Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

volander
01.29.2013 , 08:26 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I am taking a wild guess that you are a jug. Jug tanks are pretty amazing I am working on one now. They have and do things better than assassins and the damage when played right can be almost on par.
Playing Jugg heavily dependent on your team. Outside your mates is nothing special in the game for Juggernaut
¶|█╠╬╬╬╬╬╬╣°°██{▀PURE]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

DweezillKagemand
01.29.2013 , 09:29 AM | #152
Damn.
/10
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

DweezillKagemand
01.29.2013 , 09:30 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
oh hey, another nerf herding thread.

how about, no.
Nice input.

Now get out.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

DweezillKagemand
01.29.2013 , 09:32 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
Were they in DPS gear?

Yeah, thought so.

Also, this thread was a great read!
Nice assumption, they were in a mix actually, I asked him afterwards, He was also using a shield generator, with tank stance, with most of the points invested in a tank tree.

Half of these replies, not necessarily just the one I quoted, have failed to read my argument. I DO NOT WANT SURVIVABILITY NERFED and I think they were wrong in doing so. I believe, for a tank class, they are doing too much damage, at very little cost.

Stuff like Duplicity is too low in the tree and with 1 point invested gives great returns. I don't care if a tank spec is survivable, after all it is a tank, but I don't expect to see a tank hit me for 1/4 of my life.

Yeah.

Inb4 some rubbish 1vs1 reply
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

VbNAsrikk
01.29.2013 , 09:47 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
Nice assumption, they were in a mix actually, I asked him afterwards, He was also using a shield generator, with tank stance, with most of the points invested in a tank tree.

Half of these replies, not necessarily just the one I quoted, have failed to read my argument. I DO NOT WANT SURVIVABILITY NERFED and I think they were wrong in doing so. I believe, for a tank class, they are doing too much damage, at very little cost.

Stuff like Duplicity is too low in the tree and with 1 point invested gives great returns. I don't care if a tank spec is survivable, after all it is a tank, but I don't expect to see a tank hit me for 1/4 of my life.

Yeah.

Inb4 some rubbish 1vs1 reply
so then dont give them ur back! by giving them ur back or running from them they just do more dps.... especially with force slow and force speed you cant out run them... on top of that force pull so yeah by giving them ur back you just gave them their max dps bro....

DweezillKagemand
01.29.2013 , 09:51 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by VbNAsrikk View Post
so then dont give them ur back! by giving them ur back or running from them they just do more dps.... especially with force slow and force speed you cant out run them... on top of that force pull so yeah by giving them ur back you just gave them their max dps bro....
Extremely viable, at some point I am going to strafe away, allowing you to stab me. Also, just standing there and trying to fight someone when you're clearly going to lose is why most people suck at this game. You have to fall back at some point. Not to mention, you have a stun and a knockdown, it's pretty easy to get that Maul off.

You do know Assassins can move too right? Just standing still doesn't stop them from running behind you. Regardless, Maul works from a side-onish angle anyway.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Smuglebunny
01.29.2013 , 10:14 AM | #157
Lets also remember that sins are easy to play but difficult to play well.

Nerf down a toon with a high skill cap and no one will play it.. cough(op, scoundrel)

Sins are great characters with lots of utility but nothing about 23/1/17 the beginner undergeared utility spec is OP.

So far the only halfway reasonable problem u have with them is doing too much damage for a tank. But they are wearing DPS gear and stacking offensive stats.

Lol have you heard of 23/17/1? Its got almost no utility and is pretty much single target but its got MASSIVE survivability and heavy single target gank damage. More defence and offence than 23/1/17 but no utility.

Sins are versitile indeed.

ArchangelLBC
01.29.2013 , 10:20 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
It's a natural reaction when you see a class that has such an incredible versatility compared to other classes that are miles behind. Besides i would rather prefer more predictability in what they can throw at you. A carnage marauder, a PT, whatever other class you know exactly what you can expect from them, what they can use against you, what you should be aware against, what talents they have at their disposal. And all of these play complete differently, you cannot plan ahead how you will react to their moves.

Against assassins, his stance doesn't mean anything, a sin in tank stance could be a hybrid tank/deception with crazy survivability, or he could be the standard 27/1/13 or any other build or he could just be a pure tank. It means nothing.

I do not believe that this is in any way fair. I believe that this is a result of a class design failure when developers had no idea what exactly they want from a class, how should it perform what should be their weaknesses and strengths. They did it perfectly for Snipers, which makes me think that different people have been responssible for different classes. In this case i believe that the designer behind the assassins did a bad job.
The stance honestly does determine a lot though. Pretty much all of them are going to try to get behind you, so if you aren't a sniper you shouldn't let them. Only the infiltration line of hybrids has any truly appreciable burst. The balance line of hybrids are all super squishy. That leaves the tank hybrids. If you see one getting harnessed shadow stacks then you know they don't have instant force lift, if you see one using Force in Balance then they don't have slow time. The mind games are half the fun of the class though, and none of the hybrids are instantly dangerous in the zerg. Great node guards yes, but in the zerg none of the tank hybrids has the super burst DPS on their own.

Meanwhile I don't know what to expect from snipers at all till I see them use a few abilities. It's not significantly different to be honest. I can tell within about 2 GCDs what kind of spec an assassin is running, and what to expect from that spec. Learn how those specs work and then come back and tell me it's unfair.

I'll agree though that the classes were clearly designed by different groups who didn't talk to each other. Again, just look at commando and tell me they were balanced for the same game as everyone else.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Glower
01.29.2013 , 10:40 AM | #159
Lol, NO! But buff jugg and powertech tanks!
Aaaaaand buff mercs ofc!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Atramar
01.29.2013 , 11:11 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Lol, NO! But buff jugg and powertech tanks!
Aaaaaand buff mercs ofc!
I always wondered, how to buff mercs.
They have self heal (PT doesnt), now they have 30 m interrupt 12 s and mezz (pt have only 10 meter interrupt but on 8s cd)...
make abilities instant? already did, it's called powertech but...
hey, uncle Atramar, but PT is 4-10 meters and I want 30 m...
well, charlie, if u want mobile 30 meters range char, go sniper lethality...
but uncle Atramar, sniper has to many buttons and no 1 minute pve mezz and no self healz..
well charlie, tought, every class has pros and cons... you don't like how mercs/commandos work, roll other char.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013