Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lent_San
02.05.2013 , 02:56 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
It's a forum and, ehhh, anything remotely SGRA in the General Discussion is just a flame magnet. Rather not.
Wouldn't it be suitable for OGR as well? Like, if someone wanted to reset his/her whatever romance and play it again, end it, or just play a different one? *nudge, nudge*

iamthehoyden
02.05.2013 , 03:05 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Wouldn't it be suitable for OGR as well? Like, if someone wanted to reset his/her whatever romance and play it again, end it, or just play a different one? *nudge, nudge*
Just my two cents, but the reset option is the one I see being the most sensible, for leveled toons that would like SGRAs, for people who "messed up" their companion conversations, and for those who would like to replay the conversations for fun. A one-time free reset and then cartel market any subsequent ones.
Edit: I went and added this to the suggestion box. Can't hurt.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Lent_San
02.05.2013 , 03:19 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Just my two cents, but the reset option is the one I see being the most sensible, for leveled toons that would like SGRAs, for people who "messed up" their companion conversations, and for those who would like to replay the conversations for fun. A one-time free reset and then cartel market any subsequent ones.
Woohoo, couldn't help myself and added a thread to the Cartel Market forum, asking for a Gender Change option.

Gender Change Option

First world problems, I know, but I'd definitely use that option, were it available. Feel free to comment. I expect to get bashed and/or thread disappearing into oblivion, either/or.

stuffystuffs
02.05.2013 , 04:48 PM | #114
The reset suggestion is cool.

I'd even like it to replay companions storylines in general. Sometimes I forget what the companion was talking about in previous covos (b/c I took a break from leveling a class) and doing a quick reset and going through the dialog up until that point would be handy.
Node guarder

Samy_Merchi
02.05.2013 , 06:03 PM | #115
Being friends is good, so once in a while people will have to be turned down. What's wrong with that?
Well, I can tell you that whenever I get turned down IRL it certainly doesn't feel good nor does it engender any warm feelings towards that person.
In order to have romance in this game, I am forced to either crossdress or change my sexual orientation. Nice. Thanks "Bioware".

SithKoriandr
02.05.2013 , 06:03 PM | #116
Hm, doesn't seem plausible to me. I go with the overall "dang, we should have put it in at launch, what can we do instead that's not too time & and money-consuming" explanation. I do expect more to come though. Flirting is good for starters, but one to three years for romances?..... Naw. Don't wanna wait that long.

There you go again, making up numbers. Opinions are fine and all, but I'd like my numbers factual, and not made up. The rest I could agree with.
Making up numbers? I based it on the percentage of the population that is SGR, and applied it to the games player population. I'm sure there's some plus and minus on both sides after that, sooo I figure it probably breaks back to being pretty even on that.

SithKoriandr
02.05.2013 , 06:29 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Yeah, I can't see how they can.

I know that some people posting in this thread stated that they held off leveling characters in anticipation of SGRAs, but I'm assuming that a lot of people who would be interested in this content just went ahead and leveled their characters, believing that they'd be able to access the new romance content when added in (it is kind of a silly idea to add in new content that those who've already leveled can't access).

Assuming SGRAs will be with current companions, I just think it best if it would be added on in future companion story content that would be accessible only after completing the current companion storylines. Using Vette as an example, a female SW would then need to complete her existing companion dialog arc before accessing the new content (and the SGRA) though you wouldn't necessarily have to be 50 to do this on a new toon. Sure, it's unfair in the sense that the male SW can start a romance story-line earlier in the relationship but this wouldn't punish people who have leveled and done the companions quests and make the content completely unavailable (unless they re-roll...which not everyone has time to do). This would also make the Vette female romance arc different from the male version, which was a goal of theirs (similar to the Kaidan romance arc for male vs. females in the Mass Effect series).
In the last thread, wasn't this almost universally hated.

Cartel Market SGR was considered bad (pay2gay). Now it's being suggested to make it happen with a few then CM the rest.

Making it so the SGR option is at the end of the companions current storyline is also being talked about, and I know when I suggested it before, it wasn't well recieved.

Are posters just getting tired of waiting for it, so they're willing to change their mind to ideas that were hated before? Don't go changing opinions on it that much. Stick to your guns. The best bet is still vote with your wallet. If everyone who wanted SGR companions as badly as some mentioned they wanted it in this and the other thread, got together and quit, it would show the TOR devs just how much of the community really wanted it put in game. But that would take some combined effort on players parts.

Palar
02.05.2013 , 06:51 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by SelinaK View Post
They have promised the companion characters' stories would be fully available to LGBT players several times, in 2011:

"Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature." (Senior Online Community Manager Stephen Reid, 2011-09-13)

and very recently last month after the announcement of Makeb and the disappointment surrounding that:

"I realize that we promised [same-gender relationships] to you guys and that many of you believed that this with a companion character. Unfortunately, this will take a lot more work than we realized at the time and it (like some other pieces of content we talked about earlier in the year) has been delayed" (executive producer Jeff Hickman, 2013-01-02)

Source links on this post: www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5811705#post5811705
They also gave vague promises about the CE vendor, Grey-side anything, Pazzak, and Oceanic mergers/transfers some time ago - all of which amounted to nothing, with zero follow-up from the CMs.

So yeah, the little arrow in my head pointed at "Cynical" isn't going to drop back to "Skeptical" anytime soon.

SithKoriandr
02.05.2013 , 07:24 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
They also gave vague promises about the CE vendor, Grey-side anything, Pazzak, and Oceanic mergers/transfers some time ago - all of which amounted to nothing, with zero follow-up from the CMs.

So yeah, the little arrow in my head pointed at "Cynical" isn't going to drop back to "Skeptical" anytime soon.
Hopefully nothing comes of grey side anything. The more grey side things we get, the less worthwhile dark and light side become!

JediMB
02.05.2013 , 07:27 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Are posters just getting tired of waiting for it, so they're willing to change their mind to ideas that were hated before?
Perhaps. Or there's just people with a vast variety of opinions on the subject.

Personally I'm still saying that SGRAs and OGRAs need to be equal in execution, and likewise I expressed a desire to see the option to reset one's companions' stories in the old thread.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Making up numbers? I based it on the percentage of the population that is SGR, and applied it to the games player population. I'm sure there's some plus and minus on both sides after that, sooo I figure it probably breaks back to being pretty even on that.
Well, surveys have pretty varying results. Anything between 1 and 15% of the population identifies as GLB, depending on where the survey is made.

That also doesn't take other demographics into account for SGR interest, such as the transgender and transsexual.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.