Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost Island......Really bothering me.


slafko's Avatar


slafko
01.28.2013 , 08:16 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SkyVendor View Post
I totaly agree here about everyone helping with incinerate,its hard to hit every incinerate when kiting the boss around the room while holding agro.... I know the tank has An important role and that it has to be played right, But i think he takes the blame a little to much sometimes... everyone deff has to play there part well to make this one work.

well i will get back on today and try again, we will see how it goes.
You don't need to lure the boss around the room. Engage and pull him to the right corner of his platform. Rotate him so that you're standing near the cener of the platfom and he has his behind facing your casters. Move him to another corner when he drops a bubble on you. As for melee dps, they have 2-3 seconds they can use to run away, place the bubble somewhere to the side and jump back into the fray.

ChicagoBearsFan's Avatar


ChicagoBearsFan
01.28.2013 , 08:46 AM | #22
To OP.
What server are you on? If you are on Prophecy of the Five I would be happy to heal for you and help you master it. I tank and heal this on a regular basis.
I also do not recommend PUGing this unless you absolutely have to. Get with your guild and get on ventrillo or something so you can better coordinate fights.

If PUGing is your only option make sure that you communicate well with group before and after fights. SOOO many people THINK they know this fight and will say as much in chat but in reality their play prooves otherwise.

This fight (and whole FP for that matter) REQUIRE the group to be very mechanically sound and use proper techniques or it will be an endless string of wipes. Just 1 week link or someone not doing it right usually means a wipe.

All the roles need to know their part and perform well, DPS, Tanks, Healers all need to do it right. It's not just the tanks or healers fault. But like I said, 1 weak link CAN bring the group down.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

ChicagoBearsFan's Avatar


ChicagoBearsFan
01.28.2013 , 10:49 AM | #23
Just another thought. Where is your "target's cast bar"? I put mine smack dab in the middle of the screen right about where my character is. That way as soon as an enemy starts casting (incinerate in this case) it about slaps me in the face. I also have my interrupt skill hot keyed to a button on my mouse for quick casting. If you haven't done this or something like it yet, make sure that you do.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
01.28.2013 , 01:21 PM | #24
Lots of tank replies, I'll give a couple of points from a healer perspective.

#1. Assuming you have melee DPS and need to kite, please DO NOT kite into the corners of the room. You can use the sides, and ends near the doors, but not the corners where the doors are. Going into the corners is the surest way to cause line-of-sight issues for your healer. The lightning spheres will dissipate after a time, so maximizing space usage is usually not an issue here.

#2. For the lightning spheres, DPS should NOT try to run them far away. This usually just puts lightning all over the room and cuts the group off from a clear path. They SHOULD take a few steps back from the boss to give just enough room/time for the tank to kite the boss away. But basically, move the boss, not the spheres.

#3. Don't worry about standing in fire for short periods of time if needed. I don't want the entire fight over fire, but it isn't something to panic about.

#4. I want the DPS to mostly IGNORE the adds, and focus on DPSing and interrupting the boss. If you can AoE taunt them, and the DPS can AoE them down with the boss...cool. If not, they do almost no damage, and can be ignored.

#5. If I am healing on my sage with melee DPS, I claim the middle platform as mine. Kite the boss from there as quickly as you can. Sages have the least ability to heal on the move, and our AoE requires the group to be stationary for several seconds to be of any use. So for some runs, I'm not able to use our AoE heal at all, and have to rely solely on single-target healing, which means a whole lot of standing still for 2.3 - 2.7s per heal. Now my commando will happily follow the group around the room, as do most scoundrels.

Hope this helps.

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
01.28.2013 , 01:28 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
First boss or miniboss hits alot harder than the droid.. alot.... the difference is huge actually.
If you start taking a lot of damage from this boss, move. Pretend there is an invisible AoE damage circle under your feet, because I'm pretty sure that is what is happening.

I've healed this FP a lot, and tanks that stand still are usually dead at the end of the fight. Tanks that move in a circle around the boss when they start taking significant damage stay at 90% or better health.

ChicagoBearsFan's Avatar


ChicagoBearsFan
01.28.2013 , 03:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
If you start taking a lot of damage from this boss, move. Pretend there is an invisible AoE damage circle under your feet, because I'm pretty sure that is what is happening.

