Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel: First Look Video
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dirtnose
01.30.2013 , 02:21 PM | #111
Excuse me if I'm being an idiot, but is there going to be more announced? Maybe a new race or something? Or is it just going to be the new planet and levels?

Thanks.

Mikksiboy
01.31.2013 , 11:13 AM | #112
Looks awsome new beautyfull planet but the citizens could be more newer it is like Alderaanian citizans or "nobles"

Mikksiboy
01.31.2013 , 11:18 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by HeLL_BrYnger View Post
imo, trailers are trailers, and gameplay is gameplay.

and why the hell should a subscriber be paying extra money for new stuff? i really dont get it.
i agree but it is an expansion such do cost like in wow whit all the Expansions where you need to buy the new cover cause you need the cd to instal and such but yeah it could be free but then we should more or less have bader stuff (dont know if it is a English word) like they could clip some stuff away and set it into another expansion coming later or in a new patch or whit the other thing it is called....update.

Mikksiboy
01.31.2013 , 11:19 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by tman_ac View Post
Have to say, the look of the new planet seems to be really nice. Hopefully there won't be endless areas without meeting anyone like in Hoth or Alderaan.
dont forget Tatooin

darthgamer
01.31.2013 , 11:23 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Get your first look at the brand new planet Makeb featured in Rise of the Hutt Cartel and pre-order the Digital Expansion now to receive exclusive in-game rewards!

Watch now
Still hasn't shown me much of anything or got me to pre order sorry BW gotta do better then that..
Squadron 11-11-11

ZRated
01.31.2013 , 08:35 PM | #116
Of course subbers have to pay for the expansion..... our $15/mo only pays for the server maint. and running keeping that gimmick of a cartel market freshly "stocked" so BioWare can make that quick "on-demand impulse" money from FTP people!!!
I don't have anything cool and cheesy to put here... I'll leave that to everyone else...

Nastrael
01.31.2013 , 10:30 PM | #117
meh...

Promito
02.01.2013 , 04:03 PM | #118
That's it?!!?? A stupid marketing cinematic? Almost none of that video will be what you get during gameplay. I saw maybe 1 or 2 seconds of what MIGHT be gameplay. There is no way I'll preorder based on that video...and I seriously doubt the "expansion" will be out by spring anyway. Maybe in time for Christmas...maybe. And that's if they've even really started working on it. I strongly suspect that the reason the devs won't talk about what's in it is because there is nothing to talk about. People seem to forget how long EA strung us along (years!) before finally releasing a broken game. I love SW so much and keep coming back to this game hoping against hope it's improved, but very little has. Grrrrrr... It's no wonder why the Bioware founders quit EA en-mass.
I'll put my $10 in the bank and by the time the expansion comes out I'll have made enough money in interest to buy the expansion and probably a new computer.

ZRated
02.01.2013 , 06:42 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Promito View Post
That's it?!!?? A stupid marketing cinematic? Almost none of that video will be what you get during gameplay. I saw maybe 1 or 2 seconds of what MIGHT be gameplay. There is no way I'll preorder based on that video...and I seriously doubt the "expansion" will be out by spring anyway. Maybe in time for Christmas...maybe. And that's if they've even really started working on it. I strongly suspect that the reason the devs won't talk about what's in it is because there is nothing to talk about. People seem to forget how long EA strung us along (years!) before finally releasing a broken game. I love SW so much and keep coming back to this game hoping against hope it's improved, but very little has. Grrrrrr... It's no wonder why the Bioware founders quit EA en-mass.
I'll put my $10 in the bank and by the time the expansion comes out I'll have made enough money in interest to buy the expansion and probably a new computer.
I want your bank
I don't have anything cool and cheesy to put here... I'll leave that to everyone else...

jpicard
02.02.2013 , 10:43 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by foorg View Post
Didn't see much, on the main website it was advertised as game play vid, little to no game play seen. And this should be freely accessible for subscribers imo.
Or do the subscribers pay for up keeping the current game only and not for the development and new content?

I love the game but will never pay for this because I already pay 144,- a year! Should be enough right?

And what do you get? Another planet only? Little to no info on what to come. Sorry I will not support this but wish all a nice time on that planet and hope for them it is worth the money they payed.

If the next add on will include a new sector with planets and new content, then I can agree with the additional fee.
Unfortunately ... I agree with you. Swtor is my best game ever, ok, at par with wow. But this can be very very hardly called EXPANSION. And I'm still subbed after more then 1 year even if not actively playing for last half year. Have continued to be subbed as kind of support to counteract so many haters swtor has. Never did something like that in my life (50 currently).
But now I'm disappointed. And very sad at same time. This should never be called expansion but added only as free content. I would prefer waiiting for another year and get expansion worth original game. AND WHAT IS WORST ONE OF BEST PARTS OF SWTOR ARE MISSING FROM THIS "EXPANSION". Still thinking about ... but is more and more likely I will cancel my sub. For pure emotional reasons I have remained subscriber so far. Sure, will return to play "expansion" when It comes time, no doubt about, but .... Ah, ... I'm so sad.