Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard,Gunslinger or Sentinel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vanguard,Gunslinger or Sentinel

01.25.2013 , 07:59 AM | #1
As im reaching 50 today with my operative and a friend is starting swtor again, i thought id start a new character with him.
Hes gonna make a Commando, im guessin hybrid dps/healer.
Im having hard time deciding what character to creat, i got 25 sniper wich i like alot moore then the look of GS, but still open for suggestions, other is vanguard or sentinel.
Looking to have fun questing with him,however my main goal is to pvp.
What attracts me the senti is the mobility and teamwork,
I always wanted to try out jetpack hybrid vanguard, however i tried powertech and it feels like 3 button character, not much fun

Any suggestions and help? thnx in advance

01.25.2013 , 08:07 AM | #2
go vanguard and all the quests would work for both... (not sure if class quests tought..) also, as a vanguard tank and if he goes healer with two aric jorgans out you have a full team or if he goes dps two elaras for heals...
pvp speaking, each class have its ups and downs but a tank can always make a difference in a team...
May the Force Be With You!

01.25.2013 , 08:39 AM | #3
yeah but as tank, jugger is funnier in pvp?, leap to enemy, leap to ally, push, smash, i can find alot of good things, however WHEN they nerf smash jugger wont be as good anymoore

01.26.2013 , 04:56 PM | #4
Vanguard=Powertech. They only change the names and animations. So if you tried one and did not like it the other is the same. Besides since you are lvling with a friend it would be nice to have two different base classes so you guys can enjoy two different stories as you lvl up.

And since you have a strong focus on pvp i would say Sentinel all the way. And the jk story is nice too. GS is not a bad choice either if you can live with the cover mechanic. But if you want o go tank go Shadow, must fun class to play in the game.
Credits always make MY galaxy a better place.