Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Stuck at "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck at "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.25.2013 , 09:43 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by KrishnaeMarcelle View Post
I installed this update last night!
Before i head off to bed there is a very rare instance that can occur on 64 bit windows, this has to do with the 64 bit version of java being installed and causing buffer overruns which creates corruption in the install itself.

If you happen to have 64 bit java , remove it and install the latest 32bit version of java from here.

http://www.java.com/en/download/ie_manual.jsp?locale=en this is rare but with windows 8 who knows.

KrishnaeMarcelle's Avatar


KrishnaeMarcelle
01.25.2013 , 09:48 AM | #92
It worked, but here's what I had to do:

I have two computers at home: my one and another of my husband. Just had my problems, so I copied the game folder from my husband's computer to my computer and "Vualá"!, The problem was solved!
Wayii, ni mirdala dalal'ika!

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.25.2013 , 09:50 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by KrishnaeMarcelle View Post
It worked, but here's what I had to do:

I have two computers at home: my one and another of my husband. Just had my problems, so I copied the game folder from my husband's computer to my computer and "Vualá"!, The problem was solved!
That works , less stressful too I actually was thinking of asking if you could do that

starcckwalker's Avatar


starcckwalker
01.25.2013 , 10:49 AM | #94
So copying a working swtor folder just happens to work ? Now tell me why the hell Bioware can't put a working install folder somewhere for us to download ? Is it too complicated ? Why the f- does the installer keeps crashing while you can just COPY FILES. This is beyond madness

Jofunukun's Avatar


Jofunukun
01.25.2013 , 12:04 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by KrishnaeMarcelle View Post
It worked, but here's what I had to do:

I have two computers at home: my one and another of my husband. Just had my problems, so I copied the game folder from my husband's computer to my computer and "Vualá"!, The problem was solved!
I'm trying this next, patching right now and copying files to my phone to copy back to my pc from my brothers newly patched version..

Jofunukun's Avatar


Jofunukun
01.25.2013 , 01:03 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Jofunukun View Post
I'm trying this next, patching right now and copying files to my phone to copy back to my pc from my brothers newly patched version..
`
It works! Even tho my brother purchased his game via Origin, it let me copy, patch and now play like it should've.

lokozar's Avatar


lokozar
01.25.2013 , 05:14 PM | #97
Old problem. The patcher gets really angry if you rename ANY file. I renamed the "LoadingScreen.jpg" to "LoadingScreen.jpg.old" under "\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\LoadingScreens", so it doesn't block my screen every freakin' time. But that causes this exact problem mentioned here. So I have to rename it every time to "LoadingScreen.jpg", until the new patch is applied.

Just give it (or any file you renamed) its old name and let the game patch again. It should work then.
IRIS - Inter Rim Investigation Service
<<Imperiale RP-Gilde auf Vanjervalis Chain>>

Jofunukun's Avatar


Jofunukun
01.25.2013 , 06:22 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by lokozar View Post
Old problem. The patcher gets really angry if you rename ANY file. I renamed the "LoadingScreen.jpg" to "LoadingScreen.jpg.old" under "\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\LoadingScreens", so it doesn't block my screen every freakin' time. But that causes this exact problem mentioned here. So I have to rename it every time to "LoadingScreen.jpg", until the new patch is applied.

Just give it (or any file you renamed) its old name and let the game patch again. It should work then.
I had not renamed anything, the only thing that I did do is delte the retailversion thingy file.. Now that I have it back it's fine again!