Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

Scotland
01.25.2013 , 09:06 AM | #41
Noyou dweezill

DweezillKagemand
01.25.2013 , 09:10 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
Noyou dweezill
Get out
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

DarthBama
01.25.2013 , 09:40 AM | #44
Please tell us your spec, so we can help you out.

Vin_of_Vinheim
01.25.2013 , 09:48 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
Please tell us your spec, so we can help you out.
Yes and can someone please post the 0/27/14 spec for pvp? I would like to try it. Been running the tank/dps hybrid for awhile now.

VbNAsrikk
01.25.2013 , 09:55 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
Nerf it now.
it doesnt need to be nerfed any more thasn it alrdy is... if they do theat your just gonna see more deception shadows and then your gonna be all like "nerf the whole class" nerfing tank hybrids anymore than they are throws the shadow AC outta balance....
Might i ask what class your playing?

NamikazeNaruto
01.25.2013 , 10:04 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Vin_of_Vinheim View Post
Yes and can someone please post the 0/27/14 spec for pvp? I would like to try it. Been running the tank/dps hybrid for awhile now.
0/27/14(Infil/Balance DPS hybrid) http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/S...8cf780kf-8830f
Phantom Dusk - Assassin - Harbinger

Vin_of_Vinheim
01.25.2013 , 10:06 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
0/27/14(Infil/Balance DPS hybrid) http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/S...8cf780kf-8830f
Great. Thank you!

Atramar
01.25.2013 , 10:08 AM | #49
only thing 23/1/17 is good for is to ninja cap/pull + interrupt caps... you won't kill anything (unless a badie or drunk).
tank spec got nerfed big time, and if you still can't kill it.. then well... I won't be rude.
0/27/14 has far more power, but prodobly to many buttons for some people to use it's full potencial.
Even full tank is better then 23/1/17 in case of kill/death ratio.
But what do I know...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Siorac
01.25.2013 , 10:17 AM | #50
Why compare the spec to Marauders/Sentinels?

The problem of the Shadow 23/1/17 hybrid is that it does significantly more damage than either of the other two tank specs while having only slightly worse survivability than a Guardian and better than a Vanguard (as that is primarily a shield tank, lacking defensive CDs).

In a regular warzone if there's no Smasher or Pyrotech (unlikely but it happens) a well-played Shadow hybrid can put up better numbers than anyone. No Defense/Vigilance hybrid will do that, even in DPS gear. And tank gear doesn't help a lot...

So yeah, compared to the other two tank specs the 23/1/17 is OP (you can argue that they are somewhat worse healer guards than Guardians as that is true but the difference isn't really that big as the difference in damage output). It's also far more useful and effective than some of the DPS specs (Vigilance, Concealment, Telekinetic, Gunnery, Balance Sage, even Dirty Fighting).