Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is reporting rude behavior even worth it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Is reporting rude behavior even worth it?

Radzkie
01.23.2013 , 06:30 PM | #1
I am not sure if reporting rude behavior in general chat is worth it. I've been playing this game for a year now, and have yet to report anyone for it, since I generally ignore rude people and try not to get involved in any "fights" I see in the game. So I'd like to get any of the communities opinions that I can get on the subject. Even if it's just one person.

The reason I ask is because I recently got attacked. For anyone who cares to know more detail:

Spoiler

Of course I ignored this user.

TheBBP
01.23.2013 , 06:34 PM | #2
I report every time. The reports do get seen and they do add up.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Radzkie
01.23.2013 , 06:46 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I report every time. The reports do get seen and they do add up.
Thanks for the reply.

Hmm...well I guess it doesn't hurt to report it either.

Talarchy
01.23.2013 , 10:34 PM | #4
It seems to depend on the server you are on (I know it shouldn't) but I have found servers with lower population get away with less, whereas the Prophecy of the 5... wow, im amazed at the stuff I've seen in general chat that goes unpunished.
Re-subscribed SWTOR.. my server is empty and I can't pay for a transfer. Woo hoo, thanks bioware.

Kabjat
01.24.2013 , 11:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
I am not sure if reporting rude behavior in general chat is worth it. I've been playing this game for a year now, and have yet to report anyone for it, since I generally ignore rude people and try not to get involved in any "fights" I see in the game. So I'd like to get any of the communities opinions that I can get on the subject. Even if it's just one person.

The reason I ask is because I recently got attacked. For anyone who cares to know more detail:

Spoiler

Of course I ignored this user.
Reporting this type of behavior is the only way there will ever be a hope of a decrease in it. The reason is because I'm pretty sure Bioware doesn't police chat. If enough of these people are slapped with suspensions, or even permabans for repeat offenses, then maybe they will learn that there actually ARE consequences for behaving like anonymous beastly savages.

Even if little Jimmy is allowed to spout off at his mother with that mouth (in this day and age, it's entirely possible) he shouldn't get away with it in public. Yes....for all of you out there who embrace an entitlement mentality, PUBLIC INCLUDES THE INTERNET.

Change can happen if people who CARE about decency PUSH BACK.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaltom View Post
Are you playing TOR on an Atari Potato?

Radzkie
01.24.2013 , 01:04 PM | #6
You're right Kabjat... I will be reporting things like this from now on.

I reported this user, and my ticket was already answered. I'm very happy.

Thanks for the replies.

Washingtoon
01.24.2013 , 04:14 PM | #7
I recieved a warning not that long as ago so someone is obviously looking at it. Not sure how much they are looking into it though because as far as I could remember I had never said anything offensive to anyone with the exception of a borderline comment in a warzone. I basically told my team mates to get their stuff together, I didn't curse and I didnt direct it toward an individual person. Now, I believe a premade was on the recieving end of my comment and that they all reported me and perhaps also told their guildies to do so. Such a BS move.

Personally I think that warzones should be a safe haven. You should be able to take out your frustration and tell other people to man-up. There should obviously be some restrictions, such as threats and racial slurs, but that's about it.
As for the fleet and planets, I have pretty low tolerance for BS in general chat. I'm not reporting people for it but I just don't see any reason for arguing there.

dermitni
01.24.2013 , 04:15 PM | #8
I agree, reporting such behaviour is the only way. Also, ignoring rude players (node thieves, security chest thieves etc.) has proven really valuable to me. I just hope, the ignore list has no limit...

Cheers, Niko
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard
Jung Ma: Lythe Vodaine - Jedi Healer

Kabjat
01.24.2013 , 06:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by dermitni View Post
I agree, reporting such behaviour is the only way. Also, ignoring rude players (node thieves, security chest thieves etc.) has proven really valuable to me. I just hope, the ignore list has no limit...

Cheers, Niko
From what I understand, the ignore feature DOES have a limit....not sure what that limit is, however I have heard many people say they have maxed the thing out without having to try too hard.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaltom View Post
Are you playing TOR on an Atari Potato?

dermitni
01.25.2013 , 02:02 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabjat View Post
maxed the thing out without having to try too hard.
Hehehe... Yeah, there really ARE a lot of people behaving ignore-worthy out there. Oh well, as I think that putting a (low) limit on such a vital feature can only be done by mistake, I'll start sending bug reports about the limit once I reach it - on a daily basis.
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard
Jung Ma: Lythe Vodaine - Jedi Healer