I've healed this FP a lot, and tanks that stand still are usually dead at the end of the fight. Tanks that move in a circle around the boss when they start taking significant damage stay at 90% or better health.
^ ^ ^
This.
As a tank and a healer I agree 100%. When tanking I usually side step in a continuous circle around the boss making loops around him and poping cool downs as I go. I once had some DPS give me a hard time about it because it looked silly and they though I didn't know what I was doing. I asked the healer in chat how much he had the heal me. He replied "barely at all". I had no problems the rest of the FP as we went on to 1 shot everything.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

abokado's Avatar


abokado
01.28.2013 , 03:30 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
As for melee dps, they have 2-3 seconds they can use to run away, place the bubble somewhere to the side and jump back into the fray.
That's just not darn possible. I read guides, watched videos, I prepared myself as best as possible before I went to do LI HM and it's just absolutely IMPOSSIBLE as a melee dps without force speed to put the lightning bubble farther away than one step next to the tank. Really. I run as soon as I see the white circle beneath me and yes, I do reach the wall when standing in the middle previously, but the bubble does not appear at the wall but much more in the middle. It's totally irritating and I feel bald and like it's my fault and the tanks never really bother to move the droid somewhere else, ugh. I just cannot do anything about that!
Had a horrible run last week. _3_ juggs and the heal. We did our best to run and put the bubble away, but no chance. Then the heal got extremely pissed because we walked into the fire (well, should we have walked into the lightning instead, genius!?) and quit the group because he didn't want to heal this rubbish. Mind you, he was only in Tionese, so, I don't know..

So, yeah, it's not possible to put the bubble away. The only "solution" I found was to charge to the adds as soon as they appear and a lot of times the white circles while appear beneath me while I'm next to the wall and fighting adds, so I guess DPS should take care of the adds?
But this boss really is crazy.. Everything is all over the place, there is fire and lightning and adds and ugh. I definitely don't like him.

OlosBC's Avatar


OlosBC
01.28.2013 , 03:52 PM | #28
Intercede the healer if you're a jugg. Make sure you're standing at max range. Don't finish casts or get your next hit off just run out.

If tanks get the droid to the edge, DPS can actually stand on the grates and move when fire comes up, and then move the boss to another corner if a boss is close to one corner.

Don't complain about problems. Think about solutions.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

KazHiryu's Avatar


KazHiryu
01.28.2013 , 03:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
That's just not darn possible. I read guides, watched videos, I prepared myself as best as possible before I went to do LI HM and it's just absolutely IMPOSSIBLE as a melee dps without force speed to put the lightning bubble farther away than one step next to the tank. Really. I run as soon as I see the white circle beneath me and yes, I do reach the wall when standing in the middle previously, but the bubble does not appear at the wall but much more in the middle. It's totally irritating and I feel bald and like it's my fault and the tanks never really bother to move the droid somewhere else, ugh. I just cannot do anything about that!
Had a horrible run last week. _3_ juggs and the heal. We did our best to run and put the bubble away, but no chance. Then the heal got extremely pissed because we walked into the fire (well, should we have walked into the lightning instead, genius!?) and quit the group because he didn't want to heal this rubbish. Mind you, he was only in Tionese, so, I don't know..

So, yeah, it's not possible to put the bubble away. The only "solution" I found was to charge to the adds as soon as they appear and a lot of times the white circles while appear beneath me while I'm next to the wall and fighting adds, so I guess DPS should take care of the adds?
But this boss really is crazy.. Everything is all over the place, there is fire and lightning and adds and ugh. I definitely don't like him.
It all really depends on your group build. I, as the healer, actually tell the dps to run their bubbles back into previous bubbles to avoid littering the battlefield with AoE. I will heal them. I also tell them to NOT dps adds unless I ask them to. I usually drag adds to tank and he/she just AoE taunts them off of me then, I have dps and myself aoe them while they are in boss. As many people have said before. LR-5 is more of a mechanics check than anything else. I personally hate the "kite" method, but just find the way that works for you as there are several ways to clear LR-5. And as everyone has said, interrupting incinerate, keeping aggro and bubble placement are the most important thing in this fight. The only time LR-5 gives me trouble is when the DPS has tunnel vision and doesn't move away bubble away from fight zone.

abokado's Avatar


abokado
01.28.2013 , 05:02 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by OlosBC View Post
Intercede the healer if you're a jugg. Make sure you're standing at max range. Don't finish casts or get your next hit off just run out.

If tanks get the droid to the edge, DPS can actually stand on the grates and move when fire comes up, and then move the boss to another corner if a boss is close to one corner.

Don't complain about problems. Think about solutions.
Ohh, haven't thought about interceding. Thanks, that's a great tip!