the cartel coins on the 18th when my account renews, its the 29th and still nothing is being done, I understand that they might be abit swamped; however, if they want their loyal paying players to keep doing that, they truly need to do what they have to ti fix the issue, as well as offer a reason to stay.

Merovee
01.30.2013 , 12:36 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Leonick View Post
I'm going have to say this has been my experience as well for the most part. I've never called them seeing as how it's not a local number and I know that most companies don't want you to call them (that's why phone support is always bad and with long waits). I've submitted several tickets and I've only gotten the automatic/pre-made answers for bug reports, for all actual issues I've either gotten proper written response or in several occasions a live chat just minutes after the ticket was submitted.
Uh huh. Sure you did.

Blackardin
01.30.2013 , 06:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Uh huh. Sure you did.
Seems to be the biggest problem with customer service....hyperbole and conjecture in light of the facts. ;p
May the Schwartz be with you....