Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Esseles bug is back

Obi_Tawn
02.12.2013 , 09:16 PM | #31
This should have been fixed by now ?
It's not important enough to be seen on the known bugs list and has no official topic as far as i can see.
Alt tabbing out of a full screen view helps with my CTD at the end convo, but that is NO reason to keep this sequence broken like this.

Styxx
02.13.2013 , 02:40 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
This is a known bug that only affects certain models of certain video cards of a certain manufacturer. This is not something Bioware can fix, it is solely a driver/hardware issue.
I never had crashes.. EVER.

Now I am 100% sure I crash entering hyperspace when I finish Black Talon. Also Foundry, at the first dialogue, when they enter hypergate, following a certain patch.

So, no, it`s not hardware.. it`s crap client and said client owners`s incompetence.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Garranger
02.15.2013 , 08:08 AM | #33
I find going into windowed so I can minimize the gamewindow fixes the bug for me, but you really have to minimize, so no skipping the conversation for the rest of the group sadly.
Agent Raskus Dolk What is the difference between a successful illusion and the truth?

Jedi_riches
02.15.2013 , 03:35 PM | #34
I never really knew what the esseles bug was until tonight, just entering hyperspace and nothing even better when I log back in no xp for empleting the quest and no credits and reset the whole quest in my log to the begining. AHHHHH.

I only run the esseles once before with my Jedi Consular and nothing happened that time. Might stop running them at all if these type of issues are not fixed.

KBerling
02.16.2013 , 11:46 AM | #35
It is really sad that both Esseles and Black Talon are subject to hyperspcae CTD for so many players, me included. I CTD 95% of the time and have tried all the workarounds. But that's not the only problem with these flashpoints.

With Esseles, the flash loads at Ironfist about 1/4 the time. And in Talon, I've seen many players CTD on the long run to the shuttle right before the finish.

Somebody in the group will CTD somewhere during Esseles and BT almost every single time.

I agree completely with the comment that BW should consider these 2 flashpooints as being the most important in the game since it is the first introduction to the real game for new players. Somebody upstairs obviously doesn't get it.

I've submitted tickets several times and plan to continue. I would encourage everyone to do the same. This problem doesn't only effect the CTD victim, it also inconveniences those left wondering what to do about their CTD'd group member.

CommanderKeeva
02.16.2013 , 05:59 PM | #36
It's extremely disappointing that after several months the Esseles/Black Talon/Foundry hyperspace crash is still around. I noticed that workarounds don't seem to work anymore.

What I would suggest is just asking your teammates in advance to wait for you before they travel to Fleet/Capital world and give you time to log back in. Since you get your rewards after selecting your destination, it should give you enough time to log back in and get the credit for the mission.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

michaelkdaw
02.20.2013 , 06:55 PM | #37
That's what I do. Just tell everyone that the game is going to crash and that I'll be right back. The sad thing is that rarely do you meet someone who hasn't either seen it happen to someone or has it happen to them. What a joke.

Why can't they fix this?

Irxyyy
02.21.2013 , 12:49 AM | #38
I just quit whenever I'm grouped for Essels or Black Talon. It sucks for the group, but its just too annoying to crash.

Btw this bug was present on release, then fixed, and later reintroduced again - which is obviously a case of sloppy resource versions management. Just like they "forgot" several times to actually include 1/3 of fixes from the early patches into the game.
// believing is bleeding

DreadzKaiser
02.21.2013 , 02:11 AM | #39
it really is an embarasment to not have fixed something so friggin gamebreaking.....ok maybe not game breaking, but its friggin important for lowbies who want that shiny orange weapon and armor for their newly advanced class

Im fortunate enough to never have ran into this problem.....yet...for what little difference it makes, i crash all the time, usually on loading or on the fleet, friggin Vista
some of my toons (4/11) are nearing the level to run foundry, so it would be nice if this gets fixed soon.....
to bad its obvious where Bios priorities are...that *********** Cartel Market
A human being should be able to plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects

GuardYoGrill
02.22.2013 , 08:07 AM | #40
I crash 99% of the time at the hyperspace cut scene at the end of BT. Very annoying. I know it's not my rig