Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wodaz
01.23.2013 , 11:59 AM | #21
Looking pretty awesome!!!
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"

ReverendAnderson
01.23.2013 , 12:06 PM | #22
It all looked good, but I still want actual information about features, systems, content, etc. in RotHC. Specifics are what will sell this expansion to me. Not that I mind a flashy marketing video.
"That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men."

Orlesian
01.23.2013 , 12:12 PM | #23
Nice~
Looking forward to it!
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

darklordpotter
01.23.2013 , 12:19 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ReverendAnderson View Post
It all looked good, but I still want actual information about features, systems, content, etc. in RotHC. Specifics are what will sell this expansion to me. Not that I mind a flashy marketing video.
Pretty much this except I would dispute how good a marketing video it actually was.

Darka
01.23.2013 , 12:25 PM | #25
There is no class story, this is basically operating as a Theme Park style content for all classes.

It looked okay, nothing blew me away,
THE DEFENDER PROGRAM - Gaming Community Est 2006
Information
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

lineinfantry
01.23.2013 , 12:31 PM | #26
it takes only 2 siths and bunch of lunatic mandalorians to take out entire hutt cartel..

Beniboybling
01.23.2013 , 12:59 PM | #27
WOW! It looks amazing. I can't believe the people who say its nothing special. They've clearly gone all out on the scenery, cut-scenes etc. It looks far better than any of the other planets I've seen, and the story sounds pretty epic. I look forward to this.

However I am a little peeved their not continuing class stories. To all those who are asking its pretty obvious they are not, if they were the developers wouldn't have been avoiding that question, and the advertising would clearly state that that was the case. You can tell by all the footage that is going to be a Ilum style planet (but hopefully alot better) with one big, major planet questline that involves all factions and some big characters. Its not new class stories, but I think I'll still enjoy it.

And if this expansion is successful, we will probably see more planets and more class stories in the future.

And a final qualm, although not really one that can be fixed. Its just Makeb looks a little too awesome. I'm not saying BioWare can't deliver, but it may make the other planets look a little sub-standard...

But altogether amazing, I'm looking forward to this and have already preordered. I suggest anyone else who wants new class stories in the future does the same. If this is successful, its a guaranteed Chapter 4.

JerevFalar
01.23.2013 , 01:26 PM | #28
It looks interesting, though I do wish we would go to a more lore-heavy planet. Something like Ossus, Mandalore, or maybe even Kashyyyk. I trust that the devs did some cool stuff though, even if most of the original team has been fired or has left.
<:: The Army of Light ::>
RP/PvE/PvP
The Ebon Hawk
Main Hub Forum Application Center

mothear
01.23.2013 , 01:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Get ....... pre-order the Digital Expansion now to receive exclusive in-game rewards!

Watch now
and these are exactly what, I assume it isn't early access as that closed 7th January?

edit - found it

itsmymillertime
01.23.2013 , 02:05 PM | #30
the video made me wanting more like a good video should, but it was too short and did not show enough, i am really disappointed.