Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problem whet update!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Klarick
01.23.2013 , 02:01 PM | #11
Had the same problems guys. I don;t know if you use the malicious code known as "SWTOR UNLEASHED", but if you do please try removing it from your computer. I tried everything the CS told me to do and nothing worked UNTIL I removed SWTOR UNLEASHED> Once removed , it all worked well.

Not sure if it will help you but it did me.

Beware of amateur "programmers". They create problems like this.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

tehblade
01.23.2013 , 02:03 PM | #12
Anyone stuck at "installing game client 0%" the easy fix is to force quit the launcher from task manager, then navigate to the SWTOR install directory and delete the following:

Code:
swtor (just the client folder, not the entire install!!!)
retailclient_swtor.version
and any stale game client patch folders like

Code:
retailclient_swtor_80to81
that will force the launcher to download "Game Client 1" and then patch directly to "Game Client 82" or whatever it's on.

I have to do this every time on all 3 of my swtor comps, it's a PITA but it works.
Wyldfyr | Peta | Ursha
Guild Leader
Pak'Cafan - US Jedi Covenant

cypheXx
01.23.2013 , 02:19 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings cypheXx,

Thanks for contacting us, below are a few steps that I would like you to try.
Spoiler

Please be aware that this may cause you to download additional files.

Additionally do you have SWTOR Unleashed on your computer? If so this can cause issues with patching so please remove it.

Thanks for your patience.
I have tryed all that, I did read, the last 10 copy paste u posted around the forum.. And no I dont use that ''SWTOR Unleashed'' Dont even know what it is

cypheXx
01.23.2013 , 02:24 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by tehblade View Post
Anyone stuck at "installing game client 0%" the easy fix is to force quit the launcher from task manager, then navigate to the SWTOR install directory and delete the following:

Code:
swtor (just the client folder, not the entire install!!!)
retailclient_swtor.version
and any stale game client patch folders like

Code:
retailclient_swtor_80to81
that will force the launcher to download "Game Client 1" and then patch directly to "Game Client 82" or whatever it's on.

I have to do this every time on all 3 of my swtor comps, it's a PITA but it works.
Thx for the try, but it still dont help.

tehblade
01.23.2013 , 02:28 PM | #15
Yeah that one only works if it's specifically stuck at 0% on the game client step. Kind of hijacked the thread but someone else mentioned the 0% error and I figured I'd post. Removing more of the stuff like CS suggested might help though?
Wyldfyr | Peta | Ursha
Guild Leader
Pak'Cafan - US Jedi Covenant

cypheXx
01.23.2013 , 02:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by tehblade View Post
Yeah that one only works if it's specifically stuck at 0% on the game client step. Kind of hijacked the thread but someone else mentioned the 0% error and I figured I'd post. Removing more of the stuff like CS suggested might help though?
Yes, but it was an effort worthy

Bronholz
01.23.2013 , 02:41 PM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
cypheXx

Id like you to try running a chkdsk and Memtest86+. This is to check if there may be a hardware conflict that is causing the launcher to act this may.

Please run the tests and then post back with the results.

Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

pyber
01.23.2013 , 02:45 PM | #18
So I said I'd post back if running the launcher to patch in Safe Mode worked, so here I am. And yes, this did work for me as well. Client is now patched and launching properly. Still, this is kind of a stupid thing to have to do in the first place.

I've mentioned it at least once before today, but BW yellownames, isn't this the kind of issue that should have been discovered and dealt with prior to pushing the patch to live? Sure it doesn't affect everyone, but there's enough folks I know that have had the same patch problem today as I have that surely if the patches were being properly tested someone would have discovered the issue and presented it to the dev staff for fixing. At least, that's what I would think is the way things should work. Maybe you folks need some more competent people on the QA staff that will actually try and find issues like this instead of sitting on their thumbs all day? Just a thought...
NOM

cypheXx
01.23.2013 , 02:49 PM | #19
cypheXx

Id like you to try running a chkdsk and Memtest86+. This is to check if there may be a hardware conflict that is causing the launcher to act this may.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\>chkdsk <drive >
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

C:\Documents and Settings\>chkdsk D:
The type of the file system is NTFS.

WARNING! F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
File verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
Index verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 3)...
Security descriptor verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
Usn Journal verification completed.

192988813 KB total disk space.
71814492 KB in 16969 files.
9636 KB in 5591 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
210257 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
120954428 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
48247203 total allocation units on disk.
30238607 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Documents and Settings\>

cypheXx
01.23.2013 , 02:54 PM | #20
cypheXx

This ''Memtest86+.'' I dont know how to use, or what do download ther, I tryede download, one and that failed, said somthing about security, then I downloaded a new one, and that program, whanted me to delete one of my disk's :s, and formate it to Fat32 .... BTW, I use Windows XP

**Edit.. I just did somthing, and that did not do anything ..