Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel to receive exclusive new in-game items!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Pre-order Rise of the Hutt Cartel to receive exclusive new in-game items!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rankyn
01.23.2013 , 03:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHunterC View Post
Agreed! Question: if we did already preorder it for the five extra days, will we get this stuff?
I know stupid question but better safe than sorry
"Players that pre-ordered Rise of the Hutt Cartel by January 7, 2013 11:59PM CT // 5:59AM GMT will also automatically receive these in-game items plus 5 days Early Access**."

ILOVEELO
01.23.2013 , 04:06 PM | #22
So I get a tree spider, a Sith Hutt guy, and a title that could belong to Lord Scourge if he were a Hutt.
I don't know how I feel about that...

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

: <3

C-3PO, TEEKLO CARBON!

Grafon
01.23.2013 , 04:32 PM | #23
I didnt think I'de be okay with the removal of class stories but now that I get a tree spider and a holo statue...

Come on bioware :\ I love this game but please give us some real information thats about content that isnt fluff. That stuff is cool I guess but you cant expect us to be particularly excited about stuff that everyone will have.
Sykotik
Sarkastik
Are you aware?

Talahar
01.23.2013 , 04:54 PM | #24
Thanks for the fluff items, always nice.
Since I've pre-ordered right after it was clear that we won't be able to use our cartel coins to purchase it (would have been nice, just saying, I have way too many of the blasted things), I only have one question, and I already know the answer.... "When it's ready."
Darth Banish, Twi'Lek Sorcerer 55, The Progenitor
Major Gyllian Talahar, Human Commando 55, The Progenitor
Captain Galen Talahar, Human Gunslinger 39, The Progenitor
SGR Supporter

Kubernetic
01.23.2013 , 04:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiibbyy View Post
I'm not sure I get "Pre-Orders". Consequently I usually don't do them, regardless of special digital trinkets thrown in or not. In this day and age where most games are starting to go to digital download, it's not like the game store down the street is going to be running out of copies. In fact - some game stores are not even stocking games now-a-days because of Digital Download. Which kind of kills themselves off .... but that's a whole different discussions. But it's not like ... "OMG! I have to Pre-Order something cause they are going to run out of copies!"

But, if one really wants to do that pre-order stuff and get those things that is perfectly fine. You get some nifty things for your characters ingame to show off. It's not going to hurt anything really.

I'm just saying, the whole "Pre-Ordering" concept is kind of silly. It dated back to really old times when games did come out in cardboard boxes and disks and sometimes a game was so popular the store did run out of copies. But in this day and age, it is not really necessary, it is just marketing. Oh and before the BW and EA haters jump on it and say "OMG they are so piggy" Blizzard does the exact same thing.
I think to the contrary, depending on the number of pre-orders for this new pack, BioWare may have changed the workforce allocated to it, perhaps adding more developers to the task to add more functionality previously left on the cutting room floor.

Remember, though, the concept of "pre-ordering" has even now been eclipsed by crowdfunding. Take a look at a recent effort by a game developer to collect money from buyers 2 years prior to launch date, to fund the creation of the game itself. He's over $7.4 Million on his way to $7.5 Million (USD) collected total.

People will pay in advance, even with scarce information, if they trust the developer and content enough.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Trollokdamus
01.23.2013 , 05:25 PM | #26
This fluff items are nice and all, but to be honest it worries me that they've already made 2 attempts to encourage people to pre-order without releasing any new info on it.

darklordpotter
01.23.2013 , 05:32 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
This fluff items are nice and all, but to be honest it worries me that they've already made 2 attempts to encourage people to pre-order without releasing any new info on it.
I hear you. Makes you wonder how confident they are about their product really doesn't it?

king_nile
01.23.2013 , 05:34 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
Agreed. We been given a vague 1 min video today. Obviously there's new content, but some details would be nice and an estimated time of arrival too. (Not just an estimated season of arrival).

PS>> Thanks for the fluff.
The Baratheon Legacy ~ {{The Bastion}} (lvl/valor/social)
Kingnile, Gunnery (56/90/10) Keith'Stone, Guardian (55/60/4) Ruusty, Scoundrel (50/3*/3)
Nilehist, Mara (59,65,7) Cleancut, PT (55/63/*) Spicee, Corr Sorc (50/50/3)

Vlacke
01.23.2013 , 05:47 PM | #29
Good news, i'm very pleased because i didn't see this coming when i pre-ordered the expansion weeks ago.
Also the items are cool, thanks.
Telcontar Legacy

Drudenfusz
01.23.2013 , 05:57 PM | #30
I like what I get, didn't expected to get anything else beyond my five days early access to the content.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version