Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Fate of the Sith Emperor isn't all that it seems to be?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
The Fate of the Sith Emperor isn't all that it seems to be?

Alec_Fortescue
01.28.2013 , 12:15 PM | #21
How I'd love TOR to end would be Republic severely weakened. Many systems withdrew from it or were conquered by the Empire. And before the ultimate blow is done the Emperor dies (by who, though?) and the Empire splits into various "kingdoms" and "states" of which some are also joined by the Republic separatists. It wouid be good imo because there would, finally, be no huge dominant super-government ruling the galaxy.

Players could be left assigned to the remnants of the Republic and one of the new Imperial remnant faction, which controls the original Sith space.

It's plenty of time before Ruusan reformation and all Darth Bane saga.

There were questions raised to how the Empire would look like after Emperor's death. Here is my suggestion. Many smaller, independent sectors instead of a huge territory ruled by a single government. But then Republic would have to be appropriately weakened :l

It would be reasonable, Republic is properly bashed (But not so dead yet!) and there is little left to fight for, Emperor dead and many Darths aspiring for the title, let the power and territory grab begin ^^
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Beniboybling
01.28.2013 , 01:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
How I'd love TOR to end would be Republic severely weakened. Many systems withdrew from it or were conquered by the Empire. And before the ultimate blow is done the Emperor dies (by who, though?) and the Empire splits into various "kingdoms" and "states" of which some are also joined by the Republic separatists. It wouid be good imo because there would, finally, be no huge dominant super-government ruling the galaxy.

Players could be left assigned to the remnants of the Republic and one of the new Imperial remnant faction, which controls the original Sith space.

It's plenty of time before Ruusan reformation and all Darth Bane saga.

There were questions raised to how the Empire would look like after Emperor's death. Here is my suggestion. Many smaller, independent sectors instead of a huge territory ruled by a single government. But then Republic would have to be appropriately weakened :l

It would be reasonable, Republic is properly bashed (But not so dead yet!) and there is little left to fight for, Emperor dead and many Darths aspiring for the title, let the power and territory grab begin ^^
Interesting idea, one thing I noticed is that the technology wise the period of the Great Galactic War seems to be far more technologically superior to that of the New Sith Wars. Observe, New Sith Wars - very archaic looking, more akin to the the technology of the Great Hyperspace War or the Great Sith War (infact even more archaic looking). Then we have the Great Galactic War period A lot more modern looking right? More akin to battle scenes from the Clone Wars. So surely there must have been some sort of devastating catastrophe that plunged the galaxy into some sort of 'Dark Age' over that 1000 year + period. The mutual destruction of the Sith Empire and the Republic could be that catastrophe. But for various technical reasons I doubt we'll see it ingame, more likely in some form of novelisation. But this would leave room for the Emperor's final death (if he's not basically dead already) as infighting would tear the Empire apart.

Then again, the destruction of the Republic could send some serious tremors through Star Wars continuity...

Alec_Fortescue
01.28.2013 , 02:18 PM | #23
I am not speaking of the destruction of the Republic. It's more about it losing a lot of territory and succumbing into its dark age.

Putting on more restrictive laws and social policies which are causing the technological drawback in the time ?

But with the technology thing I will agree. It's ridiculous! Old Republic and New Sith Wars are so much different. We have super weapons that are nearly as powerful as the Death Star (Desolator), powerful exo-suits (Sith Warrior with tanks on his shoulders which are constantly pumping stims into him!). We have properly geared army and we don't have half-naked melee infantry :l

I don't see any technical reasons for restricting us from witnessing the beginning of the dark ages. Just as we are forced to recruit our companions or kill Darth Malgus we can be forced to remain loyal to our respective factions, despite new remnants forming out of them. We already have such thing going on with the Empire and the Dread Masters.

Also look what happened to our own world. We had our own Dark Ages before the revival of ancient ideals, arts and sciences which were nearly forgotten and even prohibited in some cases.

There is always some cycle going on. :l And the Emperor wants to stop it once and for all.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Beniboybling
01.28.2013 , 02:25 PM | #24
I am not speaking of the destruction of the Republic. It's more about it losing a lot of territory and succumbing into its dark age.

