Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sticky: Re: PTS Character Copy On Your Account Page

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Sticky: Re: PTS Character Copy On Your Account Page
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
01.24.2013 , 08:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
It's Soon!!()

But, yeah one would think that this may mean Payed Transfers soon. But, based on past performance there is no way within reason that this will directly correlete to Payed Transfers.
These two sentences seem kinda contradictory to me.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
01.24.2013 , 08:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I wish they would give us something, even a rough timeline would be fine...to let us know if its even worth it to keep waiting for transfers.
They don't do things like that because looking at endless forum posts about "When is X feature coming?" is infinitely preferable to endless forum posts about "ZOMG you promised us X feature on Tuesday and it's still not here on Thursday!"

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
01.24.2013 , 08:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
They don't do things like that because looking at endless forum posts about "When is X feature coming?" is infinitely preferable to endless forum posts about "ZOMG you promised us X feature on Tuesday and it's still not here on Thursday!"
I know, people are immature like that...thats why all I am asking for is a rough estimate. I just would like to know if it is worth it to continue to wait or if I should just proceed as if there would not be transfers.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
01.25.2013 , 02:00 PM | #14
But apparently that is too much to ask for as well.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Urael's Avatar


Urael
01.25.2013 , 02:22 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
These two sentences seem kinda contradictory to me.
There is no contradiction.

First Sentence: Good natured ribbing of another long time poster.

Second Sentence: What I would like to happen.

Third Sentence: What is more likely to happen.

No contradictions. Just musings.

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
01.25.2013 , 02:37 PM | #16
Ah yea, I guess I can see it that way rereading it.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
01.25.2013 , 03:02 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
thats why all I am asking for is a rough estimate.
And the exact same thing I said would happen so that's why they don't do it.

If they said, "We're hoping to double the size of the game world by 2015," people would 1) keep asking when the game world will be doubled in size almost every day until Jan 1, 2015, 2) begin asking if every patch beginning on Jan 1, 2015 was the one that would double the size of the game world, and 3) complain that the devs lied to us because the game world is only 98% larger on Dec 31, 2015.

This is exactly the reason they rarely ever say anything more than "soon" when it comes to timelines.
And that is, in the case of the transfer system, exactly the rough timeline you have been given for them.

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
01.25.2013 , 03:22 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
And the exact same thing I said would happen so that's why they don't do it.

If they said, "We're hoping to double the size of the game world by 2015," people would 1) keep asking when the game world will be doubled in size almost every day until Jan 1, 2015, 2) begin asking if every patch beginning on Jan 1, 2015 was the one that would double the size of the game world, and 3) complain that the devs lied to us because the game world is only 98% larger on Dec 31, 2015.

This is exactly the reason they rarely ever say anything more than "soon" when it comes to timelines.
And that is, in the case of the transfer system, exactly the rough timeline you have been given for them.
I guess you are right, but I still wish they would give us something so that I could at least decide to either continue to wait or to just play as if there were not going to be transfers.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
01.25.2013 , 03:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I guess you are right, but I still wish they would give us something so that I could at least decide to either continue to wait or to just play as if there were not going to be transfers.
The answer is obvious: Play as if there will never, ever be transfers.

When they finally do have transfers, it's not like you won't be allowed to do it because you kept playing or you'll be stripped of everything you've earned between now and then.

It's a videogame. Play it or don't play it, but don't just sit around waiting for something that could be months away.

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
01.25.2013 , 03:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
The answer is obvious: Play as if there will never, ever be transfers.

When they finally do have transfers, it's not like you won't be allowed to do it because you kept playing or you'll be stripped of everything you've earned between now and then.

It's a videogame. Play it or don't play it, but don't just sit around waiting for something that could be months away.
My old server has at least 20 million worth of credits and materials that I really do not want to have to regrind if transfers are going to be soon.

My old server's legacy has a lot of buffs that I really do not want to regrind and that I would really like to have before I start any new alts.

I get what you are saying, but the fact that these are just sitting there unused really makes it hard for me to get excited about the game, other than raiding on my main.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.