Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

NoTomorrow
01.26.2013 , 11:59 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Zataos View Post
The were already nerfed a while ago and brought into line, they are fine, Rage (Both) and Pyro (Power Tech) are really the only two trees/specs that need adjusting down atm, Arsenal Mercs could use a boost, and the bubble stun skill itself needs to be toned down.
What exactly you don't like about Pyrotech? It's one of the only 4 specs in the entire game that can kill a healer. In fact with current state of buble stuns Carnage is out of the question for this job. Without Pyrotech we might just as well all roll healers in PvP.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Herem
01.26.2013 , 12:37 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
Wrong, 30% armor penetration and the cooldown reduce on smash when using assaults or force scream only works when in Shii-cho.
But Smash doesn't take armor into account, as it's a Force effect for kinetic damage. I know that there are certain skills that require being in Shii-Cho to activate, but a 4-charge Shockwave Smash is not one of them.

NoTomorrow
01.26.2013 , 12:43 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Herem View Post
But Smash doesn't take armor into account, as it's a Force effect for kinetic damage. I know that there are certain skills that require being in Shii-Cho to activate, but a 4-charge Shockwave Smash is not one of them.
Smash does kinetic damage which is mitigated by armor. This is why Shii-Cho armor penetration increases the smash damage.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Herem
01.26.2013 , 12:45 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Smash does kinetic damage which is mitigated by armor. This is why Shii-Cho armor penetration increases the smash damage.
Fleh, getting conflicting info here.

RankorSSGS
01.26.2013 , 03:26 PM | #125
This is true. And anyone notice the OP's sig yet? Top hatin' player. Hmmmm... Fitting?

Altheran
01.26.2013 , 04:00 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
also, there's tank stance which means that their armor rating and damage reduction will be FAR higher than that of a Pyrotech.
Ahem, with both at WH level, does the 38.25% of damage reduction a Kinetic Shadow with Jedi resistance and Stasis (out of 23/1/17 spec - 36.22% without it) have, seem that far higher to you than the 31.36% that a Pyro who don't take Power Armor have ?

You know, here, being "a tank" is very relative. I personally don't have ever seen a lower dmg reduction for a tank.

NamikazeNaruto
01.27.2013 , 02:18 PM | #127
It's a natural reaction when you see a class that has such an incredible versatility compared to other classes that are miles behind. Besides i would rather prefer more predictability in what they can throw at you. A carnage marauder, a PT, whatever other class you know exactly what you can expect from them, what they can use against you, what you should be aware against, what talents they have at their disposal. And all of these play complete differently, you cannot plan ahead how you will react to their moves.

Against assassins, his stance doesn't mean anything, a sin in tank stance could be a hybrid tank/deception with crazy survivability, or he could be the standard 27/1/13 or any other build or he could just be a pure tank. It means nothing.

I do not believe that this is in any way fair. I believe that this is a result of a class design failure when developers had no idea what exactly they want from a class, how should it perform what should be their weaknesses and strengths. They did it perfectly for Snipers, which makes me think that different people have been responssible for different classes. In this case i believe that the designer behind the assassins did a bad job.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=591260

Four different specs talked about in detail. These are just the different TANK specs available to a shadow. This isn't even counting 0/27/14, 14/4/23, 5/5/31, Full Infil spec, etc...

Danapa
01.27.2013 , 04:15 PM | #128
You cant nerf them unless a complete redesign of the inquisitor/consular class was made because this is a desing problem the devs said oh they wear light armor lets give em lots of tools to compensate 1 year later we all know that heavy armor means nothing in pvp thats why the trooper class has 1 defensive cd and no utility at all.

A class that can root sprint Stealth become inmune to tech damage and cc aoe knockbac can mezz 2 ppl with mind maze and force lift hook if specced self heal and be tankish in dps gear needs to be looked at seriously or give troopers and other classes that has NOTHING compared to this one some tools

KettleBelll
01.27.2013 , 04:36 PM | #129
What exactly you don't like about Pyrotech? It's one of the only 4 specs in the entire game that can kill a healer. In fact with current state of buble stuns Carnage is out of the question for this job. Without Pyrotech we might just as well all roll healers in PvP.
Lots of truth in this post.

JP_Legatus
01.27.2013 , 04:38 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Danapa View Post
You cant nerf them unless a complete redesign of the inquisitor/consular class was made because this is a desing problem the devs said oh they wear light armor lets give em lots of tools to compensate 1 year later we all know that heavy armor means nothing in pvp thats why the trooper class has 1 defensive cd and no utility at all.

A class that can root sprint Stealth become inmune to tech damage and cc aoe knockbac can mezz 2 ppl with mind maze and force lift hook if specced self heal and be tankish in dps gear needs to be looked at seriously or give troopers and other classes that has NOTHING compared to this one some tools
Let me know when assassins are used for more than node guarding
/thread
Plaje - 65 PVP Assassin
http://www.twitch.tv/plajje