Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rabenschwinge
03.14.2013 , 04:21 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Given the lack of SGRAs for my characters currently, I like to think sex happens during some of those
What do you mean? I haven't seen two of the same gender fade to black yet. Alright, two of the 50s I have are Jedi... but the Imperial Agent and the level 41 Powertech did neither. And the IA is a pretty wild child if you want her to be, not above using her body to acquire information or keep others silent.

Well, not in a scene with two of the same gender where sex was even remotely implied, anyway... sometimes during a dialogue a companion leaves the ship to do something else elsewhere... that doesn't mean you go on your next mission without that companion, as it would in Mass Effect, they are usually back within two seconds and the scene briefly fades to black. You mean those scenes?

Jedi consular companion spoilers:
Spoiler
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Bomyne
03.14.2013 , 04:26 PM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeca_Cutrer View Post
Thank you for asking. My point was simply that there is clearly implied sexual content in the game. It is implied through multiple ways, and therefore "sex isn't in the game" is either false or mere technicality, depending on what your definition of "is" is.
There's no implied sex. The game deliberately leaves it open and up to your imagination. Recently, in a cutscene, my character and his companion went off somewhere "private". I can tell you for a fact that all they did was talk about their future as the game cut to black.

Jeca_Cutrer
03.14.2013 , 04:27 PM | #393
Enough. Really. Move along. I regret even saying something.

I was trying to appeal to common sense. I forgot the Internet killed it.
Ebon Hawk - RP-PVE
Cutoli - 50 Narl - 50 Sall - 21 Kakk - 20

Erriq - 50 Barrenus - 36 Tul'kur'sabosen - 25

Tatile
03.14.2013 , 04:56 PM | #394
Let's get back to what this thread is actually about:

Pelting Bioware: Austin offices with rainbow glitter.

Let's be optimistic for a second and assume that Bioware releases companion romances.

Having done the Quinn romance with my Warrior, I don't imagine he'd be more forthcoming with a male interest (he's a bit restrained, sometimes its comes across as being not very bright), unless of course some of his hesitation is due to some arse-backwards upbringing about women being "delicate flowers". I'm not a delicate flower, I'm the Emperor's Wrath, and you can stick your confinement where the sun don't shine.

So, regardless of whether Quinn has had a somewhat chauvinistic upbringing or not, I'd imagine Male Warrior would still receive much of the same formal approaches, and would also likely need to "chase" Quinn in much a similar manner. Perhaps Quinn might feel more relaxed around Male Warrior than he does around the Warrior and would be more receptive, but I still get the feeling you'll spend many of the early conversations going "Be glad you're cute, Quinn, because sometimes you're thick as two short planks."

Ideas? Additions?

It would be nice for people who have done the other OGRA's to give their ideas of how the SGRA versions might be different, but still in-keeping with the companion we know. I'd do more, but I've only romanced Anrdonikus and Torian as well and have found them somewhat forgettable. I wouldn't be able to write about them without the liberal application of Youtube, at any rate.

Rabenschwinge
03.14.2013 , 05:42 PM | #395
That is extremely hard to say for me because there is no gay companion romance I truly want at this point (the most thinkable would be Kira, but while my knight does love her, it's rather in a sisterly way than a romantic one), and I never play male characters, so I can't compare the romances.

As a knight and the one who has actually grown up with the Jedi order, my knight would definitely want to be courted and maybe get some of this "delicate flower" stuff you hate so much about Quinn - there is more to my knight than being an ethically untouchable killing machine, after all. And I would clearly want to start the relationship only after she becomes knight herself. A flirt option before that might be a smile or a simple gesture in response to a compliment.

I don't know the romances for Mako and Nadia either, but I don't think it would make much of a difference. The relationship is too clearly defined by other circumstances.

Kaliyo is just the way she is, I suppose, so it wouldn't make much of a difference either. I don't know Temple enough to say anything about her, I always used Vector as damage dealer companion. I could think of a few things I'd like to do with Watcher 2 after the end of the IA storyline, starting with taking her to Voss... but she's not a companion, so it's not quite what you asked for.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Bomyne
03.14.2013 , 06:55 PM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Having done the Quinn romance with my Warrior, I don't imagine he'd be more forthcoming with a male interest (he's a bit restrained, sometimes its comes across as being not very bright), unless of course some of his hesitation is due to some arse-backwards upbringing about women being "delicate flowers". I'm not a delicate flower, I'm the Emperor's Wrath, and you can stick your confinement where the sun don't shine..
Not all companions would be SGRA. Quinn certainlly does not sound like the type. Neither would Doc or Corso. Vette is definitely OGRA only. Mako seems a little more likely from what I've seen of the BH story (Only up to level 23). Elara and Jorgan, definitely not. Ashara, no.

I haven't played enough of the other classes to guess though, but I'm guessing only a very small handful of existing companions would meet SGRA.

jovianus
03.15.2013 , 12:48 AM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
Not all companions would be SGRA. Quinn certainlly does not sound like the type. Neither would Doc or Corso. Vette is definitely OGRA only. Mako seems a little more likely from what I've seen of the BH story (Only up to level 23). Elara and Jorgan, definitely not. Ashara, no.

I haven't played enough of the other classes to guess though, but I'm guessing only a very small handful of existing companions would meet SGRA.
What do you mean 'does not sound like the type'?

And what do you mean 'meet SGRA'?

Stereotyping aside, given that apparently SGRA is going to be confined to 'that crazy weekend on Makeb' I don't really see that it will matter much.

Anglvamp
03.15.2013 , 02:37 AM | #398

Gonna have to disagree with most of this, no offense. I really think Quinn could go both ways, hardly learned anything about him and every time my SW flirted, he just seemed uncomfortable with it. Now you could say that it was his position and protocol but I think he could be easily re-written to include an SGRA . Though I could just be reading too much into it, hehe.

Vette, I'm not sure about, but I don't think she could be completely written off as straight only, Again, just my opinion. Really hoping Mako would be made available if they ever decide to, dunno what it is, but she just so loveable, hehe.

That's about all I know of the romances so far. Most companions share so little about themselves, I really think any of them could be added as SGRA. Or BW could always add totally new companions, but it would always feel rushed to me, like the companions you get after chapter 2. Would love to see them all expanded, but I can't imagine that happening any time soon.

^.^
NO one said SGR content should be at the top of the priority list, but eventually you have to get to the bottom of the list

Tatile
03.15.2013 , 04:55 AM | #399

So, you're saying that current romances options not listed (Adronikus, Torian, Vector, Kaliyo, Temple, Pierce, DS Jaesa - for the Imp side, don't know anything about Pubs) would be SGRA or that you have yet to play those classes and form your own opinion about them? Because, as much as I appreciate your opinion, it is only that and what I was doing (which you seem to have taken some exception to, as I wrote about Quinn) was for fun. Not trying to force or colour anyone's opinion.

Jeca_Cutrer
03.15.2013 , 07:36 AM | #400
There's the overly optimistic possibility that an expansion could introduce whole new companions who are meant to be good fits for SGR.

And why hasn't anyone mentioned Bowdar as an option? That's folicle-ism!
Ebon Hawk - RP-PVE
Cutoli - 50 Narl - 50 Sall - 21 Kakk - 20

Erriq - 50 Barrenus - 36 Tul'kur'sabosen - 25