Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In regards to FP in RotHc

Petnil
01.28.2013 , 07:14 PM | #1
You sit down and want to do a nice FP and get slightly challenged and then itīs over in 15-20 min and offers no challenge whatsoever. Itīs allmost come to the point that i like bad groups when dooing a FP like Lost Island.

I know the trend is short FPīs and bypassing as much as possible so the FP ends up even shorter. That doesnīt mean i have to like it. People end up in highlevel gear too fast and the FP drops become obsolete. The FP ends up as a quick grind for 5 BH coms.

When RotHc comes out i hope they will do something to FPīs especially. Make them harder. Make hard mode require full level55 normal FP gear and perfect skill + coordination. Reduce the difference between level 55 tioneese and columi level gear. Make all bosses drop the same level gear so all bosses are worth killing. Make hard mode gear = story mode OP and make NiM FP = normal mode OP. Then put hard and NiM FP on a weekly lockout timer.

Also, dont let crafters make BiS armorings/mods/enhancements. People should have to work for their gear. Remove or greatly reduce the use of BH commendations or whatever you will call them in RotHc. People should have to work for their gear. And iīm not a huge fan of the trend with sending endgame mod/armoring to alts through legacy gear. Thatīs not a huge issue, at least they still have to earn the mod/armoring on their main.

Just do something to make sure it takes more than a day or two to get full columi level gear. Yes i still do FP because i like dooing FP, but ofc it adds something when thereīs actually a chance of failure and maybe even a chance for an upgrade to drop.

I dont mind keeping storymode FP easy and shorter, maybe with fewer mobs so you can do them faster. I wouldnīt even mind keeping hardmode and NiM FP out of groupfinder. I saw the FP dev guy say something like we dont want to make harder FPīs because they end up beeing real pug killers. That was in regard to the lost island FP. I cried a little inside when i read that.

moonshoter
01.28.2013 , 07:37 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
You sit down and want to do a nice FP and get slightly challenged and then itīs over in 15-20 min and offers no challenge whatsoever. Itīs allmost come to the point that i like bad groups when dooing a FP like Lost Island.

I know the trend is short FPīs and bypassing as much as possible so the FP ends up even shorter. That doesnīt mean i have to like it. People end up in highlevel gear too fast and the FP drops become obsolete. The FP ends up as a quick grind for 5 BH coms.

When RotHc comes out i hope they will do something to FPīs especially. Make them harder. Make hard mode require full level55 normal FP gear and perfect skill + coordination. Reduce the difference between level 55 tioneese and columi level gear. Make all bosses drop the same level gear so all bosses are worth killing. Make hard mode gear = story mode OP and make NiM FP = hard mode OP. Then put hard and NiM FP on a weekly lockout timer.

Also, dont let crafters make BiS armorings/mods/enhancements. People should have to work for their gear. Remove or greatly reduce the use of BH commendations or whatever you will call them in RotHc. People should have to work for their gear. And iīm not a huge fan of the trend with sending endgame mod/armoring to alts through legacy gear. Thatīs not a huge issue, at least they still have to earn the mod/armoring on their main.

Just do something to make sure it takes more than a day or two to get full columi level gear. Yes i still do FP because i like dooing FP, but ofc it adds something when thereīs actually a chance of failure and maybe even a chance for an upgrade to drop.

I dont mind keeping storymode FP easy and shorter, maybe with fewer mobs so you can do them faster. I wouldnīt even mind keeping hardmode and NiM FP out of groupfinder. I saw the FP dev guy say something like we dont want to make harder FPīs because they end up beeing real pug killers. That was in regard to the lost island FP. I cried a little inside when i read that.
Sadly so True , But it like that in every game I have ever Played EQ 1 EQ 2 yes even in EQ 2 , WOW , Rift , and a few others I have played over the years , this how it is in all the MMO atm (... Sw tor is no Diff and to be honest , I don't see why others get so upset over it .... if there is ops raids etc to run the they will gear fast ..... no way around it ...

They prolly are gonna nerf RE but are you so sure you want that ...

I'll repeat there is no way to stop how fast we gear ,, they really have to do that to not gimp us , those that are skilled . etc in WoW it might help some to do what thy do with gear . gear check etc but do we all really want that to

they could limit how many HM we do a day , even thu GF etc ..... but other then that, once a guild or group of friends hit 55 there one main goal will be OPS , and how fast they get in them That's End game ..

mastirkal
01.28.2013 , 07:56 PM | #3
If Bioware is smart they will make a NiM difficulty for all the current FPs and another level of diffiulty for ops.They probably won't, but it would be great if they did so all of the flashpoints, EV and KP don't becomes useless.

moonshoter
01.28.2013 , 08:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
If Bioware is smart they will make a NiM difficulty for all the current FPs and another level of diffiulty for ops.They probably won't, but it would be great if they did so all of the flashpoints, EV and KP don't becomes useless.
Rift Has that , called master mode its awesome but once you run so many times it turns like the OP said ...

