Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What the hell just happened - lost 3 hours of progress

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
What the hell just happened - lost 3 hours of progress

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mentalste
01.23.2013 , 11:15 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Rerakoth View Post
I am not one for usually complaining but I am going to be honest. 3 hours might be nothing to some people but it is for me. My free time is little and managed to get a good 3 hours on here tonight and now I have lost everything I did and I am back where I started? I really hope something is sorted out because this really sucks.
Exactly the same for me. Not a happy bunny at all. Sent several tickets 5 tweets and an email. Not one response. So just cancelled my subscription. Was supposed to renew in a few days.

MichelvanMeerten
01.23.2013 , 11:22 AM | #72
Yep, same happened to me. Lost my Rakata belt from Asation and my weekly has been reset ro uncomplete.
Thats just unacceptable.

Edphisto
01.23.2013 , 11:30 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Rollbacks can happen to any MMO and do happen, least it wasn't a 2 week one like with ultima online recently.

I would blame the people that use hacks in game first up, some hacks alter server design and create conditions in the server that can create instability and corruption. Resulting in going to the last known good save.
Except it isn't a proper roll-back as items that existed previously in time are now lost.

I had a Korrealis Baron on the GTN which expired in the period which was erased. As no one was expecting a roll-back I took the speeder from my mails and I put it into my inventory. Of course, this action should have been undone in a proper roll-back. The sale would not have expired on the GTN and so would have never been mailed or put into my inventory. This is not the case. Not happy at all. I've submitted a ticket which is still open.

Gen chat has also been reporting numerous faults with the mail system.

DharmaPolice
01.23.2013 , 12:21 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I would blame the people that use hacks in game first up
I know you are keen to play the role of game defender but this is totally absurd.

Yes, I'm sure hacks can cause server problems, but to blame hackers for issues like this without a shred of evidence is ridiculous.
Derimeth / Splendora / Rosaluxemburg - The Red Eclipse

Islenthor
01.23.2013 , 12:30 PM | #75
Well..; we did a EV HM run yesterday with our IMp guild... I expect all lost loot to be refunded...

And an answer what measureas are taking to prevent another "disaster" from happening again... in other words: does BioWare learn from his mistakes/faillures???

Glower
01.23.2013 , 12:34 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Islenthor View Post
And an answer what measureas are taking to prevent another "disaster" from happening again... in other words: does BioWare learn from his mistakes/faillures???
Are you serious? Of course not.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Islenthor
01.23.2013 , 12:53 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Are you serious? Of course not.
That was a retorical question... Ofc they don't care!

Elrithis
01.23.2013 , 12:57 PM | #78
I think they fact they havent even bothered to admit there was a problem is key to the fact that they wont roll the servers forward again or refund any items

Vintish
01.23.2013 , 01:06 PM | #79
I've been having problems with in game crash's that I've not been able to resolve and now this?! A 3 hour roll back! With the severe possibility that i won't get anything that I earned/found in that time back? It's just too much, and a near complete lack of response from CS is just down right unacceptable and to be honest plain rude on Bioware's part.

Seriously considering just moving on now. Really low feelings towards this game at the moment.

Elrithis
01.23.2013 , 01:11 PM | #80
The thing is i can look through all of the other problems that this game has becasue i enjoy playing it, but its things like this...