Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why is all the cool new gear cartel exclusive?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is all the cool new gear cartel exclusive?

DarkSaberMaster's Avatar


DarkSaberMaster
01.28.2013 , 11:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
if only there was a way to get Cartel Coins with out spending more money..... hmmm oh wait you can use your monthly alotment of CC on the items

OR

if only they allowed people to sell every item from the Cartel Market on the GTN... oh wait they do and people sell the armor pieces for in game credits.


so.... you don't have to spend a single dime
Yeeeahhhh. 500 CC a month when the armors costs 1440 per set. Great solution to wait 3 months to get what you would like. And for the people who are selling those on the market, they are buying them with their real money to sell them. Somebody is spending money to gain the items of the CM. So what is your point again?
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow) D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
The Jawa's Order
Referral link for free stuff

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
01.29.2013 , 12:30 AM | #22
There's a mistake in your title OP.

Do you actually think the new gear looks "cool?"

It's hideous. With the exception of the Valiant, Raider and Phantom sets. So 12/5 chestpieces are ugly as sin. That's not a good sign for the Cartel Market.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
01.29.2013 , 04:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSaberMaster View Post
Yeeeahhhh. 500 CC a month when the armors costs 1440 per set. Great solution to wait 3 months to get what you would like. And for the people who are selling those on the market, they are buying them with their real money to sell them. Somebody is spending money to gain the items of the CM. So what is your point again?
i get 700 a month but ok so whats your point? You have to wait? what's wrong with waiting? the point is if you want them right away you have to spend money for the convince.

are you sure they are buying it with real money? Maybe they are just better at saving their CC. Can you prove they used real money?

Also what difference does it make if they bought them and sold them? The point is YOU can get them with out spending real money.

MaximusRex's Avatar


MaximusRex
01.29.2013 , 04:36 AM | #24
What new content for new gear to drop in has been added since the Cartel Market has been added?

There will be new gear with new FP and OPS.

DarkSaberMaster's Avatar


DarkSaberMaster
01.29.2013 , 04:40 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
i get 700 a month but ok so whats your point? You have to wait? what's wrong with waiting? the point is if you want them right away you have to spend money for the convince.

are you sure they are buying it with real money? Maybe they are just better at saving their CC. Can you prove they used real money?

Also what difference does it make if they bought them and sold them? The point is YOU can get them with out spending real money.
The point is that all the good **** goes to the CM istead of from completing in-game content. That is the point. But I guess you wouldn't know what that means since all you and people like you care about is spending your dough instead of playing the game.

But it's cool. Us old schoolers, actual gamers, like to actually play the game for our rewards.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow) D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
The Jawa's Order
Referral link for free stuff

YeIIow's Avatar


YeIIow
01.29.2013 , 04:49 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
you must play on the republic side.

the empire side doesnt have that problem to such a large extent.
ehhh lol? most imperial end-game gear looks absurd, exeption is the IA one, and in some degree BH.... SW and SI looks freaking ugly.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now back to OP:

I do not mind they releasing cool stuff on CM, they do need to get money from somewhere, subscribers + CM income, allows the game to progress and stay alive.
i do hope however that they do some re-desing to the gear we have in-game right now + to any other gear that will be included in future expansions, since as i mentioned before, most end-game gear looks ridicoulous, and i quote:

Quote: Originally Posted by Sportiva View Post
You want a black robe with really really really really BIG shoulder pads right?

And you want other really really really really tacky extraneous stuff hanging off of your head and butt and other body areas, correct?

Cuz that's what all MMO players want.

There's no possible way that you would ever want anything simple and dignified, am I right or what.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Strict company policy dictates that any otherwise good-looking outfit has to have antennas, syringes, cables, blinkers, life retainers, pipes, massive shoulder pads, cylinders and/or random lights attached. Being one of the absolute iron laws of armour design it's not something they can just choose to ignore.
+ Male body models have a way to tinny waist and way too big chest + way to big booty(with some clothes) wich makes the gear look even worse than they actually are.

SO as long as they still release a few new clothes now and then with each expansions and re-model the ones we have right now a bitt, am all good with the CM, and aprove it as a nessesary evil. I spended 1000s of hours playing APB: Reloaded so am used to that kind of stuff, however i do have to say that at least there, ingame clothes still look quite decent, in comparison with here.
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Desolaytore's Avatar


Desolaytore
01.29.2013 , 04:54 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
On the positive side more gear and cool looking items will be introduced at a faster rate than before.
Yeah... for money.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

Desolaytore's Avatar


Desolaytore
01.29.2013 , 04:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSaberMaster View Post
The point is that all the good **** goes to the CM istead of from completing in-game content. That is the point. But I guess you wouldn't know what that means since all you and people like you care about is spending your dough instead of playing the game.

But it's cool. Us old schoolers, actual gamers, like to actually play the game for our rewards.
I remember a time when i had to grind **** for months to get that one rare item/set. Now I can just pay for it... why bother playing when I can just buy it and be done?

I miss grinding and all the hard work to get stuff -__-
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

YeIIow's Avatar


YeIIow
01.29.2013 , 05:04 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Desolaytore View Post
Yeah... for money.
u know, there is something called "EDIT" mind using it more often in stead of double posting? ty
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

DataBeaver's Avatar


DataBeaver
01.29.2013 , 05:09 AM | #30
Completing game content gets you powerful gear. Spending cartel coins gets you different looks that are otherwise not available. I'm fine with this. It's not like there's any shortage of gear available through mission rewards, crafting and flashpoints. If everyone else buys cartel armor sets, then my crafted armor will be that much more unique.