Esseles bug is back

Space bar as fast as you can right after you select yes or no.

Tried that, doesn't work. Still CTD. Tabbing out, still CTD. Window Mode, CTD.However, so long as you're still in a group you seem to log back in after the event. Leave the group and you're knackered, you'll be stuck in Esseles, unable to complete and you'll be forced to exit without receiving your SP.

I saw this last night but it was affecting the person in my group rather than me, so I suspect it is a local issue rather than a game issue. I went through the cut scene without him in the end which let us finish.

Maybe running a repair on the game files or re-installing the game might help? Could even be a driver issue if the last patch contained video updates or any kind.

I saw this last night but it was affecting the person in my group rather than me, so I suspect it is a local issue rather than a game issue. I went through the cut scene without him in the end which let us finish.

Maybe running a repair on the game files or re-installing the game might help? Could even be a driver issue if the last patch contained video updates or any kind.

That was the first thing I did. Didn't make a difference. I also just ran it just now and both of us crashed. Now I'm stuck in Esseles and forced to exit without SP.

Edited by Ulfrik_Wulfgar

beg to differ on the card issue. my friend and I ran this a couple of weeks ago and it was fine. she ran it with her husband on the weekend - it was fine.

today we ran it and it keeps crashing. this is not a card or hardware issue - this is definitely a *game* issue.

edited to add: end convo lags like hell and so does party chat - when *inside* the instance.

Edited by Caereth

I had a guarantied crash in Black Talon when the game released, now after a year I came back to play a republic character this time, and have a guarantied crash in Essels. Something is seriosly broken in those 2 starter flashpoints, since I never crash anywhere else in the game.

This is not a local error, and it afects several types of machines and/or vídeo cards... The bug exists...

^ This.

My roomie and I have the same problem with Esseles, it happens about 95% of the time. However, we have two completely different rigs, so someone saying, "it's just one model of one brand..." is blowing smoke up their ***.

Anyway, I don't expect this to be fixed, so I just skip Esseles now.

LOL you work for BioWare CS? :D Repair does not fix it. This is a bug introduced in a patch. I think 1.5 and yet to be fixed. It affects a significant number of people.

Last convo kept CTD until I finally managed to spam space and 1 to get through it before it CTD again, logged back in and was at option to choose course which worked.

Repeatably successful.

Cutscene will still fall apart and crash the game but you complete before it can do that.

Edited by Gyronamics

In the past this has crashed during the "jump to hyperspace" animation, and you would just crash, relog, and complete it (or use one of the workarounds, like minimizing the window or spamming spacebar and praying).

I just finished it for the first time in a few weeks, crashed DURING the conversation (not as it was ending) and was booted from my group AND the flashpoint when I logged back in. No rewards, no progress saved.

My question: how the HELL is this not listed in the "known issues"? And for those saying it's a hardware issue, if the flashpoint worked at one point, and now doesn't--despite zero changes in my computer configuration--that's not on my end.

Also got the lovely "stuck under the floor" bug during the midboss droid fight, am 2 for 2 on that one too.

At this point The Esseles is to be avoided like the plague IMHO.

Never had the issue happen with me, but I've seen it happen with others.

What I do is:

1. Ask if someone is prone to crash during the conversation.
  2. If someone says it happens, I explain to the group that that player will crash during the conversation and that we should complete the conversation and then WAIT for the person to log back on.
  3. Once the player has logged back on we access the last console and choose the destination (Fleet or Capital Planet).

That way everyone gets to complete it.

If you prone to crashing, explain "2" above to your group and then hope they wait for you before accessing the last console.

I think both as both start with a console on a bridge that travel to somewhere else, don't they? I want to say you're right that it's a Foundry, but I also got this is boarding party last night as well.

BP doesn't start with a sequence of that, if I'm not completely mistaken, maybe I just skipped it fast enough every time ^^

I've had this bug everytime i have run esseles since patch 1.5 and it's not just me, most if not all of the people i find in group finder have the same issue.

what's the deal? why is there no fix? how has such a crippling bug gone unfixed for so long!? poor effort here