Putting on more restrictive laws and social policies which are causing the technological drawback in the time ?

But with the technology thing I will agree. It's ridiculous! Old Republic and New Sith Wars are so much different. We have super weapons that are nearly as powerful as the Death Star (Desolator), powerful exo-suits (Sith Warrior with tanks on his shoulders which are constantly pumping stims into him!). We have properly geared army and we don't have half-naked melee infantry :l

Also look what happened to our own world. We had our own Dark Ages before the revival of ancient ideals, arts and sciences which were nearly forgotten and even prohibited in many cases.

There is always some cycle going on. :l And the Emperor wants to stop it once and for all.
OK, that could definitely work. There definitely must have been a serious Dark Age period between this point and the New Sith Wars.

Alec_Fortescue
01.28.2013 , 02:28 PM | #25
Isn't it like 2 thousand years before the Darth Bane, no? :-]

Writers have plenty of time. To be honest I wish it was Knights of the Old Republic 3 which would deal with those issues.

Beniboybling
01.28.2013 , 02:31 PM | #26
Isn't it like 2 thousand years before the Darth Bane, no? :-]

Writers have plenty of time. To be honest I wish it was Knights of the Old Republic 3 which would deal with those issues.
True, very true. I very much hope that the Old Republic saga continues to grow. And I would love to see a KOTOR 3.

Zardac_the_Great
01.28.2013 , 03:14 PM | #27
KOTOR over TOR, definitely.

Despite myself, I like this idea of the beginnings of a Galactic Dark Age. The only problem I see at this point is that it might make it a little too easy for some returning version of the Emperor to anihilate all life, and that would be extraordinarily bogus.

Beniboybling
01.28.2013 , 03:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardac_the_Great View Post
KOTOR over TOR, definitely.

Despite myself, I like this idea of the beginnings of a Galactic Dark Age. The only problem I see at this point is that it might make it a little too easy for some returning version of the Emperor to anihilate all life, and that would be extraordinarily bogus.
I think there is room for both KOTOR 3 and TOR. After all its was Obsidian, not BioWare, who were working on KOTOR 3 - but oh well, we shall see...

FoolsErrand
01.29.2013 , 11:55 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Um..... No.
The mass infighting is destroying the Sith from the inside. Lesser Sith team up to destroy more powerful Sith, who in turn is defeated by even lesser Sith. This is a downward spiral that would destroy the sith, and it will. This is the reason the Rule of Two was so successful. Only the stronger could win, there were no allys to help.
Think of this:
Revan was dark lord. Malak destroyed him and declared himself more powerful. Malak rises, revan falls. The lesser takes control from the powerful.

Satele shan once said, "a united sith is a force that cannot be stopped."
But you see, they arent united they backstab, and it is the reason they fall, like all animals must.
No, i understood that. My point is that any form of government created using Sith policy is doomed to fail 100% of the time. You can't have a government made up of super charged serial killers and actually think it'll last, but the fact is that it CAN last for awhile if 2 things are followed: 1. A leader who can take on any single person below him in rank. 2. Those below the leader are too busy working against their rivals to ally against the leader. As long as both of those are followed then it'll last, the problem is that it never lasts forever.

The only way a Sith could truely rule is if he got rid of all the jedi and other sith and controlled the government from the shadows. It was Darth Plagueis who actually thought of something like this, though he had different reasons. The strength of the idea is even if the "leader" is overthrown, the sith could just control the replacement leader, repeat as needed.
Never give up! Never surrender!

Darkondo
01.29.2013 , 01:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Then how, pray tell, do you explain the words of Hall Hood? Which state the exact opposite of what you are saying.
Please, do you really think any writer is going to spoil the story (or future story), the Emperor is someone that they will probably bring back for some expansion in SWTOR don't believe everything you hear even if he wrote the JK story especially if its not confirmed canon. The email the Wrath gets from The Hand states that the Emperor is alive and recovering from losing his main voice, That email is C-Canon due to it being in SWTOR.

Could the Emperor be defeated by the JK in the future, Yes im not ruling that out. All im saying is dont take the writers word when its not confirmed as canon, where the email stating the emperor is alive by the Emperor's hand is C-canon due to it being in the game.