Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

ArchangelLBC
01.25.2013 , 11:26 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
^ this.
Sins/shadows must be adjusted. DPS - like other stealth dps (operatives). Tanks - like other tanks (for example, juggs). It means damage and abilities:

* -30% overall damage output for every spec. In DPS it means maximum 4.5-5 k crits, like operatives do. No more 7-8 k hits (see Shinarika video) or ever 10 k hits (see ultimate records thread). No more any 4 k hits in tank spec - only maximum 2-3 k, like guardians have.
* Force wave: 1 min CD (= like guardians force push); operatives dont have any such ability ever!
* Force speed: +50% speed over 6 sec, 1 min CD (= like operatives have)
* Self healing: 0.5% (= like maras in annihilation have). No more 100-200 k healing per wz. Enough 30-40 k, like maras and juggs have.
* Force pull: must be talented, but if takes cannot be allowed Force Wave. No one other class dont have BOTH push and pull. Its way TOO OP. (operatives have not any kind of things)
* Demi-god mode resilence: cost -50% of health (= like mara's godmode) - rememmer, operatives still have not any same god mode still.
* Base defence 10%: only in tank spec, must be reduced -5% in DPS spec - operatives and juggs have only 5% base defence

- with these changes, Sins/shadows will be fine and adjusted.
I'm sorry but your vendetta against the AC needs to stop. This is freaking ridiculous. Everyone agrees operative DPS is pretty much destroyed and that's your baseline of comparison? Please don't ever give suggestions on balance again. You clearly don't have the right to an opinion sorry to say. If you can't be objective don't post.

RE: Force In Balance. I love this ability too much. Please don't take it away =(

Also in general I don't see how it single handedly unbalances the AC. It's nice but it's not exactly game breaking.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Mahael
01.25.2013 , 11:37 AM | #72
Is this why other MMOs simply gave up on allowing hybrid specs? Much of the OP crying comes from hybrid (Dark/Mad, Bubble Stun, Smash).

I like the opportunity to put a flexible twist on specs but give a community enough time and they WILL find the "best" way to do it to give your AC an edge, and then it will be overplayed into oblivion.

Just because the assassin/shadow AC's hybrid nitch includes a heavy tank setup doesn't mean this hybrid spec needs to be matched against other AC tank specs and considered OP. Because... it is NOT a tank spec, it is a HYBRID spec.
POT5
Ma'Hael Nae'Blis (Sith Assassin PVP/PVE Tank)
Caûthon Nae'Blis (Scoundrel PVP/PVE Healer)

NoTomorrow
01.25.2013 , 11:48 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Mahael View Post
Is this why other MMOs simply gave up on allowing hybrid specs? Much of the OP crying comes from hybrid (Dark/Mad, Bubble Stun, Smash).

I like the opportunity to put a flexible twist on specs but give a community enough time and they WILL find the "best" way to do it to give your AC an edge, and then it will be overplayed into oblivion.

Just because the assassin/shadow AC's hybrid nitch includes a heavy tank setup doesn't mean this hybrid spec needs to be matched against other AC tank specs and considered OP. Because... it is NOT a tank spec, it is a HYBRID spec.
They have to encourage full 31 pts builds. The tier 3 talents should be less useful than tier 7 talents. Developers should be very careful what they put tier 3 and tier 4. A lot of stuff here is way too sensitive.

If wither is not good enough for tank sins to like, the chage it, make it more attractive than death field.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

NamikazeNaruto
01.25.2013 , 11:49 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
I was 23/1/17 previously, but I prefer the 22/17/2 myself. And I roll in full tank gear too.

But I also do not set out to do damage. I set out to take damage. I can still dish out the damage, but I don't care about my damage output, because that usually isn't my job, as a tank in pvp.
Ah yes, 22/17/2 spec is amazing for pure tanking. Imo it may be the best tank spec for shadow currently, considering the smash/bubble stun metagame. I don't usually have issue surviving in this spec if I have a competent healer to back me.

wetslampigduex
01.25.2013 , 11:54 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
You do know you can change multiple things in 1 patch right? Just because Smash is overpowered, doesn't mean other classes should be overlooked.
Just cause your bad doesn't mean they should nerf anything.

You've probably never played a sin, have no idea what spec these assassin's are killing you in, and you have no valid argument. So keep Queing up and getting stompped on till you quit or L2P.

Altheran
01.25.2013 , 12:06 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
They just need to reduce the amount of damage that an assassin//shadow can do while in Tank stance and in turn add more threat to each ability to keep the tank viable in PVE. If they do this, the assassin will have to either Spec into a DPS spec where DPS gear should be worn, or stay in Tank gear... like they should be.... in a *mostly* tank build.

[...]

Assassin/Shadow Tank hybrid does need to be tweaked because right now, it is way too strong. I have one and am fully aware that it needs to be balanced.
Since you have one, you're probabily aware that 31+ Tank build with Tank gear is not OP. But with your proposal of reducing damage and increasing threat will indeed nerf all Kinetic builds, including Hybrid builds as well as Tank builds.
So your proposal will nerf a regular build that is not even OP. In my opinion, that's not the right thing to do.

DweezillKagemand
01.25.2013 , 12:19 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
Just cause your bad doesn't mean they should nerf anything.

You've probably never played a sin, have no idea what spec these assassin's are killing you in, and you have no valid argument. So keep Queing up and getting stompped on till you quit or L2P.
Nice reply. Go trip some more muscle milk son and come back when you have something constructive to say.

Also, I have an Assassin.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Expo-Nential
01.25.2013 , 12:24 PM | #78
OP likely just got rolled by a Shadow Hybrid (or two) and then came crying to the forums... stop me if you heard this one before
This hybrid spec isn't new (neither is the 0/24/17 and some guy named wakka didn't invent it) and has already been nerfed.
Even when people have tried to polietly show you the flaws in your logic, you resist... so...
Mr. OP, what you've just QQ'd about is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent responses were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

DweezillKagemand
01.25.2013 , 12:27 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Expo-Nential View Post
OP likely just got rolled by a Shadow Hybrid (or two) and then came crying to the forums... stop me if you heard this one before
This hybrid spec isn't new (neither is the 0/24/17 and some guy named wakka didn't invent it) and has already been nerfed.
Even when people have tried to polietly show you the flaws in your logic, you resist... so...
Mr. OP, what you've just QQ'd about is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent responses were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Next time you try to insult someone, don't steal half of it from a movie quote.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

cycao
01.25.2013 , 12:44 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
They have to encourage full 31 pts builds. The tier 3 talents should be less useful than tier 7 talents. Developers should be very careful what they put tier 3 and tier 4. A lot of stuff here is way too sensitive.

If wither is not good enough for tank sins to like, the chage it, make it more attractive than death field.
Well you might see more incentive for less hybrids depending on what direction they go with the the expansion.