Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

J.J. Abrams Directing Star Wars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
J.J. Abrams Directing Star Wars

Talarchy's Avatar


Talarchy
01.29.2013 , 07:41 PM | #131
He did a good job on Star Trek, hopefully he does the same with SW.
Re-subscribed SWTOR.. my server is empty and I can't pay for a transfer. Woo hoo, thanks bioware.

Hardwear's Avatar


Hardwear
01.29.2013 , 08:02 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
i think he realizes he is getting too old for Indiana Jones, but he sees A LOT more $$$ with star wars, plus i feel like it could be passing the baton to the new characters.

i would love to see luke running the jedi academy and would absolutely LOVE seeing kyle katarn in at least one of the movies
My feelings are mixed about the prospect of the original cast returning, but here's one of the articles from last November that started the rumors flying.
Squadron: 1020 367

MiaRB's Avatar


MiaRB
01.30.2013 , 10:46 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardwear View Post
Among all the other opinionated, guess-timation in your posts I found your latest conjecture highlighted in yellow the most interesting.

"make no mistake" "just accept it" "its the same thing as with the trek movie" Why? ..because you said so?

This is the internet and though I realize that people feel empowered by anonymity don't go thinking people will "just accept" anything you or anyone else says without some type of reliability, validity or citation to backup your argument.
dont have to accept what i say. instead you can go learn a bit about how movies are made, the proccess on how they are made. Arbams is Producer/Director, his partner Burk is a producer and JJ's production company Bad Robot is the production company. for anyone to argue that JJ is just going to be basically directing actors is just crazy. again, learn how movies are made, the whole proccess from start to finish. then you will understand what all those tittles mean and you wont have to take my word for it or "accept" what i say. or, you and others can keep believing that Kennedy and Lucasfilm are creating everything and JJ is hired on just to direct actor performances.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Drudenfusz's Avatar


Drudenfusz
01.30.2013 , 12:39 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by lazze View Post
its all good him doing but what comes first star wars or star trek 3 ??......
My guess is Star Wars. Took them 4 years between the two Star Trek movies, don't think that will go faster with the next one, especially since he J.J. Abrams said he is leabing Star Trek, so that needs a new director first.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

maxetius's Avatar


maxetius
01.30.2013 , 12:46 PM | #135
Can't sink any lower than the Phantom Menace. Just saw it on TV and man that was one atrocious movie. Bad Acting [from excellent actors so you know something is Fd up] bad storytelling, Jar Jar, the list goes on.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.30.2013 , 12:47 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by MiaRB View Post
dont have to accept what i say. instead you can go learn a bit about how movies are made, the proccess on how they are made. Arbams is Producer/Director, his partner Burk is a producer and JJ's production company Bad Robot is the production company. for anyone to argue that JJ is just going to be basically directing actors is just crazy. again, learn how movies are made, the whole proccess from start to finish. then you will understand what all those tittles mean and you wont have to take my word for it or "accept" what i say. or, you and others can keep believing that Kennedy and Lucasfilm are creating everything and JJ is hired on just to direct actor performances.
Will you just accept that Kennedy and Lucasfilm are co-producing? Its a fact! And no one is saying J.J is just a director, but he doesn't have absolute power either. Far from it.

And that poll looks positive, nice to see people like MiaRB are the minority.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.30.2013 , 12:48 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
Can't sink any lower than the Phantom Menace. Just saw it on TV and man that was one atrocious movie. Bad Acting [from excellent actors so you know something is Fd up] bad storytelling, Jar Jar, the list goes on.
Lol, true, you can't really get any worse than Jar Jar. You have to admit though the end fight scene was awesome.

And Ian McDiarmid as always, was great.

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
01.30.2013 , 01:21 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardwear View Post
IGN

Wired

USA TODAY

So what does ToR community think of the news, Abrams was obviously good for Star Trek is he just as well suited for Star Wars or do you think one guy taking on two of most iconic space franchises in history is too much for one guy?

Also with the immanent marketing zerg in the wake of these new movies what will be the effect on ToR since this is the only MMO representation of the galaxy far far away?

Will EA/Bioware be able to capitalize "hopefully in a good way"?
SWTOR is the only MMO representation of the galaxy far far away if you mean in terms of servers being alive yes. I predict no effect on SWTOR since the movies will not take place pre-skywalker era they take place after Luke becomes Grand Jedi Master, as the only jedi that are left is Luke and Leia(At least as far as we know). I do predict a new SW mmo, made for SW 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 movies. Now this will effect SWTOR in a bad way, a possibility of losing costumers, declines etc. It will bring competition between the two SW mmos to get the best out of each other which is effecting in a good way.

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
01.30.2013 , 01:25 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
Can't sink any lower than the Phantom Menace. Just saw it on TV and man that was one atrocious movie. Bad Acting [from excellent actors so you know something is Fd up] bad storytelling, Jar Jar, the list goes on.
So you must be this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

MiaRB's Avatar


MiaRB
01.30.2013 , 03:31 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Will you just accept that Kennedy and Lucasfilm are co-producing? Its a fact! And no one is saying J.J is just a director, but he doesn't have absolute power either. Far from it.

And that poll looks positive, nice to see people like MiaRB are the minority.
not sure why you are hung up on Kennedy/lucasfilm co-producing. yes that is true. that is not the issue. the issue is... this isnt ESB where lucas was creating everything with someone else directing the shooting of the movie. im sure youve seen any of the "making off" vids, where you see lucas and his people from lucasfilm doing story boards and all that stuff. well, that is what JJ and his group will be doing amoung other things. the movie will be JJ's vision and its foolish to try to diminish how big of a role he has.
can't wait for this game to come out!