Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Have not received Friends of SWTOR rewards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Have not received Friends of SWTOR rewards
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Avoreon
01.28.2013 , 04:32 PM | #1
It has been over 72 hours now that one of my friends has created an account through the friends of swtor email and paid for a recurring subscription, and I have not received the Cartel Coins or the mount. I want to know if there is anything I did wrong during the process? My friend has been playing every day and it says hes a subscriber and got charged the $15.
In the "friends of swtor" tab in my account, it says "01.25.13: You referred **** <i*************@aim.com> and they accepted."

Portos
01.28.2013 , 05:44 PM | #2
Im in the same place. My friend subscribed 4 days ago and i have yet to receive the mount and the cartel points.

Whats funny is that i made a ticket and a GM was quick to point out to me that i have to wait til the end of the billing cycle to receive the rewards.

The funny part is that the GM was poorly informed, from this very website it clearly states that there are 2 rewards to be getting from referring a friend.

1. Friend referral reward which should apply the very second the referral account subscribes
- taken from the very small print
BONUS ITEM AND FRIEND REFERRAL AWARD WILL BE CREDITED TO THE USERíS ACCOUNT UPON FRIENDíS PURCHASE OF PRODUCT SUBSCRIPTION OR REDEMPTION OF A GAME TIME CARD CODE

2. Friend referral subscriber reward should indeed apply at the end of the billing cycle
FRIEND REFERRAL SUBSCRIBER AWARD WILL BE CREDITED TO USERíS ACCOUNT MONTHLY AT THE END OF THE FRIENDS BILLING CYCLE

Seems theres a lot of confusion even among the BW staff.

Avoreon
01.28.2013 , 08:42 PM | #3
Yeah i've been seeing those 2 different answers on a lot of posts, was hoping to get a more up-to-date answer from a yellow.

Breemen
01.28.2013 , 11:24 PM | #4
Well I know none of you wants to hear this, but just call the Customer Service number and speak to them personally. That is the answer your going to get from the forum admins. It's the answer they gave me when I waited 5 weeks and still didn't see it. There are a whole lot of people who have had this issue, and some like myself who received the mount, but don't get the monthly Cartel Coins because the link from my friends email didn't link properly to his account. There is "nothing they can do" about that, but your mount will show.

Just take the 1/2 hour of bad hold music/reception and talk to them in person.
The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
Sun Tzu

Sutii
01.29.2013 , 01:02 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Avoreon & Portos,

As Breemen rightly points out we are unfortunately unable to assist with this issue via the Forums. For further assistance you will need to contact Customer Service who will be able to investigate the matter and resolve the issue as required.

Regarding the issue you raise Portos, the Bonus Item and Referral Award should be applied once the subscription itself begins as your friends payment method should not be charged until this point. If this has not proven to be the case, please let the Customer Service Representative know and they should also be able to assist.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Avoreon
01.29.2013 , 01:51 AM | #6
Thank you for all of the responses, guess I will just have to sit and wait on the phone and see what happens.