Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

J.J. Abrams Directing Star Wars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
J.J. Abrams Directing Star Wars

Pirana
01.25.2013 , 06:44 PM | #51
Oscar winning Writer at the helm.
Emmy winning Director at the helm.

I like those odds.
Beta - April 16, 2014 (Retired)
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

Hardwear
01.25.2013 , 07:34 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
Oscar winning Writer at the helm.
Emmy winning Director at the helm.

I like those odds.

Someone posted on IGN that the J.J. in Abrams name may as well stand for Jar Jar if he screws this up.

LOL
Squadron: 1020 367

LordOfTheDance
01.25.2013 , 09:02 PM | #53
Mixed feelings about this. I think Abrams gets good performances out of actors (something prequels sorely lacked), but all of his stuff looks too clean and fake. Star Wars should look gritty and lived in, that was its original charm and was something I hoped would return to the new films.

Also if there is shacky cam I won't be able to see the film as it makes me massively ill, it is just stupid.

Lore-Master
01.25.2013 , 09:21 PM | #54
This guy is the worst choice to direct the next Star Wars film....he made Star Trek the movie...wow dang Trek fans are everywhere nowadays. Star Wars must be directed by someone who respects the entire saga of Star Wars. And let that Abrams stick with Star Trek because he would destroy the new Star Wars movie given the chance. Trek directors like him needs to stay away from the WARS ( Any Star Wars Based Franchise )!!!

Pirana
01.25.2013 , 10:07 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardwear View Post
Someone posted on IGN that the J.J. in Abrams name may as well stand for Jar Jar if he screws this up.

LOL
Opportunity of a life time.

I saw Conan awhile back, and if I'm not mistaken, could have sworn he was asked about directing one of these, and at the time, he wasn't interested. It doesn't get any bigger than this for a director. If successful, this will catapult this guy into the upper echelon of directors, a door in which he's already knocking on.

Love him or hate him, it is what it is, he will be directing the next Star Wars, lets hope he's successful.
Beta - April 16, 2014 (Retired)
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

Drudenfusz
01.25.2013 , 11:42 PM | #56

LOL
I don't think he don't have to screw it up to get much hate. Star Wars fans tend to be horrible people, who hate just about everything.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Path-x
01.26.2013 , 05:29 AM | #57
Well people put too much weight on a director like he is the one that defines most of the film. In fact writers are far more important here. Writers basically define the storyline, scenes, characters and drama. While the director is crucial for the acting performances I think Star Wars was never really about great acting.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Pscyon
01.26.2013 , 06:32 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I don't think he don't have to screw it up to get much hate. Star Wars fans tend to be horrible people, who hate just about everything.
My guess is everyone who hated episodes 1-3 will also hate 7-9. And apparently it's mandatory to hate the prequels if you're a "true" fan... I'm glad I am not. I like all 6 movies.
Sith Sorcerer

Beniboybling
01.26.2013 , 06:40 AM | #59

LOL
Ha ha! So, so true. I personally, look forward to the sequels, especially now.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
My guess is everyone who hated episodes 1-3 will also hate 7-9. And apparently it's mandatory to hate the prequels if you're a "true" fan... I'm glad I am not. I like all 6 movies.
I second and third this motion, those snobbish 'fans' can get lost.

Caspian_Rho
01.26.2013 , 06:57 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
What a ridiculous conclusion - The prequels were hated every bit as much by the mainstream audience as they were by the hardcore fans. The only difference being the mainstream flock such as yourself moved on...
... the search continues for an actual Star Wars MMO - your stories are weak old man... not to mention races, bugs, quests, features, pvp and on and on and on