AND LI or T2 mode was suppose to be that but we have yet to see anymore T2 type FP in HM .... or Even SM and if I remember a few times back they said we would get more T1 ones and T2 but were are they ?

FlyinSpaghetti
01.28.2013 , 08:18 PM | #5

When RotHc comes out i hope they will do something to FPīs especially. Make them harder. Make hard mode require full level55 normal FP gear and perfect skill + coordination.
Hang on, you're assuming that everyone that currently plays the game is going to buy the expansion. If I for example chose not to buy the expansion and wanted to gear a new level 50 alt for the current operations now (i.e. EC and TFB SM) how on earth would I get them in columi 136 rated gear if I had to have gear of that level in the first place just to play the flashpoints/ops?

Your logic in that sense defeats the purpose, the current HM flashpoints of tier 1 difficulty are only "too easy" because they are not designed for players of a higher gear level than 51's. Bar fixing the exploits/boss skipping they shouldn't be touched IMO, they provide a good stepping stone to the current "136 rated" content and people shouldn't be forced into buying an expansion just to play that.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Petnil
01.28.2013 , 08:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Hang on, you're assuming that everyone that currently plays the game is going to buy the expansion. If I for example chose not to buy the expansion and wanted to gear a new level 50 alt for the current operations now (i.e. EC and TFB SM) how on earth would I get them in columi 136 rated gear if I had to have gear of that level in the first place just to play the flashpoints/ops?

Your logic in that sense defeats the purpose, the current HM flashpoints of tier 1 difficulty are only "too easy" because they are not designed for players of a higher gear level than 51's. Bar fixing the exploits/boss skipping they shouldn't be touched IMO, they provide a good stepping stone to the current "136 rated" content and people shouldn't be forced into buying an expansion just to play that.
Hard mode FPīs is pr. definition at least the way i see it end game content, and ofc it would be targeted at players with the expansion.. Storymode FP is another thing. I have no problem excluding level 50 players from hard mode FPīs when max level is raised.

The way it is today you can only sign up for hard mode FP if you are max level. I dont think that will change. Ofc only time will tell.

Maybe EAware will just add 2 new FP with the expansion and keep the level 50 FPīs as they are.

Dacce
01.28.2013 , 11:56 PM | #7
how good would a HM Hammer Station be?
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

Larry_Dallas
01.29.2013 , 02:07 AM | #8
Short version: "Crafters shouldn't be able to function because I won't feel like a unique and pretty snowflake if they do."

If the idea that someone can buy a particular mod from a crafter--one that's available in one piece of equipment for instance, instead of running the same damned op for 72 weeks to get all 9 they need is something that bothers you, it's time to do some internal re-evaluation. If you can't enjoy an MMO because someone else might have something you have, that's something you need to sort out for yourself. Not something the devs need to sort out for you.

Myself, I'm glad I can trade those stabs and shorten the process instead of running the same damned op, praying to win a roll on the same damned belt over and over again for more than a year.

I don't really craft either, but ffs, leave the crafters alone. They've got a good thing going right now (at least, CTs and artificers). Their ability to enjoy and influence an economy does not have a negative impact your ability to complete and enjoy raids. At all.

Creslan
01.29.2013 , 02:47 AM | #9
I feel the same way concerning BIS Armorings, Implants, Earpieces, Hilts and Barrels. I feel that Mods and Enhancements should be allowed to a limited extent, but the armorings, hilts, barrels need to stop. You need a reason to run the Operations, at its current state there is no reason to run TFB hardmode gearwise, everything can be purchased from the GTN.

A flagging system could work, allow people to wear the items if they have unlocked certain bosses in either story or hard mode. I like the idea of a NM Flashpoint with a lockout, include a drop that unlocks 1 piece of gear each time it is completed. The crafting is getting out of hand, I know of players that have a full set of level 63 PVE gear that have never set foot inside an operation, and that is their main character!

I'm not saying that crafter's shouldn't be able to make anything current, but not every BIS item should be able to purchased from the GTN because it was crafted, there needs to be a limit. There are 2 ways to do that, either a flagging system to use the item, or limit the recipes available to crafters from RE.

DarthSeraph
01.29.2013 , 03:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
how good would a HM Hammer Station be?
Would be good I would also like an Athiss HM also
Destruó | Castelló | Spaa'ra
Marauder | Sentinel | Gunslinger