Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sticky: Re: PTS Character Copy On Your Account Page

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Sticky: Re: PTS Character Copy On Your Account Page
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Icebergy
01.23.2013 , 07:48 PM | #1
Quote:
As many of you may notice when you log into your account page on swtor.com, there is a new section for “PTS Character Copy”. We’ll be opening up Public Test Server for play testing soon and this link is open in preparation for this. For now, although it will appear to perform all of the actions required to copy a character, the system will not be functional until the Public Test Server is opened. That is, you cannot copy your characters onto PTS until PTS is opened up. Thanks!
Does this mean server transfers soon!? Please? PLEASE?!
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

veyl
01.23.2013 , 08:21 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Does this mean server transfers soon!? Please? PLEASE?!
You know Soon* in Bioware speak is 6 months to a Year, right?

Rankyn
01.23.2013 , 08:49 PM | #3
The producer's note a couple of weeks ago said that this was the initial phase of the technology that would allow for server transfers.

Don't expect to see it for several months, though.

Icebergy
01.23.2013 , 11:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
The producer's note a couple of weeks ago said that this was the initial phase of the technology that would allow for server transfers.

Don't expect to see it for several months, though.
I know, this is why I am hoping that we are getting close to transfers.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Icebergy
01.24.2013 , 09:36 AM | #5
I have been waiting to combine my legacies for what...8 months now? I really hope they are soon because I am seriously running low on patience.

cycao
01.24.2013 , 09:43 AM | #6
Well I am sure this will be more or less a test for paid server transfers.

BJWyler
01.24.2013 , 09:55 AM | #7
Yes. Though your definition of "soon" may not be the same as BW's. I believe they said that this mechanic is the testing ground for the eventual CM paid for transfer service. So, I expect if things go well with character copy to the PTS, then we will probably see the transfers hit the CM within a couple of months. If not, then probably not until later in the Spring.

BJ
Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

Wretched Hive Recap The premier SWTOR Forum Discussion Show

Icebergy
01.24.2013 , 10:52 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
I believe they said that this mechanic is the testing ground for the eventual CM paid for transfer service.
Yea I know, thats why I am getting my hopes up...I guess I probably shouldn't though...

Icebergy
01.24.2013 , 01:27 PM | #9
I wish they would give us something, even a rough timeline would be fine...to let us know if its even worth it to keep waiting for transfers.

Not having them is really starting to negatively affect my enjoyment of SWTOR. I have been holding off on rolling new alts and playing old alts because of this. Not to mention all the credits and other resources I have leftover on my old server that I could really use on my new server.

Urael
01.24.2013 , 01:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
You know Soon* in Bioware speak is 6 months to a Year, right?
It's Soon!!(™)

But, yeah one would think that this may mean Payed Transfers soon. But, based on past performance there is no way within reason that this will directly correlete to Payed Transfers.