Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
05.25.2013 , 03:06 PM | #1431
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Ok, this thread has completely fallen to Godwin's Law....
Oh yes, Cool Dude* was most definitely trolling with his idea that "Empire=Nazis, because all fascists are Nazis" statement, however if people are going to try the argument of "CLEARLY a Fascist State would never allow a deviation from the Patriarchal 'Straight Man Is Everything' ideal" then it's best to have a post or two to show them why they're wrong.

I mean, we can never actually ask the writers why something is or isn't (they aren't allowed to talk to the community, after all), but we can at least come up with reasons grounded in logic and the facts presented us in-game.

*I cannot get over this guy's name, either, it just does lend itself to any sort of discussion.

SithKoriandr
05.25.2013 , 04:26 PM | #1432
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Not all fascists are the same and not all bigotry is the same, either. You are assuming that all the values of the Empire are equal to the values of entirely Earth-based fascist governments, and that is a mistake.
By that same thinking, one could go with the idea than any earth based values, ways of life, ect ect are wholly different than they are on Earth on every subject.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

SithKoriandr
05.25.2013 , 04:29 PM | #1433
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Ok, this thread has completely fallen to Godwin's Law....
I bet someone in this thread thought it would be me to bring it up too.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Kaenna
05.25.2013 , 05:25 PM | #1434
I got discouraged and stopped following the thread for a while. I know 'flirting' was added to Makeb... This was actually when I got discouraged as it's ONLY Makeb... Is this still the only SGRA content that's been added so far?

After all this time I know better than to ask about word of any future content...
"When you risk pain or death for another, there is no truer test of your beliefs and strength." - Brianna

Tatile
05.25.2013 , 05:35 PM | #1435
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaenna View Post
I got discouraged and stopped following the thread for a while. I know 'flirting' was added to Makeb... This was actually when I got discouraged as it's ONLY Makeb... Is this still the only SGRA content that's been added so far?

After all this time I know better than to ask about word of any future content...
Makeb is our only SGR content, yes.

It appears that we won't be getting any new class story content (Mr. Hood did say they were going for an "Avengers" style and the one time I asked Mr. Musco about it, he said, "have we not been clear?") and companions are... quite possibly not happening because Mr. Hickman said it was proving to be "difficult".

So, yay, one-off NPCs and world [Flirt]s are being treated as the equal of the Companion Romances. Go Bioware. /sarcasm

dewayne
05.25.2013 , 06:45 PM | #1436
Makeb is our only SGR content, yes.

It appears that we won't be getting any new class story content (Mr. Hood did say they were going for an "Avengers" style and the one time I asked Mr. Musco about it, he said, "have we not been clear?") and companions are... quite possibly not happening because Mr. Hickman said it was proving to be "difficult".

So, yay, one-off NPCs and world [Flirt]s are being treated as the equal of the Companion Romances. Go Bioware. /sarcasm
i remember a dev saying they would companion romance via of a patch after ROTHC was released and that very shortly before ROTHC was released. I also heard 2.2 may be that patch
Darlenee, Dewaynee Morningstar
Republic Trooper, Jedi Knight
I'm a life taker and a heartbreaker

cool-dude
05.25.2013 , 07:57 PM | #1437
Oh yes, Cool Dude* was most definitely trolling with his idea that "Empire=Nazis, because all fascists are Nazis" statement, however if people are going to try the argument of "CLEARLY a Fascist State would never allow a deviation from the Patriarchal 'Straight Man Is Everything' ideal" then it's best to have a post or two to show them why they're wrong.

I mean, we can never actually ask the writers why something is or isn't (they aren't allowed to talk to the community, after all), but we can at least come up with reasons grounded in logic and the facts presented us in-game.

*I cannot get over this guy's name, either, it just does lend itself to any sort of discussion.
Empire=Nazis is correct, as the idea is modeled after the Nazis.
I also never said a fascist state would never allow anything outside of, as you put it: " 'Straight Man Is Everything' ideal"" My point was that the Nazis would not, and the Empire in the Star Wars spectrum of things are modeled after the Nazis. I suggested that SGR should be in-game, but within the Empire faction, it should be seen as distasteful. However, lets say you are an imperial Agent, or a Sith, no one will dare say anything to you about it, because of your status.

"does not mean that they therefore believe in a hierarchy based on race, gender or sexuality".

They do have a hierchy based on race and social standing though. If you aren't human or pureblood, you are seen as a lower being.If you aren't a Sith, everyone below them in rank is a lesser being. If you aren't an officer in the military, you are a lower being. If you aren't a noble, you are even down the chain.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

stuffystuffs
05.25.2013 , 08:38 PM | #1438
Quote: Originally Posted by dewayne View Post
i remember a dev saying they would companion romance via of a patch after ROTHC was released and that very shortly before ROTHC was released. I also heard 2.2 may be that patch
Never heard anything like that.

2.2 is on the PTS and that's definitely not included. I think we have to face that we aren't ever getting companion romance...too hard n stuff.
Node guarder

SithKoriandr
05.25.2013 , 10:37 PM | #1439
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Never heard anything like that.

2.2 is on the PTS and that's definitely not included. I think we have to face that we aren't ever getting companion romance...too hard n stuff.
Never heard anything about it either. But I like to hope they will add it. I just think it'll be "Buy our new companion complete with companion missions for 2000 Cartel Coins!"

Noblis
05.26.2013 , 02:21 AM | #1440
If there is a Cartel Market "solution" to my Sith Mara finally having a go with Vette, I would buy it. Pixel luv ?

I'm glad that the weird fascism vs nazis vs empire thing is all done with.
To quote Ferris : "-Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself." Or herself.
Hold up ! If we save Han now, there won't be anything for us to do at the beginning
of ROTJ !