Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Palar
11.15.2013 , 06:07 PM | #2451
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Maybe I'm just wary of all the "(male)teacher/authority figures bones (female)student/lower-level coworker" stories because of general dickitude and the fact that they are so. damn. common. in this game.

Quinn's a possible exception, but the more I think about it, the more it seems like a half-joke, half-nod towards his actual allegiances.
Fair enough - with the staggered release, I was a few months behind so I was RPing that character with a dash of meta-knowledge about the potential scumminess of it. Might be that I subconsciously steered away. (Plus, I played him to be the 'zero DS points/Light level 5' character for the Legacy thing so he's too tightly-wound and goody-good to have made the first-to-fifth moves on her.)

theStirge
11.15.2013 , 06:15 PM | #2452
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Maybe I'm just wary of all the "(male)teacher/authority figures bones (female)student/lower-level coworker" stories because of general dickitude and the fact that they are so. damn. common. in this game.

Quinn's a possible exception, but the more I think about it, the more it seems like a half-joke, half-nod towards his actual allegiances.
Quinn an exception? The Quinn romance is textbook sexual harassment. Your warrior repeatedly makes advances despite(or possibly because of) the fact that it makes Quinn visibly uncomfortable and he actually requests that you stop. If Quinn were female and this were a romance for male characters, the Bioware offices would still be burning.
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

Palar
11.15.2013 , 06:28 PM | #2453
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
Quinn an exception? The Quinn romance is textbook sexual harassment. Your warrior repeatedly makes advances despite(or possibly because of) the fact that it makes Quinn visibly uncomfortable and he actually requests that you stop. If Quinn were female and this were a romance for male characters, the Bioware offices would still be burning.
That's a good point, from what I've seen.

a-madman
11.15.2013 , 06:54 PM | #2454
Sorry cannot be assed to read all 240+ post but i will leave this pic here

LVL 55 Vanguard x 2 LVL 55 Commando LVL 55 Sage LVL 55 Shadow LVL 55 Sentinel LVL 55 Guardian LVL55 Scoundrel LVL 55 Powertech LVL 55 Sniper LVL 55 Assassin And some other toons that get forgotten about

Joushigun
11.15.2013 , 07:01 PM | #2455
Well, I'm continuing to make my feelings about this subject known in other threads even though I usually get harassed for doing so. The space PvP is pretty stupid and honestly, I haven't found PvP to be all that exciting.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Pietrastor
11.15.2013 , 07:03 PM | #2456
I still can't believe they prioritized a freaking EWOK over companions that would allow SGR. An E-W-O-K. And no, not for a second I believe Treek was planned/developed anytime close to launch, certinately not before they heard loud and clear the complaints about lack of companion-SGRs.

I had high hopes about 8 new space companions that they would 'cover' this issue but nope, looks like they're basically placeholders with few lines when people don't have all companions from the main game yet. So back to square one it seems. Again.

Joushigun
11.15.2013 , 07:08 PM | #2457
At this point, I think they could easily go back to the drawing board and rebuild the game from the bottom up.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

copperjack
11.15.2013 , 08:26 PM | #2458
Sorry, but can everyone please remember to mark spoilers? I'm pretty sure I know all the major plot points of Quinn's story and I haven't even finished Balmorra on my SW.

Joushigun
11.15.2013 , 08:31 PM | #2459
Quote: Originally Posted by copperjack View Post
Sorry, but can everyone please remember to mark spoilers? I'm pretty sure I know all the major plot points of Quinn's story and I haven't even finished Balmorra on my SW.
Don't worry, I wanted to drop Quinn out of the airlock the second he tried to get on my ship, so I never learned his story line. In fact, I really wish we could swap out companions we don't want.

Gwena
11.15.2013 , 09:38 PM | #2460
Wow, it has been ages since I poked in here! And . . . still no new info. >.< This thread sure is interesting though!

I gotta admit, I find the new space PvP Companions (erm, I think they need a different name, they seem to be mere shells compared to the current ones) to be a tantalizing, frustrating hint of what I imagine many of us story and Companion fans would love to have added to the "ground game". So far we've gotten/are getting, in terms of new Companions:

1. A droid
2. An Ewok
3. Space PvP only "Companions"

. . . so I really hope that the next actual Companion we get is finally a more human like one so they can include a SGRA. Well, actually, I wish they will add two like that, so the gay fellas don't get left out (I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that if they only add one, it will be a bisexual female). And I also want a nexu mount with a sparkly pink saddle and a bell collar (complete with sound effects) for my Smuggler.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.